Search results

1. Illbehave

VIntage 5.0 is a stand up guy

I bought a preamp from Ken and he was very understanding and helpful taking care of a small problem. He's a real asset to AK!
  2. Illbehave

Illbehave certainly isn't misbehaving!!

Thanks for making the trip Bob. Nice meeting you and your wife.
  3. Illbehave

K-horn dating

Thanks. Waiting for a call back from the seller...
  4. Illbehave

K-horn dating

Funny!
  5. Illbehave

K-horn dating

A guy just emailed me to ask if I wanted to buy a pair of GIANT speakers. I think they are Klipsch K-horns. Any of you who are smarter than me (and that'd be most everyone) know anything about their manufacturer date and what I should offer him. And then, if I buy them, maybe I'll come back...
  6. Illbehave

Nothing new under the sun...

It costs $6500!
  7. Illbehave

Nothing new under the sun...

I don't think the McIntosh MTI100 is anything new. The KLH model 20 was arounf 40 years ago, and it enabled you to stack records!
  8. Illbehave

Rare Altec Cabinet Plans

I was looking through a file cabinet with TONS of audio equipment owner's manual and I came across a file labeled ALTEC CABINET PLANS. 4 separate sheets. No idea where I got them. A quick look online and I didn't find the same plans anywhere, so I thought I'd post them here. If anyone wants a...
  9. Illbehave

Vintage McIntosh Motherlode in Connecticut

Walt was stricken by the Big C.
  10. Illbehave

WAlt's dad is still alive. I assume he'll get the dough...
  11. Illbehave

Audio Classics has already registered to bid, according to the auctioneer.
  12. Illbehave

Well, nothing says you have to bid. Leave it for us local guys.
  13. Illbehave

He died. Thus the auction.
  14. Illbehave

So here's the deal... I went to the auction house and previewed all the equipment. Vast doesn't describe this collection it. Obsessive might not cover it either. How about fetishistic? The auctioneer doesn't know anything about vintage audio gear, but he's a heck of a nick guy. He hired someone...
  15. Illbehave

Cartridge identification help, please

Can any of you knowledgeable folks help me identify this blackcartridge with a missing stylus? It kinda looks like a Denon 103, but the base is wrong. No brand name markings whatsoever. I have LOTS of old cartridges that I've accumulated over the years. Wasn't someone looking for cartridges to...
  16. Illbehave

DYNA III speakers???

Dyna is a speaker company in Pretoria, South Africa, apparently.
  17. Illbehave

DYNA III speakers???

A friend who works for a tag sale company alerts me when a sale has audio equipment. He just sent me a single pix of a pair of Dyna III speakers. Google is drawing a blank . Anyone know anything about these? Tahnks in advance
  18. Illbehave

Audio-Tech Model ME-12. Anyone know anything about?

My local dump has been a treasure trove of cool speakers. I've gotten a pair of Altec horns, Altec 15-inch drivers and one time, I found a mint Tannoy LSU/HF/15L with its crossover. No kidding. Anyway, when I was there yesterday there was a pair of heavy box speakers that looked to be late 70s...
  19. Illbehave

Anyone Let Fedex Pack & Ship Gear?

I just bought a heavy Threshold S/500 amp. I told the seller that I would send him some packing guidelines that were written by a guy named kolliedog that I found online. They were good instructions, very concise. The seller said nevermind because he was going to take the 80-pound amp to the...
Back
Top Bottom