Search results

1. Edzo

Mission 70's..the white conuses. amazing.

Anybody here listening to these little bastards? They are the smallest of the Mission white conuses series. I guess they were meant as sattelites in a 5.1 setup or something. I don't like surround for music, I like honest serious stereo. So I use them for my laptop setup. These little...
  2. Edzo

Modding the Harman Kardon 730 phono stage

I wonder too now.......I like the amp (A-402) absolutely, for listening FM radio (tuner T-403) and good digital audio via Aux. (via Roland Rubix24 ) Lately bought a Telefunken S-800 pick-up, and started playing vinyl again. indeed the sound didn't really please me. I am not sure yet it's the...
  3. Edzo

Anyone ever torn apart a Denon PMA770/750?

Right, but maybe indeed with this amp, try measuring things up.....If the Elco's seem to have a strange pin-size already......:)
  4. Edzo

Anyone ever torn apart a Denon PMA770/750?

own a PMA750 . bottom panel comes out. :) A few years ago I wanted for some reason :confused: to freshen it up with new Elco's. All at the beginning of my vintage hifi hobby. o_O At the time it seemed Elco's with the right distance between the 2 pins were VERY hard to find..... I sort of put...
  5. Edzo

Welcome to the British Audio Forum!

might I be in with a bunch of Mission speakers (the white conuses series) 70/700/701 and 704?) and some humble KEF Chorales and Wharfedale Diamond III 's ? And maybe there is a set of Quad 405 and 44 heading my way........but that's not sure yet......
  6. Edzo

Mission Owners’ Thread

Nobody in with the "white conuses" series? And why not? I wonder about your opinions about them. I own 70's 700's 701's (2 pairs) and a pair of 704's. In daily listening use are the 701's. the small 70's I use in my desktop computer-setup. the 704's are too big for my listening room, they...
  7. Edzo

Akai AM-U55 seems to love my speakers

Thanks for your answer. I know it's about the combo of speakers and amp. Which decides about success or not. Some combo's surprise me negative, some positive. As I said, I might have to look for some other speakers then to match the HK A-402. And even per type/brand it seems hard. My HK 430 Twin...
  8. Edzo

Akai AM-U55 seems to love my speakers

Usually play with my Harman Kardon A-402 amp. Now and then I hook up this Akai. To keep it awake and .....for fun! As I did tonight. This amp really seems powerful and clean musical sound. It might get more out of my speakers (Mission 701 in this case) than with the HK A-402. Powerwise, and at...
  9. Edzo

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yes, actually I promised them more or less to my brother-in-law, before I hooked them up. For his garage radio or something.... I didn't expect much before hooking them up. But I texted him: "I'm sorry, but really got to think about this mate" They are singing little boxes. No bass or whatsoever...
  10. Edzo

Besides the aforementioned big hit on the Pioneer amp and tuner, made a deal about a pair of KEF Chorales, and a pair of Grundig Lautsprecherbox 19. 10 euros at a private second hand shop. The Grundigs I bought for their funny small size and looks, but they sound really surprisingly decent. For...
  11. Edzo

Lucky Day? Can call a Pioneer SA-708 and TX 608 mine for 8 bucks

Sorry mate, I don't buy everything out of thrift shops. Bought some HK stuff and Missions and the Telefunken for 'normal' prizes. Just to make sure we understand each other....;) and indeed 'decal' is the right english word for it....sorry I'm Holland-based:rolleyes: But indeed it's a steal. I...
  12. Photo_2018-10-31_00-53-03

Photo_2018-10-31_00-53-03

13. Edzo

Lucky Day? Can call a Pioneer SA-708 and TX 608 mine for 8 bucks

Photo_2018-10-31_00-53-03 by Edzo posted Oct 31, 2018 at 12:56 AMHello all you Pioneer freaks :) As you can figure out from my signature my main rig is 70's Harman Kardon at the moment. But I sometimes stumble over other gear and buy what I like and think is something decent. (the mint(!)...
  14. Edzo

Snapped A NICE set: Pioneer SA-708 amp and matching tuner TX-608. Blue-line series. 1979 I suppose. both together for less than 10 bucks.............!!!!!!!! The most interesting is, there is still a sticker on the amp, I suppose it has been a demo in a shop......and has been hidden away...
  15. Photo_2018-10-30_21-34-58

Photo_2018-10-30_21-34-58

16. Photo_2018-10-30_21-33-59

Photo_2018-10-30_21-33-59

17. Photo_2018-10-30_21-34-51

Photo_2018-10-30_21-34-51

18. Edzo

Grundig Lautsprecher-Box 19

Indeed they sound surpisingly decent. Didn't know what to expect when I hooked them up......Singing little boxes they are!!!!!!!!!!.......don't expect any low frequencies, but the frequencies they can handle are precise, nice stereo- ambience , and really a pleasure to listen to , given their...
  19. Edzo

Grundig Lautsprecher-Box 19

9-year old tread.....sorry :) but just picked a pair at a second-hand 'shop' .For a few bucks. Still have to test them. But I don't want to cut off the original DIN 2-pins, I'll fix a pair of female 2-pins with some wire to connetct them. Interesting pair of little speakers. Indeed still after...
  20. Edzo

TT opinions asked

Thanks. I'm gonna give it a try . I think it's a good basis to start with, given the fact it runs really steady . :D
  21. Edzo

TT opinions asked

Thank you!! :)
  22. Edzo

TT opinions asked

Sorry, can't make out the meaning of your message. Cynical or funny? :confused: I might better ask about facts, then. instead of opinions. Maybe my English is not good enough to catch the real meaning of some comments...... I tried to figure out more about this theory, (Telefunken S800...
  23. Edzo

TT opinions asked

after some research on internet, according to a german forum, it seems this table is a rebadged and slightly restyled Technics SL-2000. Anyone any opinions about this?
  24. Edzo

TT opinions asked

Things were postponed a bit, for several reasons. And I wasn't in a hurry. I don't know why, but came across a Telefunken S 800 hifi for a few bucks and bought it. . No idea if it is 'something' but it appears at least solid. nothing automatic, direct drive and about 6 kilo's in weight. Seems...
  25. Edzo

TT opinions asked

Interesting site you linked to, by the way Malden. thank you.
Back
Top Bottom