Search results

1. John737

To buy or not to buy

I have a chance to buy a Pioneer sx 636 for $50. Cosmetically looks close to perfect. All functions work, does have a bulb out and the tuner knob is stiff, is all original. My son really likes my 737 so I was going to pick this up for him. What do think?
  2. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

I gutted one of the cabinets today and cleaned it up. Using only glass cleaner and some elbow grease. Looks pretty damn good, considering what it looked like to start with. I picked the roughest one to start on. The midrange speaker is missing and the hole was used as a mouse nursery for some time.
  3. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

I think you all have convinced me to hold on to these. It looks like the needed parts are available. I think I will try to polish the cabinets before I put any money in them. I will take some before and after pic's and keep you updated. Thanks to everyone
  4. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

5. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

I'm thinking shipping cost would make them a hard sell
  6. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

They were dealer demo's for the customer to see how they are built. These same speakers sat in my dad's house from mid 80's till about 91. I have no idea where he got them. Then they were moved around from storage area to storage area till this morning. My brother has had control of them for...
  7. John737

Acrylic HPM 100's

Just picked these up. They are VERY rough. I don't know if they are really worth restoring. Any thoughts? And by the way, they were given to me.
  8. John737

Pioneer SX-737 won't power up

Well there must be a poor connection somewhere. Once I moved the unit everything began working again. I tried to make it shut back down my moving it around but it stays on. If it happens again I will have to study the wiring diagram and figure out where the open is.
  9. John737

Pioneer SX-737 won't power up

I recently purchased on eBay a Pioneer SX-737. Supposedly has been reconditioned. Looks good and worked great. Turned it on today and it's dead. The red stereo light comes on but no other lights come on and no noise from relays, no sound from speakers. I unplugged it and waited 10 minutes...
Back
Top Bottom