Search results

1. R

Any final advice from someone who owns one, before buying a Marantz SR5015

I spent some time adjusting with the spatial disk, Especially the sound levels of the ceiling speakers. After that it really started to sound great. The next trick was trying to find some good Atmos movies or shows to hear the results. Watched the new Dune on Blu-ray and a few others and my wife...
  2. R

I wound up buying 4 Polk OWM3 speakers and made my own ceiling mounts to attach to the side of the beams that run across the vaulted ceiling. I sort of tucked them behind the beams but down far enough to clear the bottom of the beams. I bought 4 ball type brackets that screwed into the Polk's so...
  3. R

Can I hook up a soundbar as a secondary device in another room as well as the TV in the main room on a Marantz SR6015

Thanks Charles 1973 I have not looked at the Bluetooth option, did not even think about that. I will see what I can do. The soundbar is just on the other side of a wall and probably not 10 feet away. I will check that out also. Thanks Ray
  4. R

Can I hook up a soundbar as a secondary device in another room as well as the TV in the main room on a Marantz SR6015

Thanks Orsen Right now I have the Sony TV connected to the avr using hdmi , When I tried to connect the tv Optical out to the AVR it did not work. On my TV it will only allow me to choose HDMI or Optical out for audio but not both. I will play around with it. How would you adjust the timing. Is...
  5. R

Not sure if I can do this or not. I have a Bose 300 Sound bar in another room. I want to be able to use it as a secondary playback device in another room. So sound goes from the tv to the marantz and comes out the main speakers , but also sends the audio to the Soundbar for playback in that...
  6. R

Placement advice for Atmos front Speakers

Thanks Earworks That is exactly where I wound up placing them. I just fired everything up yesterday, ran through the Audyssey setup, went back and tweaked the levels using a Sound pressure meter. followed a few more tweaks from some articles and watched a few shows last night to test it out. It...
  7. R

New SR6015 AVR setup question on 11.x setup with amplifiers for the Ceiling speakers

Thanks tcdriver Exactly the answers I was looking for . Perfect timing as I am hooking everything up today. Spent hours cleaning up old wires from the system I had from years ago. I am going from 5 speakers from the old system to 11 on the new with a new receiver so excited to see how it...
  8. R

New SR6015 AVR setup question on 11.x setup with amplifiers for the Ceiling speakers

My Receiver is still in the box and I am reading the manual to try and figure out what setup options I should pick after getting it hooked up. This is my proposed speaker setup using the speakers I currently have. Front right (FR) Front left (FL) Center (C) Surround right (SR) Surround left...
  9. R

Inexpensive amp to power ceiling atmos speakers?

I am going to keep that in mind, I went ahead and ordered the Fosi's because I am literally ready to hook it all up. Everything was ready until I discovered my mistake. I can get them tomorrow and keep rolling. I will start looking for a multi channel amp ( used) for future use. Thanks Ray
  10. R

Now what I am thinking is order two Fosi V3's and use those for the 4 Atmos Speakers, leaving the Marantz for the 7 channels.
  11. R

Thanks Everyone. I will check out the Fosi and the Niles. I appreciate the suggestions, Thanks Ray
  12. R

I originally thought I could, But then when reading more detail, It says the receiver can power 9 channels, but if you want 11 channels, ( The other 2 Atmos) you have to add an amp. The Height 1 and 2 are assignable. So I think it is one or the other.
  13. R

From what they are saying, If you want to use 4 Atmos speakers you need an additional amplifier to power on of the channels. With just 2 atmos you can power all 9 channels but for those other 2 you need an amp. I missed that when planning this all out.
  14. R

I need to buy an inexpensive amp ( $200 or less) to power the atmos ceiling speakers. My SR6015 apparently needs a power amp to use the 2 additional atmos speakers for the rear . Any suggestions on what to look for? There are a lot on Amazon for around that price but unsure on what is a good...
  15. R

Good advice from everyone. Now I just need to think it all over and make a decision. The speakers are still in the boxes and now just need to decide, 2 quick questions. I like the idea of mounting the backs on the wall and slightly off like twiii suggested. 1. What width SHOULD the front and...
  16. R

No other posts but here is another Idea I had. I have enough speakers to place 4 atmos positions. Here are two pictures of what I am thinking. The perspectives look a lot further than reality but here is my next thought. So front atmos options, Blue x or green positions. One is 8 feet to the...
  17. R

Thanks Twiii Good spotting the MC206, unfortunately the MX134 it is connected to is no longer working properly. Tried getting it fixed with no luck but decided to move on to a Marantz SR6015 with more modern features. Not a McIntosh but I am now retired and do not have the budget for another...
  18. R

So if I am understanding correctly. This is where you would suggest?
  19. R

Thanks gkimeng That is an interesting idea on placement. I might be able to do that. Everything I do is a compromise of where I want to put them and where my wife will accept. She would be fine with no speakers and if there are, she says she really does not want to see them Sigh! But she does...
  20. R

Thanks orsen It does seem with my placement they do turn into height speakers instead of true Atmos placement. I don't have the Atmos speakers yet, arriving next week. So i have time to think about it some more. Thanks Ray
  21. R

Thanks swechsler Thanks for the input. I do seem to have a lot of weird options none being ideal. The left side being the harder one to figure out. Thanks Ray
  22. R

Thanks twiiii I wound up buying the SR6015, I've not even taken it out of the box yet. Waiting for a couple of Klipsch Atmos speakers to come in. I do love McIntosh. The reason I was looking is I have a Mcintosh MX134 that went south on me. Needed to replace it with something newer. I am now...
  23. R

I finally bought a new AVR that supports Atmos. I have attached a picture of the room I have the current system in. Not sure what is best for Atmos front placement Vaulted ceilings would seem I should go with wall mount pointing down. I was looking at the Klipsch RP-500SA II. The front and back...
Back
Top Bottom