Search results

1. BDylanThomas

Any Friends of Bill W here @ AudioKarma

Some of us start later than others. I didn't start until 48. Some say we start when we are ready and that may be true. But I wish it had been at least a decade earlier. Life has been so much better.
  2. BDylanThomas

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

About a year I went looking for some BA speakers, not really expecting to find anything decent of course. But for a buck I found this. An XL but washed so many times it fits a shrinking old man.
  3. BDylanThomas

Ohm Model E2

Haven't been in AK for more than two years and lo and behold, when I come back, one of the first threads is about a speaker I own. I like the E2, although it is not used very frequently. Everything is original in the pair I have and they are being driven by a beefy Sony that is nothing special...
  4. BDylanThomas

Is Central Pa represented here??

Some early years in Lewisburg and then many later years visiting relatives near Selinsgrove. Could always tell which plane was going to Harrisburg by the age of people waiting at the gate.
  5. BDylanThomas

Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble Satellite Refoam

FWIW, my surrounds were so ugly cosmetically that I ended up taping the front and back sections, using grocery store paper bags, cut to size. Then, without sanding and priming, being lazy and cheap, I bought two cans of flat spray paint at Lowes and gave them about five coats in the garage...
  6. BDylanThomas

B&W 330i Tweeter Problem

Depends on how much you want to pay and how long you want to search. Looks to me as if you can buy one immediately for $64 here: http://bwgroupsupport.com/parts/partslist-bw There were some listed on ebay and elsewhere for much less in past years. 330i is relatively uncommon it seems but I...
  7. BDylanThomas

IHME Covid-19 Projection Looking Better

Sweden is in much worse shape than its neighbors such as Finland and Denmark, which have had earlier and more severe lockdowns. And some states, including Texas, not only have had much lower testing rates, but report deaths only from hospitalizations. Further important differences have to do...
  8. BDylanThomas

Chromecast Audio (CCA) and Windows10 help

Did I miss it in previous posts but have you actually switched out your laptop for another in the house temporarily to see if there is a change? I know CCAs are no longer being sold, but are they still receiving support? Might take a day or more to get any feedback but might be something to do...
  9. BDylanThomas

Chromecast Audio (CCA) and Windows10 help

Not a computer expert by any means. Almost sounds as if you are lacking adequate disk space on your laptop. Have you checked whether your tmp files are constraining your available disk space? Done a disk cleanup recently? I stream from YT via ethernet to my 5 wifi and then to several CCAs in...
  10. BDylanThomas

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Mark Knopfler's Local Hero as interpreted by the Vatersay Boys at Barrowlands. There are other versions in which the audience is more rambunctious but this is the best musically. It builds and builds toward a Scottish end.
  11. BDylanThomas

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Never knew this thread existed. Apologize in advance for the crappy photos as they are from an old IPAD. A couple that I made years ago, when the garage and workbench were free from tons of junk and tools. The big one was my first and it shows in terms structure and design. Actually fairly...
  12. BDylanThomas

Coronavirus Music

Something more mellow . . . this appeared on his album that was released two weeks before his death. It is reported that he and many other participating musicians knew his condition during the recording sessions.
  13. BDylanThomas

What's your favourite small speaker next to your computer?

The majority of my listening is via computer. Have tried Minimus-7 which were fine. Have tried B&W DM550s which were fine but too big for the available space. Tried some Philips and one or two others I cannot remember. Current set-up is by far the best of those I've tried: Cambridge Soundworks...
  14. BDylanThomas

Need Suggestions about B&W

I have never heard the 620s. I have a pair of the 330is and like them very much. Mine were purchased locally in a very special situation as they cost only $20. They are not in great shape cosmetically but that does not bother me. One other thing to consider. I also have a pair of BW bookshelf...
  15. BDylanThomas

Youtube, the 8 Track of streaming

Don't know if this reply will get modded or not. I spend lots of time on YT and have more than 4000 songs spread across about 50 different playlists. First, you can use an ad blocker to filter out those things. There are several well-known ones. Free to download depending on which browser you...
  16. BDylanThomas

Been in that situation with someone close and dear to me. Tried all sorts of things, adhering to the Al Anon playbook, ignoring the playbook, financial bribes, and had to go driving out in hopes of finding this person on the street. Would sit in front of the telephone and computer just waiting...
  17. BDylanThomas

A major study was released earlier today that concluded: An updated systematic review published by the Cochrane Collaboration found that A.A. leads to increased rates and lengths of abstinence compared with other common treatments. On other measures, like drinks per day, it performs as well as...
  18. BDylanThomas

Mission 731 vs Boston Acoustic CR8 vs Miller Kreisel S3B ???

CR8s are supposed to be great, and I have been waiting for a decent opportunity to buy some. A local seller has a pair for $100 but that is too much, and he would not trade for some B&Ws I have. Someone on another forum who used to work in a senior capacity at BA said the 8s were his favorite of...
  19. BDylanThomas

B&W dm 220i

Well I have a pair of 330i in good shape, although not as good as those appear to be. Don't know if the 220i is slightly lower or slightly higher in quality than the 330i. Bought mine about three years ago for $20 but it was an extraordinary set of circumstances and certainly not anywhere close...
  20. BDylanThomas

Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble Help

Another who used, in fact using currently, a powered sub with the sats. No issues at all, although the wiring is somewhat convoluted: CPU to powered sub, to speaker selector box, with sats as the fronts and a pair of Onkyo DN-5TX as sides/rears. Very satisfied with the setup.
  21. BDylanThomas

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Okay I will investigate those further. Probably will end up passing. Thanks for the quick reply. That package according to the owner was just sold. So no need to respond. Thanks.
  22. BDylanThomas

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Folks on the D&S thread do not seem to know so thought I would ask here. Any idea what models the floorstanders and bookshelves are? Are they part of a HT system as the other pieces also are Wharfedale, except for the receiver? The owner claims they are in great shape but he is selling them for...
  23. BDylanThomas

Speaker stands that aren’t speaker stands

For my nearfield, computer speakers I am using black foam chunks that were used as packaging spacers for some heavy metal tables. Some of the chunks are glued together for more stability and others are loose, which allows for adjustments of new speakers to proper ear level height. Sorry for the...
  24. BDylanThomas

Weekend Goodies - Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble

About a year ago I bought a pair of the CSW original ensembles for $20. The cabs were in mediocre condition, and I tried touching them up with my normal black crayons, sharpies, and furniture touch up sticks. After many attempts, they looked awful. So covered up the metal screens and spray...
  25. BDylanThomas

Today's Singer-Songwriter/Folk/Folk Rock Playlist

Will share songs from two individuals that I have come across during the past month. Do not know much about the history or latest info about Joan Shelley. Rayna Gellert is an exceptionally talented, unknown artist. The first is from an album that is one of my favorites in years. Don't...
Back
Top Bottom