Search results

1. avataar

KR-7070 restoration main amp & fm tuner

I enjoy getting comments so thank you for the reply and the tips. I indeed used MJ21194G for Q1-4 (all were 2SC898 before) and I'm considering replacing the small transistors too so the tip on KSC1845FTA is much appreciated. The electrolytic caps are maybe next.
  2. avataar

It turned out another of the 2SC898 transistors died as well and perhaps failed 2SC680s and/or 2SA566s. Or maybe the new parts I got were not that genuine after all. I gave up on the idea of chasing original transistors and replaced all 8 with modern ones: 2SC898 with MJ21194G 2SC680 with...
  3. avataar

Just tried an improvised ~108-ohm resistor made out of three ~330-ohm ones in parallel. Still ~75 V on the collector of Q2 and Qe5 heating up :(. Could a fake 2SA566 transistor be the reason?
  4. avataar

It took me some time but I managed to find (hopefully) genuine 2SC898 and 2SA566. It took me even more time to solder in everything and try it out. I used a light bulb in series to make sure nothing too nasty happens. No smoke. Then I tried it without the light bulb and still no smoke. According...
  5. avataar

Thanks, I already did but forgot to mention it. All diodes are fine.
  6. avataar

Hello from sunny Sofia

My first find is a Kenwood KR-7070 in great cosmetic condition but it needs some work to bring it back to life. If you're curious have a look at this thread. Aside from the usual bells and whistles found on high-end vintage receivers that particular model has motorised auto-tuning, still...
  7. avataar

Hello from sunny Sofia

Thank you for the kind words. I've visited all of these countries but never lived in any of them or any other English-speaking place. I just love languages and they come naturally to me. I speak other languages too, to a varying degree.
  8. avataar

Kenwood KR-7070 FM muting issue - photocell lamp

Did you manage to get this working with a new lamp? I got a KR-7070 recently and one of the issues is no stereo decoding. I identified a faulty bulb in one of my opto-isolators too. I still have to fix the main amp before getting to that but I'm curious how it went for you. Also, if you still...
  9. avataar

Hello! AK newbie here looking for advice on restoring a KR-7070. I got it on eBay and the only thing I knew was that it powered up. The unit is in lovely cosmetic condition with an ok-ish plywood case. All switches are snappy and the glass is virtually scratch-free. After unboxing I tried it...
  10. avataar

Hello from sunny Sofia

Hi! I'm new here and I thought I'd better introduce myself before I start asking about things. I found AK by googling about various components found in vintage amps and receivers and every time the forums were packed with useful advice and invaluable information. I have a strong background in...
Back
Top Bottom