Search results

1. K

Heathkit ASX-1383 - Time Aligned speakers!

I'm still baffled on how I'm going to replace this grill cloth. Do you think it was just stretched over? Where do I even get fabric that can stretch like that?
  2. K

I did not. Thought about it, but after testing it appears to be in spec.
  3. K

Is that original or replaced? If replaced, did you buy special cloth?
  4. K

I'd like to replace the tattered speaker grille cloth on my "barn find" ASX-1383's. I'm not sure how to replace the cloth without seams. Any idea how it was done originally, or more importantly, how to replicate it? This is what it's supposed to look like, for reference (picture credit...
  5. K

Tweeter is indeed Audax and Mid is peerless. As far as I've been able to find, the woof is Carbonneau. I have one original from my dad's set, and it's stamped 401-199 (which is a Heath kit part #), same as the ones pictured. Having grown up with these speakers gracing the living room, I would...
  6. K

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Finally scored a pioneer pl-530. Been waiting years for one. Picked it up for $225, which I consider to be fair for a local specimen. it's a bit dirty, but it has the dust cover and a stanton cart. Tested working. Very thankful to the seller for selling to me.
  7. K

Heathkit ASX-1383 - First Restore Questions

Hello all, sorry if this is in the wrong section. When I was a kid my dad had a pair of Heathkit ASX-1383. Amazing speakers. Been on the hunt to find them. A few weeks ago I finally found a pair, in rough shape. The woofers are not original and are crappy. The mids work but the surrounds need...
  8. K

Heathkit asx-1383 speakers - Very rare and cool !!!

Sorry for the necro, but I've been looking for a pair of these for years. Even had a couple posts about looking for them. My dad had a set and I was and very fond of them. I found a pair two weeks ago but they are in pretty rough shape. The tweeters are shot and the woofers are 50w radio shack...
  9. K

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yesterday I bought some HPM-100's off of Facebook Marketplace. $50. The mids and right tweeters have been replaced with Realistic parts, but the speakers still sound really good to my ears and for $50 I couldn't pass it up.
  10. K

Marantz, Sansui, Pioneer, Onkyo in Ohio

It was a marantz 2275, a Sansui 890, a pioneer that i can't remember the model of, plus a 90's onkyo. Sitting on top of AR3A that the seller said would list next week. It would have been 3 hour drive each way and now I'm kinda thinking I should have done it. Oh well.
  11. K

My guess is whoever got there first got the speakers too.
  12. K

Pending. That didn't take long.
  13. K

I agree. Wish I was closer. That Marantz looks dirty but in good shape.
  14. K

Found this on Facebook Marketplace, posted 22 minutes ago, so it should still be up. Has speakers too. Post from Westerville Ohio, just outside Columbus. Too far away for me to go get, no affiliation. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2685714745041816/
  15. K

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Does he still need funds to help pay bills? And if so, how would we contribute
  16. K

Soundbars good or bad for audio world ?

My home is 1600 sq ft. I have a 4 week old baby. I bought a Sonos soundbar and it way better than tv audio. Wife wouldn't let me get a 5.1 setup and hates subwoofers with a passion (not sure, may be a wife thing?). I use a Sonos connect to send music from Spotify (and my extensive digital...
  17. K

Newer member from Indiana

Isn't there a time change? That would be tough.
  18. K

Car Travel with Belt Drive Turntables

Here it is. Bought it on one picture, recognized that it was a 125 mk2. Still need to give it a nice clean, but I thought I'd spin a couple records first. Also, the audio gods were very kind to me over the past two weeks. This was one of three scores, and wasn't even the best one...
  19. K

Today is the day, thanks all for the great advice. Hopefully the new to me Thorens makes it home unscathed. I'll post pics either way.
  20. K

Hi, On Saturday I am going to go pick up a vintage belt drive Thorens turntable. It is about an hour drive, and I don't want it to be damaged during the trip. I am aware that I need to take the platter off, but what other steps can and should I take to ensure that this table makes it back to my...
  21. K

Newer member from Indiana

Welcome fellow Hoosier.
  22. K

Looking for receiver suggestions, 50wpc, under $300, 70's styling

Take a look at MCS 3253; that's a great receiver for the money and has that "classic" 70's look.
  23. K

Vandersteen 2ce, Hafler 220, Records (Fort Wayne, IN)

Estate sale in Fort Wayne, IN. No affiliation. Hasn't started yet, starts today at 4. I work today or I'd at least be asking about prices. Vandersteens look good; record jackets seem to be in good shape. The guy had a ton of musical instruments that all look well cared for. Good luck...
  24. K

The qr6500 is 37 wpc x4 8ohm. If I run in stereo, will it be 74wpc 8ohm?
  25. K

I would have bought at $100 and considered it a score, to be fair. I'm still learning about everything it can do, but it seems very advanced for the early 1970's. TOTL quad in its time.
Back
Top Bottom