Search results

1. Allan Shook

JBL 4311 missing bolt and nut for 2213

Thanks for the tip! I found new 10-24 T-nuts that fit (the originals were 10-32), and I found stainless steel 10-24 hex socket bolts, so I replaced all 8. It nice having the hex bolts instead of the Phillips, because if I ever open them up again I don't have to apply any downward force to the...
  2. Allan Shook

JBL 4311's = system complete... for now.

So, I got the correct foam rings, and got the front decals from the print shop. I think they are as "done" as they are going to get with me. I actually made two sets of new front decals. Both printed on heavy vinyl card stock, but I made one "inverted" so I could tack it over the correct one...
  3. Allan Shook

So, here is a strange one... One of my 4311's is missing a t-nut and bolt! The 2213 woofer was being held on with only 3 of the 4 bolts. It must have been this way from the factory, I don't think these have ever been opened. I looked all through the cabinet to see if just slipped inside, but...
  4. Allan Shook

JBL 4311 missing bolt and nut for 2213

So, I'm re-capping a pair of JBL 4311's, and I'm taking out one of the 2213 woofers, and it's missing one of the bolts! It doesn't even have the spiked nut on the inside of the cabinet. I thought it might have fallen somewhere on the inside, nowhere to be found. The picture is from the other...
  5. Allan Shook

So, I've taken out the old capacitors. The 8uF looked a little dark, like it has gotten hot, I don't know if capacitors get hot. I did not replace the L-Pads, there were just fine. I did not put the 0.01uF bypass capacitors in, mainly because I couldn't find a source that didn't cost more in...
  6. Allan Shook

Yes, I saw those ones too. However, I ordered the ones that were $6.99 US instead. They look like they are darker and a little thinner, and more dense foam. I was just trying to save a few bucks. When they come in, I'll have to make a decision to use them or not. If I order the LE25...
  7. Allan Shook

I have read this thread several times now. Gets better every time! OK, so I have a pair of almost pristine 4311's, they have been sitting dormant for decades. They were destined for the electronics recycling bin. The foam tweeter rings are gone, there is slight damage to the dust cap on one...
Back
Top Bottom