Search results

1. goodshelac

Marantz 6100 clutch plate

Good evening. I just picked up a 6100 and an having issue with the clutch plate under the platter. Is it correct that this plate does not attach to the turntable but target just sits loosely on the center pin? Mine seems to wiggle around and just doesn't seem that it's seated correctly. The auto...
  2. goodshelac

Marantz 45rpm Adapter

Hello fellow AK! Not sure if it's prudent to post this here, please let me know if it's not. I am in search of an OG 45rpm adapter for a Marantz 6300. The black one with the overhang gauge on it. I think the 6100, 6150, and others have the same adapter. I've checked all the usual resale sites...
  3. goodshelac

Sansui SR-838 Drive Motor Broken Mount

Good Evening AK! Just inherited a SR-838, which I've been wanting for a while see what gives and how it stacks up against my SL-1200 MKii. That being said, first thing i noticed was the motor was not seated correctly inside the main motor housing. I took all that apart and found that the...
  4. goodshelac

Marantz 2220b Dead right channel

Happy belated turkey day AK! Just finished recapping the phono board, power supply board, and pre amp/tone board. As was when I started the right channel is dead on all inputs. Power supply tested at 35mv. Idle current set at 20mv. Left channel DC is 0 and I can see it move as I adjust the trim...
  5. goodshelac

Sansui G-8000 help!

Good Morning! I need a little help getting my G-8000 to power on. Last night I was adjusting DC offset on the left channel which I did no problem. I went to connect my leads from my DMM to adjust the bias and I must have connected to the wrong test point. When I connected my negative lead there...
  6. goodshelac

Kenwood KP-5022F

Hello everyone! I have a KP-5022F quad TT. It's making a popping sound when the muting switch is activated/deactivated. Is there a cap that needs replacing on these that would fix this? I've noticed on some other threads that Dual TT have the same issue and a cap replacement could be the remedy...
  7. goodshelac

Sansui QRX-5500 Died changing the lamps

Good Evening AK'ers. So I did a rather stupid thing tonight. I had my 5500 apart on the bench for a cleaning and lamp replacement. I'm a novice at this so bear with me. I changed out the fuse lamps and those were all working great. I needed to replace one selector bulb and I forgot to turn off...
  8. goodshelac

Sansui Amp into 4 ohm Chapman Speakers

Good Morning AK'ers! Hope everyone is staying safe! I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to ohms and how that translates into which amp is good for which speakers, etc.. Here's what I got. I just stumbled across a pair of Chapman Audio 310 speakers. Very clean, very detailed, very cool...
  9. goodshelac

Sansui FR-1080 Dust Cover

Good Morning! Does anyone know what other models of Sansui would have a dust cover that would fit the FR-1080? I need to widen my search. Thanks and stay safe!!
  10. goodshelac

Sansui FR-1080 Dust Cover

Good Morning AK! Does anyone know what other models of Sansui would have a dust cover that would fit a FR-1080?? Thanks and stay safe!!
  11. goodshelac

Sansui AU-717 Vs. DBX BX3 Mkii

I have the opportunity to purchase a NM DBX X3 Mkii WITH CX3 pre. Very aesthetically pleasing and from what I've read It sounds just as good. I have yet to hear it but will do so before purchase. My question is two fold: 1. I know the DBX can pump out some power, especially in the 2 channel...
  12. goodshelac

Speaker ID HELP!

I need help identifying these speakers. The only marking on them is the "MK II" badge on the front grill. The grills are closed shut with glue. No way in or out of these that I can tell. .jpg attached. Any insights?
  13. goodshelac

Pioneer PL-6

Good evening. I found a great looking Pioneer PL-6 the other day. It's cosmetically sound but needs some love under the hood. First it'smissing the spindle. Second, the motor mounts seem to be rotting causing the motor to sit uneven this not making contact with the idler wheel at 33. Any one...
  14. goodshelac

Sansui FR-5080s

Just purchased an FR-5080s for $150. Beautiful table, cosmetically sound. Major issue is the platter won't turn off. Just keeps spinning. The auto functions, start, cut, return all work but when you select "stop" the cue arm returns then starts again without the platter turning off. What could...
  15. goodshelac

Sansui - 317 as a preamp?

Is there a way I can run my 317 as a pre for a phase linear 700? Or am I asking for a large house fire if I do this?
  16. goodshelac

Mcs 3865 selector knobs

Just picked up an MCS 3865 with 3710 tuner. Looking for black face selector knobs for input, speaker and mono/ stereo selector. Any other models like NEC or other MCS have parts that fit this? Thanks!
  17. goodshelac

Pioneer PL-41 Dust Cover

Hello AK! I'm looking at a PL-41 with a cracked dust cover. Wondering what the options would be for replacing the cover. Looks like there's a few for sale on ebay but also for other models. Is this model's dust cover interchangeable with other Pioneer TT's? $100 for the table plus the cost of...
  18. goodshelac

Sansui AU-317

Hello AK! Just recently picked up a 317 for around $100. Wondering if it's worth the investment to have it professionally recapped/serviced?? Local rates are $85/hr for this service. Should I put a couple hundred more into this amp and keep it around a while??
  19. goodshelac

Technics SL-D3

Good Afternoon! I stumbled across ($30) a SL-D3 with remote interface last weekend. It has some issues and I'm wondering if it's worth it to put money into this set-up. First thing I noticed is the cue button isn't working. The table spins when I manually set the tone arm but it isn't automatic...
  20. goodshelac

Introduction

Hello All!! I've been reading your threads from afar and I'll have to say it's nice to be here. I'm interested in vintage audio, specifically turntables, even more specifically, Technics. I'm looking forward to chatting you folks!!
Back
Top Bottom