Search results

1. TaddNOhio

Vintage Jensen speakers .. do you know what these are?

curious if anyone knows anything about these vintage Jensen speakers? here is what i know about them ... made for and sold by Jimmy Rea Electronics in Columbus, Ohio 12" jensen woofer 8" jensen midrange 6"x2" jensen horn tweeter other than that there is no model number on them that i see ...
  2. TaddNOhio

ELAC B6.2 speakers Black Friday 50% off

on sale now for $149 (Reg $299) .. check them out on Crutchfield, Best Buy or B&Hphoto (links below) just thought i'd post here in case anyone was thinking about buying them and wants to get a great deal
  3. TaddNOhio

Newly refurbished EPI 100's, they sound AMAZING!

I bought these EPI 100's from the original owner who purchased them brand new in 1981. Today i decided to do a little upgrading to them ... I replaced the original crossovers with the ones built by Huw Powell from Human Speakers and i also replaced the original 8" woofers with the Human...
  4. TaddNOhio

My new 2245 FULLY RESTORED by former member Bob

Ok so this year was my 50th birthday and since i had been having an itch to get back into vintage audio i decided i wanted to buy a nice Marantz 2245 as a birthday gift to myself. I remember being first intrigued by the Marantz as a child when my father had a 2245 with a turntable and some big...
  5. TaddNOhio

Thanks bandg69, *****5-star seller

Wanted to share a great experience i had with @bandg69 , i was looking for a nice copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall on vinyl and was able to purchase one resonably He contacted me soon after shipping to inform me he may have made a mistake as he was looking at his The Wall lp and noticed he had an...
  6. TaddNOhio

Thanks Yurka77 *****5-Stars RECOMMENDED seller

Great transaction with @yurka77 , I purchased a Spin Clean and it arrived well packaged and in like brand new condition. He also went out of his way providing tips on how to best clean records using the Spin Clean Thanks!
  7. TaddNOhio

Thank-you so much bravo30 .. what a pleasure!

So i just recently got the bug to journey back into the world of vintage audio, i had sold all my audio stuff back in the early 90's but kept my vinyl collection and cassette collection. I posted a "WTB" ad looking for a nice turntable and to my surprise received a nice reply from @bravo30 who...
  8. TaddNOhio

Suggest me a turntable to look for

I live in the Columbus, Ohio area and have been working to put together a vintage audio system. I am having a really hard time deciding on a turntable. I have looked in the local Columbus Craigslist and searched on ebay .. there are so many on there it just confuses me. What would you recommend...
  9. TaddNOhio

Infinity RS 4000 .. what is the knob on back?

I purchased a pair of Infinity RS 4000 speakers recently at a local thrift store for $5.99 for the pair. The cabinets looked new, i had to replace all 4 surrounds as they were rotted and falling apart. Questions ... never seen tweeters like these before, they are the EMIT K ribbon tweeters...
  10. TaddNOhio

European voltage CD player i bought not thinking, what can i do?

Newbie here and been saving my money and little by little buying components to put together a sound system. I bought this off ebay not even thinking about it coming from overseas, it arrived today and i was in total depression when i opened package and seen the power plug. Am i just out my...
  11. TaddNOhio

Just the start of my system ... 2245

You have to start somewhere ... i just received this beautiful Marantz 2245 refurbished by Shain. All i can do for now is admire it's looks while i am waiting for a really nice pair of EPI 100V's to arrive ... shorty after that i want to add a nice turntable and a cd player as well
  12. TaddNOhio

Help Me choose a turntable

Just recently aquired a Marantz 2245 receiver that has been refurbished with several new capacitors, phono board recapped, new lamps, completely cleaned and lubed Anyways ... i have a nice pair of vintage EPI speakers on the way and i am currently looking for a nice turntable to go with this...
  13. TaddNOhio

New member and excited ...

Hello everyone, just joined today and very excited to be a part of AK. I just recently got the itch to put together a vintage 2-channel system and it is slowly coming together. I was able to pick up a really nice newly refurbished Marantz 2245 and a very nice set of EPI 100's (still waiting to...
Back
Top Bottom