Search results

1. AtticRat

Project/one - ever hear of them?

I have a Project/One DR-V TT. From my research it is a Hitachi PS-38 TT branded Project/One. Vinylengine has all the service manuals for it. You might find the model it was cloned from and check there.
  2. 20190915_210135[1]

20190915_210135[1]

RTR next to my HK 50's
  3. AtticRat

RTR Series IV Model "C" or Model IV C

I got a chance to connect the RTR Series IV Model "C" speakers that sat in my brothers storage unit for the last 20 years in Albuquerque to my HK system...WOW! Rocking some Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on vinyl... What am I going to do with my HK 50s? Oh, does anyone have any info on my HK 50's?
  4. AtticRat

Garrard 301/401 owners club!

Thanks for the info on the rotating armboard! I am going to make a plinth for my $3 301 out of centuries old lumber from the depths of Lake Superior! I love the rotating armboard, I will incorporate into my new plinth. I think this project will be my winter basement project this year, you all...
  5. AtticRat

Glad you got a 301 back on your system...I am still in search of a tone arm I can afford for my $3 301.
  6. AtticRat

Harman Kardon Fifty's

Back in '93 I was given a chance to purchase a bunch of HK speakers. Some studio speakers and a pair of HK Fiftys...the studio speakers were traded off, sadly, but I have had these Fiftys standing proudly as my work horses for ever, and kicking ass! I mostly listen to classic rock, and mellow...
  7. AtticRat

Garrard TPA 10 Tonearm

Hey reubensm, did you ever get your TPA 10 working with your 301? I just received a NOS TPA 10 with all the paperwork. I was hoping to replace the original TPA 12, which is having problems adjusting the stylus pressure. Being NOS still in box, it came with the original owners manual, but it...
  8. AtticRat

Thanks! My 301 is turning at optimal speeds! Hope to have a tonearm and stylus to spin an album soon.
  9. AtticRat

I did a full rebuild of the tonearm...yes there is screw that works off a coil spring, it is not doing it's job...the manual is there, but not helpful. Thanks, eh?
  10. AtticRat

The tonearm is a TPA 12, must be entry level US table. There is no ability to set the weight of the cartridge/stylus. In truth, I need a better quality tonearm, unless all I play are my ancient 78's that came with my Columbia Grafonola.. What I have is a Garrard head with a VR-1000 stylus...
  11. AtticRat

The restoration of the "for free to anyone who can fix it" 301 is near completion. The wires for the tonearm were brittle and needed to be replaced, done. Unfortunately, the stylus is collapsed and I cannot spin an album without damaging it! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement stylus...
  12. AtticRat

Live, Love, Listen.

Live, Love, Listen.
  13. AtticRat

Thanks Dandy, Table is scrubbed and polished, ready to start on the plinth. Thanks Redboy, do you know any place in the states that has spring kits for the 301? I'm up in Ashland, WI, and the only electronics store is a Radio Shack...not much tt parts available.
  14. AtticRat

Garrard 301 virgin here. My first tt was a stack-able record Garrard given to me by my brother when I was 14, 43 years ago. I had completely forgotten about it until recently when I got back into listening to my record collection, after a 15 year hiatus. Last weekend I was out searching for...
  15. AtticRat

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

I suspected as much, so I gave it a good rinse in alcohol and distilled H2O. I intend to apply Re-Grip when it comes. We use ProLink ProGold lubricant at my bike shop for cleaning and lubing, and in small amounts it is friendly to rubber. We us a syringe to apply it and it doesn't adversely...
  16. AtticRat

I have a new 239-D7C coming as well as Rawn Re-Grip. Meanwhile, after magnified inspection, I detected a pile of crap built up at the top of the stylus. Blew it out with deoxit and let it sit for a few days. Before: After: Sound quality is good. When the new 239-D7C gets here I will have...
  17. AtticRat

Thanks, where do you find information like this?
  18. AtticRat

I was just reading up on your link, took me a little to catch that, my bad. thanks.
  19. AtticRat

I have the pressure set at 1.5 g. so it is probably collapsed. I had to set the pressure way down when I first set up the turntable, so possible that the previous owner had it set way too high for way too long. I will read farther back in this thread, Thanks much!
  20. AtticRat

I think this pic is clear enough.
  21. AtticRat

I just picked up a Technics SL-B3 at a garage sale and it has an Empire 2000x cart with the original 239-DEX stylist. The damn tonearm sits too low and the cartridge scrapes on the record! I thought it was the weight of the cart (very heavy!) No adjustment on the Technics tonearm, but my...
  22. AtticRat

“Yield to temptation...it may not pass your way again!” ― Robert A. Heinlein

“Yield to temptation...it may not pass your way again!” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Back
Top Bottom