Search results

1. nspeer

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

Congrats, Ryan. Let us know your impressions once it's broken in.
  2. nspeer

I am currently running KEF Q100 speakers and a REL Strata III subwoofer in a smallish listening room (about 14'x11') and I'm thinking of trying some different speakers. I'm after a wide, realistic, holographic soundstage. I've read about these qualities with the GoldenEar Aon 2 speakers and they...
  3. nspeer

HiFi Jeff, I recommend the Gold Lion KT77. Really nice bass and not overly bright. I run a REL Strata III sub.
  4. nspeer

Mike, I moved up to my 301 after first trying one of the Amazon tubies first. Actually, the first one was sent back because of a 60hz hum that was intolerable, only to be replaced by one with the same problem. So, I moved up to the 301 and it has been dead quiet. Unfortunately, after about 170...
  5. nspeer

Thanks for the suggestion, but both tubes are fully seated. I even tried switching back to the Tung Sol 7581A's, but the left channel dropped out after only 15 minutes playing this morning.
  6. nspeer

My amp only has 170 hours total playing time on it but lately I've been experiencing random, intermittent left channel dropouts. I've tried switching the 6SJ7 preamps from the Right side to the Left with no improvement and I've done the same with the matched set of Gold Lion KT77's (only have...
  7. nspeer

Yep, it was a blown fuse. I put in the spare. I am confused about what to buy for more spares. Owner's manual says T1A 250v but I've seen threads explaining that Garry now recommends 2 amp fuses. I'm waiting to hear back from Garry on that point. I still have no idea how the fuse blew.
  8. nspeer

HELP! I just came home from work and tried to turn on my amp, but it is not coming on. It was working just fine last night. Blown fuse? I don't know how because it's been off all day and it's plugged into a surge protector. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. nspeer

I just installed some GL KT77's and while I've only listened for a couple of hours, I immediately noticed that I have much more output with them compared to the TS 7581A's I'd been running. I had posted here recently that my volume seemed to have dropped off. Well, problem solved. However, maybe...
  10. nspeer

Where did you get that information? I've been researching the topic and have read that Tidal's implementation of loudness normalization is very good.
  11. nspeer

I am just playing the same music I've always been playing. None are MQA titles and Tidal has a setting that equalizes volume on all songs played.
  12. nspeer

Hey all, I am really enjoying my MP-301. I installed RCA 6SJ7 preamps and I've been trying Tung Sol 7581A's. I have some Gold Lion KT77's on order. I do have one question. It seems to me, if it's not my imagination, that recently I have to turn the volume up more for the same sound level. I...
  13. nspeer

What are "Zu's"?
  14. nspeer

I'm thinking I'm going to try either Tung Sol EL34B or GL KT 77 next. I like the idea of lush mids as long as the low end stays tight but I also like clear, crisp highs, so I'm leaning more towards KT77 from what I've read.
  15. nspeer

Cool, Kray. I think I'll dip into the EL34 groove next by trying some GL KT77s. I'm just fishing around for a good price.
  16. nspeer

So, I'm up to over 44 hours of play time and thoroughly enjoying my amp with the 7581A tubes. I've been reading up on tubes, since I'm a tube newbie. Many folks say that the pre-amp tubes have a big effect on the overall sound. Since I have not read much about different pre-amp tubes and their...
  17. nspeer

Hey all, I just inserted the 7581As and fired up some Steely Dan. I know it's hard to A/B audio, especially when an entire day has passed between listening this morning to the stock Chinese tubes and right now listening to the 7581As. But, I can tell you that after only 10 minutes, the...
  18. nspeer

Well I've got my MP and I pretty much immediately put in NOS RCA 6SJ7. I'm still running the stock power tubes while awaiting some Tung Sol 7581A I ordered (thanks Kray). I've only got about 12 hours play time so far, but I've gotta say that I'm not blown away. It's just seems to be missing a...
  19. nspeer

7581a . Interesting. Here I was convinced that the Gold Lion KT66,77, or 88 were the ones to consider as my first roll, when ito of nowhere cover this contender. What makes them your preferred tube?
  20. nspeer

Right on schedule, I just received a notice from DHL. Delivery is Friday!
  21. nspeer

That's great to know, Kray. I ordered on 4/29, but I have not received any indication that it's been shipped. I guess I'll get an email....
  22. nspeer

So, I'm looking for RCA 6sj7 tubes on Ebay. What would be a good Hickok test score on a tube ? Any suggestions for a good source of reliable tubes besides Ebay?
  23. nspeer

Looks like the RCAs have black metal covers. Aw shucks, how am I going to enjoy watching that beautiful orange tube glue? Think the JAN Sylvania black plate 6SJ7WGT will do the trick as well?
  24. nspeer

Kray, mine is a refurb and does not day "2018 Edition"
  25. nspeer

Hi, this is my first post on AudioKarma. Today I ordered my MP-301 and I'm excited to get it (how long to the U.S from China?). A few weeks ago I bought my first tube amp through Amazon (Gemini Doctor is the seller), a Gemtune X-1. While I believe the sound is outstanding, once the honeymoon...
Back
Top Bottom