Search results

1. Workingslug

What was the last movie you watched?

Obama's America 2016 IMO - it gives a unique insight into the direction he may be taking us.
  2. Workingslug

What TT's do you folks have

Bang & Olufsen 8000 Denon DP-67L Linn Sondek 12 Nottingham Space 294 w/Heavy Kit - 1st photograph Sound Engineering SE-1 - 2nd photograph Bang and Olufsen Beogram RX2 Simply Physics Darkstar Signature - 3rd photograph (In process of restoring this one) Long live vinyl
  3. Workingslug

Help! Revox or Teac R2R?

Revox gets my vote. When I compare the sound quality to the Teac, Akai, Technics, Tandberg, Fostex - IMO, the Revox is the better performer. I do agree that a Revox is extremely plain and boring as far as the looks department but I will take build and sound quality over looks. Not meaning to...
  4. Workingslug

Post a picture of your turntable

Yes, you are correct, it is from Simply Physics.
  5. Workingslug

Post a picture of your turntable

This one is the most unusual one that I have and hopefully I will have it up and running in the next few months.
  6. Workingslug

Who still listens to The radio?

KAZZ 89.7 Alvin Community College, Alvin, Texas. Extremely few commercials. Real nice for the one (1) hour drive to/from the workplace. In addition, they are not stuck on the same twenty (20) songs.
  7. Workingslug

Most Powerful Songs Written?

"Standing in the Falling Rain" - Johnny Van Zant "Getting Old" - The James Gang "Fall of the Peacemakers" and "Dead and Gone" - Molly Hatchet "Keep Talking" - Pink Floyd "All Along the Watchtower" - Jimi Hendrix "Lonesome Loser" - Little River Band "Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
  8. Workingslug

Anyone else listen to albums ?

My system is strictly analog, no digital source of any kind. In addition, there are quite a number of our members (Houston Audio Society) that listen to vinyl on a regular basis. Our October meeting will be soley on vinyl. IMO, I think you will find those that really appreciate music, will...
  9. Workingslug

What TT's do you folks have

I added another one right before the weekend. One of the members in our audio club telephoned me and stated that if I did not take it, off to the garbage would be its final destination. I could not let that happen. I do not know the history of this one and it will be a challenge as it has...
  10. Workingslug

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

After trying quite a number of mainstream speakers to run with my tube amplifiers I contacted Jim Salk of Salk Signature Sound and had him build a pair of speakers to match my tube amplifiers. What I have learned from this experience is that manufacturers such as Jim pay attention to what you...
  11. Workingslug

How are rising fuel prices affecting you?

I take my motorcycle to work on any day that I can. I know the prices are high when it takes the majority of a $20.00 bill to fill the tank. We are just like everyone else as the gas bill eats into the budget of other items. The Kroger grocery store has a credit card where when you purchase...
  12. Workingslug

Where did you get your Avatar?

Mine is an old set of Hammond mono-blocks which utilize the 807 tubes.
  13. Workingslug

Top three vintage power amps, submit your votes

Luxman M-7 (just something about a real wood cover w/a piano finish) Carver Silver Nine t's (much better bass control than the Seven t's) Older Jeff Rowland's (Model 7's or Model 9's)
  14. Workingslug

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I purchased a pair of Jim Salk's HE Pharos and can never see letting them go. The workmanship and their ability to disappear and just let the music come through is absolutely stunning. Jim is an excellent person to work with and IMO he manufactures some of the best speakers in the...
  15. Workingslug

2 songs you think are just beautiful...

Turn the Page - Bob Seger The Lucky One - Alison Krauss
  16. Workingslug

How's the Weather?

Snow, 17 degrees, been an extremely long time to feel those conditions. From Houston, Texas, 74 degrees and 100% humidity.
  17. Workingslug

Any Steppenwolf fans here?

Monster still a favorite. Also the one titled "The Second" with Faster Than The Speed of Light, Tighten Up Ypur Wig, Don't Step On The Grass Sam. Off of the one titled "Steppenwolf" side "B" had "The Pusher". Still are really good songs.
  18. Workingslug

How's the Weather?

Rain and more rain. When there is no rain, then there are the mosquitoes and they are very plentiful. Fortunately with the rain we will only be in the 80's.
  19. Workingslug

Help Audiokarma celebrate 5 years and learn how to win 500.00 worth of prizes !

Wow - 5 years, way to go! John Z.
  20. Workingslug

Yamaha vs Carver. Opinions?

IMO, they are both excellent manufacturers. I would be hard pressed to give up any of my Carver or Yamaha gear. As to a choice between the two, I would probably lean toward the Carver only because they also offered the tube gear such as the C-19 pre-amp and the really nice 7t mono block...
  21. Workingslug

Is Ricky Williams the Dumbest Person on the Planet??

What a waste. Not only that, but to let your team down like that. Like winning the lottery and then seeing how fast you can flush all the money down the toilet. His ability is a gift that he is just throwing away. I always tell myself that if I had that chance, I would not screw it up.
  22. Workingslug

Who Wants 252 Cassette Decks?

Even if he is utilizing the listing to show off his collection, I for one, am glad he did it. I remember seeing quite a number of those machines brand new on the shelves and wishing that I could purchase each and every one of them. Brought back some really good memories and more power to...
  23. Workingslug

In reading his feedback, he gave a 25% refund to one buyer that was not completely satisfied with the purchase. You will not see that very often!
  24. Workingslug

Well, you guys are probably right that he is running the auctions to attract attention to his collection, but that does not take away from the fact that he does have an awfully nice collection. Keeping the greater number of those in proper working order and in nice condition takes a great deal...
  25. Workingslug

Judge Judy confronting an ebay scammer!

Thanks for posting this one. Judge Judy - she is the best, so good to see her slam this lady. :banana:
Back
Top Bottom