Search results

1. Brunt

RS II inquiry.

Yep Stereofanboy is right, I should've said driver not woofer, my bad. The lights I used were warm white LED Christmas lights because I had a few strings I wasn't going to use again sitting around but you could use damn near any LED source. Each string uses about 3 watts of power for 17 feet...
  2. Brunt

RS II inquiry.

Something silly that I did on my resto RSIIs is put one of those cheap LED christmas light strands in a warm yellow in the cab behind the clear woofers with a separate power supply. It's definitely a dumb gimmick but looked kinda cool with all of the lights dimmed in the room and the 5...
  3. Brunt

JBL Studio 530s on sale at JBL

I've needed a pair of bookshelves since I gifted my last pair of Infinitesimal 4s to family, so I said screw it and ordered a pair. I'll post back here with listening impressions once they arrive and I spend some time with them. Funnily enough this will be the only pair of "new" speakers I own...
  4. Brunt

Infinity Kappa 6 with “repaired” polydomes

There are a number of replacement drivers for the poly domes as well, some of which are highly rated. The one that comes to mind most recently is the two tone white and black paper(?) one from simply speakers. Seems to be well liked by forum goers here...
  5. Brunt

Kappa 9 bass port?

I ended up picking these up and it looks like no changes were made to the internals other than removing a lot of the polyfill which further reduced bass output, and swapping the polydomes out for a cloth dome alternative. The 'port' is quite literally a hole drilled in the cabinet likely with a...
  6. Brunt

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

April 30, 2018
  7. Brunt

ADS 1290 speakers, FREE in Temecula on CL

Nah I have much better speakers for critical listening and wanted the SF1s for party speakers, honestly really pleased with them. Much better than expected even just to sit and listen to. Their party trick really does work too! Honestly not much of a fan of the 1290s from what I've heard...
  8. Brunt

ADS 1290 speakers, FREE in Temecula on CL

I just bought a pair of DBX SF1s from that guy I think. He tried to sell me those too as a package deal when I was up there a few weeks ago and went really cheap since he was moving. I passed since I already have too many speakers, funny to see he just curbed them after he couldn't sell in...
  9. Brunt

Stumped by Rens

I don't recall there being a fuse anywhere inside of the Ren 90s and actually now that I think of it, I don't remember ever seeing a fuse in any of the Infinitys that I've worked on, which is a fair few at this point. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place but it doesn't ring a bell.
  10. Brunt

Anyone seen these before? - Infinity HCA Hybrid Class A Amps

In terms of non-speaker infinity products, FET preamps and the tonearm are all I've ever seen before. I've seen Klaus's page on these before but never seen any listings for them or anything. I'd love to hear what Nudell and his crew cooked up for amplification back in the '70s, and if the seller...
  11. Brunt

CD storage...Is there life after the jewel case?

Hey if you really wanna stick to CDs like I started to a couple of years ago, you can always get one of these Sony a million CD changers and just keep a spreadsheet of what is in which slot for organization. You can even daisy chain the things to have a total capacity of 400/player. Only...
  12. Brunt

kappa vs renaissance.

I might not have the best ears, but listening to Sigmas and Ren 90s both on a pair of Aragon Palladiums, the bass on the Sigmas is just as clean but digs down to the point of shaking my windows and the Rens just can't do that no matter how much you turn up the volume. Having said that I'd love...
  13. Brunt

Pair of Aragon Palladium monoblocks in Madison Wisconsin

First time I've seen these amps mentioned here in a while so I figured I'd toss my two cents in. I fell into a pair of Infinity IRS Sigmas while I still owned nothing better than an Adcom GFA-555. Not talking down on the Adcom, I still believe it is truly a fantastic amp for the money if you...
  14. Brunt

Driving RSII's...

Not sure what impedance the M504s can handle but I'm assuming low based on Seifreit's experience. If that's the case the RSIIs should be fine on one of those, especially considering that while they do go low, its not anything near what the K9s do. I used an Adcom GFA555 to power mine for a while...
  15. Brunt

IRS sigmas in Pennsylvania

No one that I've been able to find will rebuild them, so I've been keeping my eye out for spare bits on the bay and the like. Ended up buying a pair of the little brother of these, the Renaissance 80, just to have a spare pair of drivers for them. They sure are special speakers though, out of...
  16. Brunt

What's the street value on Infinity Renaissance 80s nowadays?

Oh I should also add that these are local south western US prices, generally San Diego, LA, and AZ primarily, not sure about the rest of the US.
  17. Brunt

What's the street value on Infinity Renaissance 80s nowadays?

Last yeah some time 2 listings for a single HE-EMIM diaphram (not even the full driver) sold for $500ish on ebay, so that says what it needs to about their value in parts, however for the full speakers it seems like their going rate on Craigslist/Offerup and other local sales platforms is about...
  18. Brunt

How much is too much for Thiel CS3s?

I wasn't ignoring the crazy used tweeter price, but had just resolved to get a pair of Morel MDT32S's at $84/tweeter, they are almost identical in terms of specs so I'd imagine they wouldn't change the sound much if at all. Now knowing that I can have these rebuilt changes things a bit though...
  19. Brunt

How much is too much for Thiel CS3s?

I wandered into an estate sale the neighborhood over yesterday in search of a new bedframe and stumbled upon a pair of original Thiel CS3s that I was able to get for a song. They aren't perfect and didn't come with the Thiel bass equilizer box. Not really sure why I bought them honestly as I...
  20. Brunt

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

Well he does have what appears to be a pair of ruined Infinity IRS Epsilons in the background with... early automotive infinity dome midranges in place of the HE L EMIM and then a pair of RS 6s maybe stacked on top with the same arrangement and flipped upside down? What an odd thing to do...
  21. Brunt

Whats the going price for Infinity RSIIIB Speakers?

I sold a pair of restored ones for 400 a year or two ago, though it took a while.
  22. Brunt

Infinity Renaissance series 90, value?

I've yet to see a pair go for under 1k if the seller knows what they have, clean ones sell in socal not uncommonly for 1250-1500 based on what I've seen with listings on CL and offerup. Even their little brothers the 80s go for 6-800 with an 8 inch woofer and no mid bass. You won't be let down...
  23. Brunt

Anyone recognise these?

They look similar to this pair of Coral speakers that have been for sale near me for aeons. (Live CL link deleted per AK rules) Obviously not the exact same but could be of a similar vintage or from the same line or something. I'm not familiar with Coral at all so I can't add anything else.
  24. Brunt

Kinda shocked-Ren 80's and Christmas music

I had the same realization a while back with my Rens. I'd moved the Sigmas out of my room while I did some reorganizing and put the little Rens that normally pull surround duty in their place and a couple of days later I came to the conclusion that I'd be totally satisfied with the Rens if I...
  25. Brunt

Infinity cs3009 Crescendo question

Not sure it matters to you, but if the brass shorting straps aren't on the speakers already, it's worth it to ask the current owner if they're around in a drawer or something. The solid metal ones these came with are much more convenient than making your own with some short wire. Other than...
Back
Top Bottom