Search results

1. L

My CD player is dieing.

i think we're whipping a dead horse here. apparently, some people look at vintage CDPs with the glass half full, whilst others see them with that glass, well... TOTALLY EMPTY.
  2. L

My CD player is dieing.

because that 1500 came to me via UPS. WITHOUT the transit screw installed in fact. she hasn't shown me a problem one, nothing but elegant performance. do you think i would evangelize upon a CDP this much if it wasn't something special? just because some people sometimes have shipping issues...
  3. L

My CD player is dieing.

ya know, sometimes it hits me just how downright loathed vintage CDPs are here on AK...:grumpy:
  4. L

Harman/Kardon CD player! at the Army of Salvation

that's good to ya! personally though, i wouldn't touch a carousel CDP with a ten foot pole!!:yes::thumbsdn:
  5. L

Quirky CD Player Tray Problem

same damn thing my 2000 model PHILIPS DVD does! and i have done my lube on that one, too! i NEED a PIONEER DV-09!!:grumpy:
  6. L

Picture is worth a thousand watts

:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::music:
  7. L

E-Bay -Pioneer SX-1280 Vintage Receiver *MINT CONDITION*

amen man, AMEN.:thmbsp::music:
  8. L

My CD player is dieing.

yea, verily! seconded... DENON DCD-1500 Lady Ayeka Custom (1986/2008)
  9. L

Quirky CD Player Tray Problem

that's an easy fix. lube the tray drive gears, the gear track along the side of the tray, and any guide shafts. you can use a light household oil for this. i used the same on my DENON DCD-1500 and PIONEER PD-91. both open/close better than new!!
  10. L

Last of the greats?

you could say that. it was my very first serious stereo reciever, and has held strong and fast against pretty much every other receiver i have ever seen. and believe me, i've seen just about every one worth seeing. really, the only gripe i have with the unit is the lack of rosewood panels...
  11. L

Kenwood remote cable help

PIONEER uses the same concept for their SR remote system. any cable with stereo or mono miniphones on either end will do. in fact, i think just about every japanese manufacturer's 12v trigger based system remote control system was sourced from the same OEM. case in point? i once hooked the...
  12. L

indeed, mint only in the cosmetic sense. unless of course you happen to find some NOS. i recall a story a few years back about this guy that found TWO identical NOS 1970's PIONEER receivers at a store in canada. i also recall that they were the TOTL directly before the SX-1980 came out. (i...
  13. L

Best DAT and MiniDisc Recorder?

this is pretty much my favorite DAT deck... SONY DTC-75ES (1989) i am currently working on obtaining one, in fact. it will be my very first DAT. the technology has always fascinated me...
  14. L

Last of the greats?

i'd say that these bad boys here prove quite clearly that quality existed WELL past 1972... PIONEER VSX-D1S (1990) PIONEER SX-1980 (1978)
  15. L

Greetings...

welcome, dude!!:thmbsp::music:
  16. L

Craigslist: Portland, OR

when you're done listening you can always grill yourself up a nice thick steak. you don't even have to leave your listening room to do it!!
  17. L

Cassette changer?

such as these... CT-M5R CT-M6R CT-WM77R
  18. L

is the "Almighty" SX-1980 really that overrated? granted, 1970's gear isn't my cup of tea, but even i want one!! still, i'd never do with out my trusty daily steed here...
  19. L

Ugliest speakers?

i dunno, that backwards tilt bugs the hell out of me.:thumbsdn: i guess i just like "Monkey Coffins" is all...
  20. L

Ugliest speakers?

you swiped those from Donkey Kong's living room, didn't you?:nono:
  21. L

Vintage CD player

SONY CDP-101 (1982)
  22. L

Greetings from the great white north

welcome, man!:thmbsp::music:
  23. L

Pioneer S-180, what are they really?

if you did, :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:TO THE MAX!!:music: