Search results

1. AsRock

Yamaha CDX problem

Hi, i actually got some time for this again. and noticed that the spindle motor shorted and looks like i may off pulled the wires at some point as i cannot see when i could of knocked pins together. But they are un shorted and no it just spins at full speed, it does still actually ready the CD...
  2. AsRock

Yamaha CDX problem

No voltages to the motor at all, That's right it don't play at all now and the drawer is freely moving and it don't clamp when a CD is in. When the eject button is pressed this is what makes the lens move back and forth which i believe is what it did before. Thanks for you input.
  3. AsRock

Yamaha CDX problem

Hi i touched them up and now the door don't even open any more and just flashes disk and i see the lens moving one side to the other. So i took it back apart and re checked. Put it back together and it's still doing it. I all so had a look at other areas and did not see any bad. But i did...
  4. AsRock

Yamaha CDX problem

Hi all, i recently picked up a CDX-930 and it would not play at all and would just eject the cd after x amount of seconds. How ever i decided to take it apart as the disk tray looked like it been left open, finding a lot of dust in the unit the rails were filthy but once cleaned and the lens...
  5. AsRock

After another CD player

Yamaha CX-830 Yamaha MX-630. Which would you say is best in that price bracket ?, or if lucky going cheap. Don't mind having to fix it unless it's a lens, which i partly why i looking for another as the one in the Denon you have to either get really lucky some one is selling one cheap or pay a...
  6. AsRock

After another CD player

Hi, i am currently using a Denon DCD-1520 and just like to get another CD player which would match or outperform it. Any particular one that i should be looking at for say $130US or less ?. A friend suggested the SONY CDP-XA1ES but not to sure about it.
  7. AsRock

Yamaha MX-55 service manual ?

Sorry not been on for a little while, glad you like it though, i went back to using my MX-630 and been thinking of just selling them. How ever other than wpc they don't do to bad so might just keep at least one for a backup. As the the terminals i could not agree more and found that annoying...
  8. AsRock

After a upgrade from the RS4000

Sure i don''t see why not, be a while until i get to pick any thing up. Have a Happy New Year.
  9. AsRock

Thanks for the info, question on the polydone replacement's do they sound the same ? noticed that people have put stuff on the does to protect them too. Trying to avoid subs,
  10. AsRock

Christmas wishes for all

Lil late but hey, Happy Christmas all and hope you all have a good New Year
  11. AsRock

Anyone ?
  12. AsRock

I got my RS4000 about 6 or so months ago and at first i did not like them which i found them overall bright and bass seemed to lack. But putting them much closer to the wall helped and seems like i have grown a liking to them. When i got them i wanted to try some thing different from...
  13. AsRock

Thanks for the link, i soldered them and opened them up and give them a clean, re flowed a bunch of joints in high voltage and high heat area's like the speaker terminals. Did a quick test once that was done and left them for about a week and just tested one of them with 0 problems. Thanks for...
  14. AsRock

Well taken them off and carefully opened and cleaned them, will have to see in a week or so if it solved it. There was more dirt in there than i though, good ol camera got it all to show, but all nice and new looking now :banana: Here's a few pics. It's no 29 years of dust that's for sure, 2...
  15. AsRock

Denon DCD1500 MkII service

Hello, some one dropped this unit of as they were having a issue with the CD door which ii found that is was just a belt issue. How ever i ran out of typical lithium grease i use but have some Liquid Wrench White Lithium Grease ( which is actually a light brown in color ) Like to know if this...
  16. AsRock

I had thought that but it's a none issue after the unit has been plugged in and used, don't know how long it takes to do it again as i have only had it a week so. But i think your on to some thing though and might be worth taking a peek and cleaning as they might be just starting to get dirty...
  17. AsRock

ill have to check the relay's later but the distortion does go once the volume has been higher, it's mainly when when it's just been plugged in which could just be the main caps charging still. First thing i did was check the main board for dry\cold joints, i guess another look will do no harm...
  18. AsRock

Thanks, i actually just ended up buying one from ebay. MX-50 is a different beast. Besides when it''s been unplugged for a while there is distortion but soon clears up and works how it should. The transistors i checked in to were the SA1491\2, same with the pairs for them a digit difference...
  19. AsRock

Hi, i am after a service manual for this unit or at least some one to confirm the main transistors in it. Well why i am asking about this is that the MX55 is a 4 channel Amplifier and it has 2 different pars of transistors. Why bother with such unit's, well they are in such a awesome condition...
  20. AsRock

CX 830 owners????

^^, Windows user ::P ?, now now what did the penguin ever do to you.
  21. AsRock

CX 830 owners????

Sorry i missed your question been away for a while. Anyways glad you were abler to get it sorted out.
  22. AsRock

Marantz Model 4300 needs help

Well just finished cleaning the front, replaced the vellum diffuser paper and replaced the cord string. Now selling it would be a issue again as it looks real nice. So going rap it up and put it away in the bedroom in a safe space ( no pun intended ) as we all know what happens to stuff in the...
  23. AsRock

2SB527 Ooh not going scrap it, just like to keep it as original as possible, chances are i will sell it as i am more of a Yamaha person, how ever i did really want to hear what it had to give. More hung on keeping it as original as possible is due too the chance i will end up selling it and a...
  24. AsRock

Thanks for getting back to me, sadly i have decided to call it a day with the unit, and maybe i can find some one who has the one transistor it needs to solve it's issue and keep it more original. So Big thank You to @petehall347 , @EastPoint , @mbz , @jstang , @wlhd1610 @catrafter and Mark @...
  25. AsRock

well like to thank all those who have helped so far with this. The resistors have been replaced along with the transistors. The channels work, how ever the left channel has distortion which i have found out that is due to 2sb527 transistor being faulty. I don't really know how to go about...
Back
Top Bottom