Search results

1. B

Kenwood L-0CII restoration

@Kenwoodl07 Could you listen the diodes and zeners used by you for restoration Regards
  2. B

Elna silmic ii vs Nichicon UKL

hi @AnalogueBen In which position did you use the kaisei capacitor.
  3. B

Sansui AU-777A xmas break rebuild

I understand that the concept of signal path is not straight forward but I have attempted to draw the signal path (in red) and feedback loop (in blue). I dont know if this is good or not. I hope someone who can understand schematics please correct this or guide me in correcting it. Fingers...
  4. B

Sansui-AU7700 question(s) regarding repalcement of 2SA726 & 2SC1313 transistors

The restoration of my Sansui AU 7700 has been completed. The following components have been changed/upgraded:- Main filter caps - Mundorf Mlytic Ag Power supply and other electrolytes - Elna Silmic II Film caps - Wima upto 10uf Replaced ceramic caps with C0G Signal path transistors Power supply...
  5. B

Luxman 5C50 restoration

At this point, I dont want to risk blowing up anything. I will leave it to the professionals. 2sc1345 is a problematic one and needs to be replaced so I would need to change its complement transistor also. Thanks for your views on the power supply. regards
  6. B

Christmas greetings to all the members here @smurfer77 Dear Sir I am also in the process of restoring 777a and am making a list of parts to order. I have seen that you have also replaced the resistors in this amplifier. In another thread, you have stated that instead of blanket replacement...
  7. B

Luxman 5C50 restoration

Greetings good folks I have a Luxman 5C50 preamp in an unknown condition. The owner has said that he has not used it in the last 15 years. I have not switched it on yet for fear of blowing up something. Luckily it has the new DML2 units, the top open ones so I assume they should be functional...
  8. B

Luxman 5c50 2SC1345E replacement

Thanks John The 5c50 has the upgraded (top open) DMLs which should do fine. In the event there is a problem with these DMLs then I will look for the new ones. At this point I am looking for the transistor substitutes. Regards.
  9. B

Tagging @Hyperion and @avionic for bringing the thread to their notice and possibly get a response Regards
  10. B

Greetings good folks I hope OP doesn't mind my queries for the Luxman 5C50 I have managed to secure a Luxman 5C50 preamp in an unknown condition. The owner has said that he has not used it in the last 15 years. I have not switched it on yet for fear of blowing up something. Luckily it has the...
  11. B

Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade of a Sansui AU-777A

W Please share your replacements/substitute for these also. 2sd152 2sd154 2sd143 Regards
  12. B

A Your detailed answer is highly appreciated.
  13. B

Which power regulator transistors are these. Please share details
  14. B

Kef 105.1 limiting circuit

Hello everybody I have a pair of kef 105.1 that needs some attention. Caps have been ordered from Falcon Acoustics. I could not find any information regarding the limiting/protection circuit installed. It also has some caps on it. Please share any details of the limiting/protection circuit...
  15. B

Sansui relay subs

Update Sansui au a607xr has two G5R-2232C-SAD = '24VDC relay. The substitute is G2RG-2A4-DC24 as suggested by @Hyperion
  16. B

Sansui relay subs

Thanks @Hyperion Apologies for the small m in FMs i.e. Fellow Members. Since, I have little experience in such things, I will not be opening up the amp. I will probably take it to a tech one day. However, the tech lives 50 miles away and driving down to just know the relay model doesn't appeal...
  17. B

Sansui relay subs

Hello Fms I am looking for suggestions for relay replacement for sansui au alpha 607xr Regards
  18. B

AU 217II Restoration

Duplicate post
  19. B

AU 217II Restoration

Hello FMs Would someone be kind enough to share the BOM for sansui au 217 ii. I will save a lot of time. Regards
  20. B

Who owns Mordaunt Short Speakers??

Greetings FMs Looking for details on the crossover of Mordaunt Short MS30i. Does anyone has any idea regarding the values of the components in the crossover? Regards
  21. B

Dying turntables as tonearm donors

LOL I wish. I am from India and there are not many TT enthusiasts here and as such there is scarcity of good used TTs. At present I am looking for a good tonearm for my Lenco L75 rebuild (Sorry for not pointing out that earlier). Importing is problematic and economically unviable as I have to...
  22. B

Dying turntables as tonearm donors

A lot of vintage turntables are now dying and are being junked. Some vintage turntables may have great tonearms but their performance was limited due the design of the turntable and such factors. The point of this thread is to identify turntables that have nice tonearms that can be salvaged and...
  23. B

Thanks @Hyperion. Quite informative. One more clarification please. Would it be okay to replace electrolytes with polypropylene instead of polyester and vice versa or the replacement (polypropylene or polyster cap) is place dependent w.r.t amp circuits. Please share this aspect also
  24. B

I am still in the learning stage so apologies in advance if the question seems stupid. It is seen that while replacing the capacitors, you have changed the type of capacitor. Eg below 1. Polarized electrolytic replaced by polyester film types 2. Polyester film replaced by polypropylene Polarzed...
  25. B

Highly appreciated. I have taken a lot of notes from your thread.
Back
Top Bottom