Search results

1. JClarkStereo

Class D, IcePower, etc- who's running what, and why?

Dealer in full discloser. Enjoying the ELAC Alchemy DPA-2.. Hypex modules inside. Dynamic, detailed and actually sweet. I can't speak for ICE because we haven't had them in house, but the Alchemy are refined and a joy to listen to. Generally, I stay out of forums do to being a dealer and...
  2. JClarkStereo

New Bob Carver Crimson 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier-Taking orders.$2495 Shipped. Made in USA.

Good question. The gentleman in the letter is from Switzerland. I have a Crimson 275 that was traded up for a pair of Crimson 350 mono blocks. Mike Shaw received 100% of the retail price for the he paid for the 275 toward the 350s. This creates a preowned 275 unit at a discount. This amp still...
  3. JClarkStereo

New Bob Carver Crimson 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier-Taking orders.$2495 Shipped. Made in USA.

Since the release of the Crimson 275, I have been selling it with a satisfaction guarantee. Full refund with no restocking fee. Return it for any reason or no reason at all. Refund the same day it returns. I have sold a lot of Crimson 275s since this thread began. They have been used in a huge...
  4. JClarkStereo

The amplifier has the ability to repair defective output tubes. It's one of the reasons why we can afford such a long warranty. With conventional designs, a blown output tube can take out collateral circuitry. With our design, we are able to fuse the output tubes without any sonic degradation...
  5. JClarkStereo

The weight is very surprising. When you listen to it, it is even more amazing.. I'm use to 350 watt mono blocks and found the 275 to have plenty even while driving fairly inefficient speaker. No loss in sound quality. I still shake my head with disbelief.. I'm use to 100 lbs of amps. This 20 lb...
  6. JClarkStereo

Crimson 275 Advantages Rated at 75 W per channel, it typically does about 90 W and can hit 140 W for short periods—cleanly. It's using a new style output transformer, with special steel and windings, to allow for this amount of power and excellent sound in a smaller, lighter package...
  7. JClarkStereo

Hi Helom, I'll attach some information about the 275. It is hand made in Snohomish Washington. It does use a circuit board and is not fully point to point. It is not an integrated so it has RCA inputs for left and right channels. Some of the early literature mentioned XLR, but that did not make...
  8. JClarkStereo

Jimclarkstereo.com . Demonstration available North of Rockford, IL.. (815) 323 0898. Bob Carver sound for just $2,495! Seventy five watts per channel at a price that will drive the competition into feedback mode. Bob and his staff are working hard to birth this new product. We didn’t achieve...
  9. JClarkStereo

My head on the chopping block. My experience with cables.

Post above was meant to be reply.
  10. JClarkStereo

Hello, I have not heard any pure silver wires in my system, so can't make a useful comment. I have heard the stereotypical "silver is bright or harsh" opinions. I suspect most of the expert opinions, are just people passing along uninformed opinions of others with possibly no personal...
  11. JClarkStereo

Bob Latino Dynaco ST 70 amp build

Nice work. I have a vintage ST70 that was rough and pitted badly. Cleaned up the chassis and painted a copper color similar to your trannies. Nice vintage color. Its just a stock type board from Dynakitparts with adaptors for the 7199s. Like to hear one like yours. This one looked like it was in...
  12. JClarkStereo

Bob Latino Dynaco ST 70 amp build

You might want to try swapping the power tubes between the 2 channels. See if the bias issue moves to the other channel. Seen a similar situation that was related to the inconsistency in new Russian Tung sol tubes. Its an easy 1st step for process of elimination. The copper color of the...
  13. JClarkStereo

This is great advise IMHO.. Try them before spending your money. The loaners from the Hi Fi shop is a wise move. Listening for yourself in your system is the only way to know. The internet is full of every opinion imaginable. Just a couple observations on the worms.. Cable construction can...
  14. JClarkStereo

Show me your CABLES!! Please...

Been experimenting with electropolishing copper to a perfectly CuO free surface condition with a mirror finish, using a high capacity DC voltage supply, and a mix of electrolytes.. The conductor is sealed in a jacket containing pure argon as a dielectric and to prevent the return of CuO from...
  15. JClarkStereo

Do some audiophiles really prefer flat frequency response?

You may want to try changing speaker locations and distances to nearby walls. Room treatments can also be extremely effective at balancing the sound of a room. EQs/tone controls come with compromises that more than offset there benefit imho.. Shorter signal paths generally perform better. Not...
  16. JClarkStereo

Show me your CABLES!! Please...

Music Conductor power cords and Music Conductor argon gas dielectric speaker cables.
  17. JClarkStereo

Bought some new speaker cables tonight.

Imho you will likely hear a difference between stranded and solid conductors. Its somewhat system dependent and personal if the difference is perceived as an improvement or not. In my system the solid conductors work best. Seem to have a bit longer decay time on symbols and higher frequency...
  18. JClarkStereo

Hello - New Member, New advertiser. Jim Clark Stereo

Thank you for the warm welcome and the helpful tips getting started. I appreciate it very much.
  19. JClarkStereo

Hi jcamero. Thank You. Hmmm, over the boarder to the right. Milwaukee, Lake Geneva ?
  20. JClarkStereo

Thank you bandg69.. We are both west of Chicago. Did you attend Axpona in April? Maybe we have met? Jim
  21. JClarkStereo

Thank you Gary! Got it.. Jim
  22. JClarkStereo

http://jimclarkstereo.com/

http://jimclarkstereo.com/
  23. JClarkStereo

I'm Jim. I have been into audio since the mid 1980s. The audio hobby has brought me a great amount of enjoyment over the years. Some hobbies get old over time, but audio never has. New music is a new experience and it never gets old. This hobby always seems fresh and fun to me. Long winters in...
Back
Top Bottom