Search results

1. JohnnyLou

Anybody know what these speakers are?

Too bad I didn't read the entire C.L. post or I would have gotten a clue as to what to search for! Sorry. Well, it gives people something to look at that they may have never seen. I don't know. It looks to me like a redneck science project type of speaker, but sometimes different is good. About...
  2. JohnnyLou

Anybody know what these speakers are?

Posted on Craig's List: https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/flushing-vintage-speakers/7303185391.html Interesting, but I have no idea what they are so I can't get excited......yet.
  3. JohnnyLou

JBL L112 Refinishing

Here's the non-damaged top after two coats of Watco Danish Oil (Light Walnut) and then the damaged/sanded speaker after three coats of same. Obviously I didn't get enough sanding done. I think I'm going to go after it with 150 grit to get those bad marks out. Here's hoping I won't be too...
  4. JohnnyLou

JBL L112 Refinishing

So this picture is after multiple rounds of using a hot iron and damp cotton cloth AND sanding one time with 220 grit. This is another "wet" picture with mineral spirits applied. I'm not sure I see a huge improvement over the "before doing anything" picture above. Is there any way to gauge how...
  5. JohnnyLou

JBL L112 Refinishing

I was just wondering about the sanding part because people have warned that the veneer can be quite thin but I think it depends on the model. Not really sure how to know when to stop sanding!! As to the find. I drove by the speakers on my way out of my subdivision and I figured it wasn't worth...
  6. JohnnyLou

JBL L112 Refinishing

Found a pair of JBL L112 speakers at the curb last Monday! The only reason they were thrown out (assuming) was that the woofers needed re-foaming. Apparently the owners were not familiar with that possibility. I've got them dropped off for that service now. Anyway, the cabinets are in good...
Back
Top Bottom