Search results

1. S

Noise question for my 4270

It does have the relay. Works perfectly. My concern is about my little thud after I power it off.
  2. S

Noise question for my 4270

Just got this beautiful 4270 from a family member (yes I will try and upload a pic) Works great, sounds great, cleaned all the pots.,etc. When I turn it off it makes a noise. Not a loud pop, maybe more like dull thud. Not very loud at all. But it is there, wondering if it is just an old...
  3. S

Too many Marantz's

Yes, that is part of my problem also. In the 70's there was no way my family could afford even the cheapest one. Some of my friends had them and I really, really wanted one. Now I have overcompensated. But they are all cool. Every room in the house has one. Great conversation pieces.
  4. S

Too many Marantz's

I always enjoy reading all the threads on having too many, how much is too much, etc. I think I have too many and am finally pondering thining the herd (No, I am not offering any for sale and will not respond to such requests). Just posting this because of the problems of having several. I...
  5. S

Marantz and my ipod; a question

Want to thank all who replied. A nice, wide range of options for sure. I decided to go with LCDeuce. I figure for under 10 bucks I'd give that site a shot. Got the 15 ft cord. Have no problem hooking it up to the AUX on my 2275. All that unit does really is play the ipod. Its hooked up to Large...
  6. S

Marantz and my ipod; a question

Naturally my ipod sounds great through the Marantz's I own. I do have the hookup jacks through the aux and works great. Question is, what is the proper term for the RCA jacks used to connect the ipod up? I'm looking for something more generic than the monster cable stuff sold at Best B. Plus...
  7. S

Sony 1600

Have trouble with the photos but here it is
  8. S

Sony 1600

Hey all, found this unit. Not really a sony man, but for ten bucks, why not? Works fine except the power button has trouble turning off. Figure it needs a bit of cleaning. Anyone know anything about them? Are they good, bad, neither? Any tips on how to disasemble? Not sure how to get the...
  9. S

Can't use an ipod on my 2275

Thanks for your help, guys. Problem solved. Bad connector jacks from the ipod to the aux.Can't figure out how or why. But a new one fixed it. Was worried, my 2275 is second favorite. Wood case, LED's almost mint condition. I really need to learn how to post pics here. Can't afford to fix it...
  10. S

I like that response....LOL Luckily my 2285B lacks dignity. Makes the ipod rock the house.
  11. S

Blue LED's are you serious??????

With all due respect to those who disagree; I have almost no doubt the blue LED look is what Marantz wanted. Look how dark blue tinted the plastic is. If they had had LEDs, they would have used them. I won't put them in all my units, but the one that has them stands out, gets the most...
  12. S

Anyone have ideas on why am-fm work just fine but I can't get aux or tape functions to play an ipod? I know all the hookups, and the ipod works fine on my other units. It is OK to laugh if there is a simple solution......
  13. S

Marantz 2226B

My 2226B was one of my first units, and still one of my favorites. I agree the LED's look great and also agree that if Marantz had had them back in the day, they would have been used for sure. I have LED's in my 2275. Would the difference be as great in a silver faced unit like the 2226B?
  14. S

2275 screen scratched.

I've never had a long scratch, but I have noticed little pin holes on mine once. A little black felt pen dabbed on the spots did the trick. I noticed the pin hole marks after changing my Vellum on my 2015. Never had it happen on my others. Suspecting some coatings may be 'cheaper' than...
  15. S

Model 2216B: What type of wood case - if any...

I'm pretty sure it is the W-116. Or at least that is what I think it is called. I own a 2218, that seems identical in every way to a 2216B, that came with one. It is a 3 piece case, smaller than the ones on the larger 22xx such as my 2285B. I don't think they are that valuble, since they are on...
  16. S

yet another Craigslist score

thanks for the input AKers! Pondering what I should do with it. Think I can fix the cord. Another problem is relay keeps kicking in. Sometimes it won't turn on at all. Looks like it needs to go to a pro. Guessing it is something in the amp board. I had to buy it considering the situation...
  17. S

question about Marantz wood cases

Anyone know where to find the preforated metal used on the back of the marantz cases? Any help would be appreciated.
  18. S

yet another Craigslist score

Found a 2235b with a wood case for 20 bucks! Bought it untested since I knew the wood case, scratched up and without the screen, would be worth more than that. After cleaning, the faceplace and the rest is in excellent condition. Nothing like a diamond in the rough. Anyhow it works...kinda...
  19. S

Subwoofer question;

Thank you all for your help. Is Rg-6 and RG 59 easy to find, Homecheapo, or Radioshack
  20. S

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

Wow! for a non-tech like me, this is perhaps the best how-to-do-it I have ever seen here. And thats saying something because there is some pretty good stuff here. And I can't wait to try this. Just one question; How do you get the silver knob off without breaking it?
  21. S

Subwoofer question;

Need to move my JBL subwoofer in the livingroom around. Had it for years and is hooked up to the only non-vintage stereo I have. When I bought it, they of course sold me on the expensive Monster cable. I know now this stuff is way overkill, if even needed at all for speakers. Question is...
  22. S

The little Marantz 2010 receiver

If I was ever forced to 'thin out the herd', my 2015 would be one of the last to go. Of course I can't see any of my units leaving until they are pried from my cold, dead fingers....
  23. S

Best sounding marantz

2285B is the best sounding of my collection. Hands down
  24. S

Replacing bulbs in meters - Marantz 2020 tuner.

I'm not an expert, and don't know about the 2020. However I do own a 2015. Guessing there might be some common ground. I had to replace the meter bulb in it. Not so easy but doable. I had to take the faceplate and dial cover off as though I was going to do all the lamps. The lamp is in the...
  25. S

Post your homemade wood cases

Forgot to mention, my custom case is a replacement for a w-10.
Back
Top Bottom