Search results

1. S

Setting up my new Yamaha RX-A770 (Ohms)

Got everything hooked up and working great. One weird issue... I have a new Samsung 4K Blu-ray player plugged into my Yamaha with HDMI. The Yamaha is connected to my Samsung (Curve) 4K TV, via HDMI. I popped in a 4K video and got this message on the screen. Any ideas other than the Blu-ray...
  2. S

I'm a little confused about this Screen: On Screen > Scene > TV or Movie Viewing > Load > Detail. I used the YPAO MIC to set up my speakers, and when I went in here "Surround" was NOT checked. Should this be checked or not? TIA
  3. S

Thanks. I did see that, but unless I'm missing something there, they left out an important step... and as a result, page 21 did nothing for me. This video shows that the power needs to be OFF before pushing the buttons. Kind of important. Going to play with it some more after I get this first...
  4. S

Still haven't found the 8 Ohms setting.
  5. S

Dolby Atmos. Can someone please explain?

Oops... You are correct. It's been a few years. B&W
  6. S

Thanks for all the input. I watched some DJ guy on YouTube that did an unboxing of my Yamaha. Sounds like he has the same vaulted/slanted ceiling and he was really happy with the results of his Atmos speakers pointing at it. I think I might start with just adding a pair of Klipsch RP‑140SA on...
  7. S

First to KevinJS... The unit does support Dolby Atmos. So frustrating when people comment without any REAL knowledge... but it happens on most forums. So... For those of you who have Dolby Atmos capable units, and Dolby Atmos "height" speakers... can you notice any considerable improvement in...
  8. S

Getting ready to set up my Home Theater based around my New Yamaha RX-A770, which is Dolby Atmos capable. I'm running your basic 5.1 currently with Definitive Technology bi-polar towers in the front, DT center channel and basic 8 ohm surround speakers in the rear. Also running a nice SUB. My...
  9. S

Just joined this forum and just purchased my new Yamaha RX-A770 AVR. I've been reading through some of the posts and got stuck on the one for setting up the ohm settings for the speakers. My fronts are Definitive Technology BP-10s. The specs say Nominal Impedence of 6 ohms. My center is...
Back
Top Bottom