Search results

1. B

Poly woofer cleaning

Hi Everyone, Today I picked up a set of RSIIIb's, well kind of. They were in a car accident years ago and one of the cabinets was totaled, along with the car. So I got 1 complete cabinet, and 1 motorboard with drivers and crossover. I was planning on using the woofers and emits for some...
  2. B

QS-1 Issue

Hi Everybody, im having a issue with QS-1 that I need some help with. Basically, the issue is that the level of the front left channel is very low compared to all others when on stereo or normal quad. When the function knob is put it on quarter turn quad the bad channel moves to rear left, and...
  3. B

My Infinity setup and DIY Kappa Subwoofers

They load for me as long as I am signed into my Amazon account so something isnt right with the photo sharing. Trying to fix it.
  4. B

My Infinity setup and DIY Kappa Subwoofers

I started down this rabbit hole about 1.5 years ago when I purchased my first house. Prior to that I lived in apartments and duplexes so big speakers were out, and I don’t like headphones so I never bothered with a home system. Once I got my house, I had a nice finished basement room with...
  5. B

Recommendations for tube amps to complement Klipsch

Back when I had my H1s, I ran them with a Harman Kardon A300 which is rated for 15wpc but I ran a pre amp tube with less gain to get rid of the noise floor. Magic for stuff like Grateful Dead, Eagles, CCR, Beatles.
  6. B

Kappa 7

Why bother with that replacement when a proper repair of the original polydome is less?
  7. B

The evolution of the Sony Walkman

My dad had the first year TPS-L2 when it was called the Soundabout, a year later they changed the name to Walkman. He bought it new and still had it up till last year with the original box, paperwork, accessories, etc. It brought in pretty big bucks at the auction, some collector from Japan...
  8. B

Mac Digital Files

I havent used itunes in a long time but I do remember it converting everything to acc when imported.
  9. B

Any clubs in Wisconsin?

Im in Green Bay, have not seen or heard of any clubs around
  10. B

4.0 Quad Support

I guess this isnt a common issue, or no one listens to quad.. I contacted Emotiva about it and their stuff does support multichannel PCM in all configurations. I was specifically looking at the MC-700 since its the only one in my budget, but I would be giving up DSD over HDMI and that unit has...
  11. B

4.0 Quad Support

Hi everybody, Does anyone know of a AVR or Pre/Pro that supports 4.0 PCM? The long version is: I have a Marantz SR5012 that I am using as a pre/pro connected to some other power amps. Since setting up the system I have been using my Xbox One to play discs. I recently decided to add a...
  12. B

Stock KLF-20 woofer voice coil rub. Anybody seen that?

I had a pair for KG5.5s that had that issue. I think after being driven hard for a while the coil distorts and then rubs. You could try rotating the woofers 180 degress and see if they get better. Sometimes they kind of sag after a long time of not being used.
  13. B

7 Kappa Bass Question

Somethings not right. You should not have to replace woofers or need a eq. Have the crossovers been rebuilt? Just replacing the electrolytics gave the mids in mine a little more life. I have had mine setup in my listening room, and then brought them up to my office and they were equally good...
  14. B

7 Kappa Bass Question

Not sure what amp you are using but they need something decent. Most receivers and lower tier amps will not take control of the woofer so you will be left with a lot of very flabby and undefined bass. Put a decent amp behind them and they tighten up and mesh better with mids.
  15. B

Kappa 7

Yep, that would work. Check out what are in your crossovers now, and just same size cap and inductor. All of them I have seen match the values in the schematic but apparently there are revisions out there.
  16. B

8 Kappa Crossover Refresh

I have changed my mind. Im not going to bother with a build from scratch until I get to use all of the components I would like, which is more than I would like to spend at the moment. I will be disassembling the sandwich and replacing the NPEs. Ive done my 7s with relative ease so I should be...
  17. B

After looking at things more ive decided that I am going to build new crossovers from scratch but try to keep it reasonable as it is very easy to exceed the cost of the speakers. My plan is to remove the circuit board from existing ones and build a replacement from scratch that I will probably...
  18. B

Hi Everyone, I need some opinions on what to do with my 8 Kappa crossovers. I recently replaced the electrolytics in my 7s and now its time to do something with the 8s. The 8s are used in my main system and I plan on keeping them for a long time so the question is do I do the same and just...
  19. B

Infinity 7 Kappa. opinions?

Sounds like its time for a crossover rebuild. Replacing the electolytics with some Mundorf's woke my 7s up pretty noticeably
  20. B

Only way 300 wpc will hurt them is if there is already something wrong with them or if you drive them to clipping. Looking forward to hearing what you think of them. I just moved my 7s to my office a couple days ago, listening to them as we speak. Acoustic guitar sounds absolutely amazing on...
  21. B

Please suggest audio setup upgrade

I would recommend something like the Marantz PM6006. I dont find Onkyos to sound all that good, especially low priced ones. Otherwise check your local craigslist and facebook marketplace if you dont mind used. There are always deals on used stuff that will give you a better bang for your buck.
  22. B

That is a good price and I would definitely jump on them. It looks like you are a horn guy based on your signature, I was too until I got my 7s. I traded my Heresies for them and for the first couple of days found the mids very laid back, but once you get used to that you will find them to be...
Back
Top Bottom