Search results

1. goodshelac

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Jumping in to a very old thread. Do any of you know if the tonearm from a 6110 will fit on a 6170? Thanks!
  2. goodshelac

Marantz 6100 clutch plate

Update. Issue resolved
  3. goodshelac

Marantz 6100 clutch plate

Good evening. I just picked up a 6100 and an having issue with the clutch plate under the platter. Is it correct that this plate does not attach to the turntable but target just sits loosely on the center pin? Mine seems to wiggle around and just doesn't seem that it's seated correctly. The auto...
  4. goodshelac

Marantz 45rpm Adapter

Montycat, Thank you for this. I did see that one as well. The 6300 I have is absolutely stunning and I want to keep everything original. But, I'll keep this one in mind should I not be able to locate the original. Thanks again!! Jason
  5. goodshelac

Marantz 45rpm Adapter

Hello fellow AK! Not sure if it's prudent to post this here, please let me know if it's not. I am in search of an OG 45rpm adapter for a Marantz 6300. The black one with the overhang gauge on it. I think the 6100, 6150, and others have the same adapter. I've checked all the usual resale sites...
  6. goodshelac

Sansui SR-838 Drive Motor Broken Mount

Update: turns out the center hole was sightly bent on the underside of the platter. I took a metal punch that was the same size as the spindle and ran that into the center hole. I gave it a few taps with a 2# mallet and it straightened out! Spins like new!
  7. goodshelac

I'm fairly certain. I replaced the motor assembly when I refinished the plinth. When I lay the platter on a flat surface it rocks ever so slightly.
  8. goodshelac

Hey everyone. I wanted to put the feelers out to see if anyone out there has a platter for this 838. As I mentioned mine has a light wobble to it. It doesn't affect playback but it does drive me slightly mad! Let me know if you hear of anything out there. Thanks!
  9. goodshelac

Just got my 838 back from the refinisher yesterday. Plinth stripped down and repainted with a ceramic clear coat. Also had the OG dustcover buffed out. Thanks to a new motor from johhny_fever and some input from you all here and around AK, I got this up and running last night. Installed to...
  10. goodshelac

Marantz 2220b Dead right channel

Perhaps, but for those of us out here that are in the very early stages of learning these processes, it's an easy way to get some practice in. I for one, do not completely understand how to translate a 1977 Marantz parts list to a modern day Mouser equivalent. So if a more experienced person has...
  11. goodshelac

The seller was apologetic and refunded me the cost of the relay and told me to keep it. It worked out as I'm also working on a 2238b that I think takes the same relay.
  12. goodshelac

Marantz 2238b Recap.

Thanks for this, this is great!! Did you do any transistors or diodes replacement while you were in there?
  13. goodshelac

I have no idea!! One of the more bizarre things I've seen. My guess is that it was shipped with the platter on or it was dropped and landed squarely on all four feet and that snapped off the tabs. Funny as I was digging in the motor assembly, I found that someone before me had tried to fix this...
  14. goodshelac

I tried JBweld on the top as it was the only part that was accesible at the time I did it. It did not hold. I've found a replacement motor, thanks Jonny_Fever!!
  15. goodshelac

I'm with you. I couldn't figure it out until I completely disassembled the motor assembly. Anyway, here's some more pics.
  16. goodshelac

Yeah, the 737 is a different motor. Now that I got the broken shaft out of my 838 I'm wondering if just that piece will fit:dunno:. I do know now that the 636 is the exact same motor. Might just need to wait for one to come up for sale.
  17. goodshelac

Thank you for that. I ordered one just to be sure. So...Here's what happened. I got everything back together and was getting no voltage at the board. The unit was powering on, lights and meters working, just no sound and no detectable idle current or DC at the amp board. Then while I was...
  18. goodshelac

Update: JB weld will not work. Those three tabs are the base of the motor shaft. All cast iron, all one piece. SO that leaves replacing the shaft with one out of a 737. I'll give it a go.
  19. goodshelac

Good Evening AK! Just inherited a SR-838, which I've been wanting for a while see what gives and how it stacks up against my SL-1200 MKii. That being said, first thing i noticed was the motor was not seated correctly inside the main motor housing. I took all that apart and found that the...
  20. goodshelac

Got everything back in and now the relay won't click on. No power to the board in either channel. Gonna take a break on this for a bit. Not sure what next steps should be.
  21. goodshelac

Ok. I did remove that wire to work on the amp board. I've since soldered it back. I'll double check that again. Are there test points on the supply board that I can measure to the individual outputs, if that makes sense. Want to make sure the phono board, and pre are getting voltage.
  22. goodshelac

Ok. So here's where I'm at. I've got all of the caps and transistors replaced. My last bit is to replace the blob diodes on H705/706. I'll do this by fusing two small glass diodes together to make a double diode. As far as the relay goes, I found out that the opaque smaller relays were oddball...
  23. goodshelac

Well I put my DMM on them and got a .55 reading. and a zero reading the other way around. So I think they are good. The service manual mentions checking these two in particular for troubleshooting a bad channel. The diodes on H705/706 seem like they are out of my skill set unless I find an exact...
  24. goodshelac

I will post updates as I start to replace the parts. I'm still learning how to work on these so it may take me a little bit. I'm also not the greatest on terminology so I'm still a little lost about your part MY2F-DC24. I'm not sure what that means, thank the Lord for AK! Do you know where I...
  25. goodshelac

This is the relay that I ordered. It is part of a rebuild kit that comes with other caps, diodes, and transistors.
Back
Top Bottom