Search results

1. Savage06

BIC Venturi F4

GW 5 dollar find, figured worth a shot. I fully expected to replace the tweet and replace caps as they looked completely original. Took them home and was pleasantly surprised. As many have said, not audiophile quality by any means and no real midrange. Imaging sucks, but truly a great garage...
  2. Savage06

Help ID these hk speakers-- HK Model 2?

Thrift store find. Couldn't dig up any info on them while I was at the store, so I left them behind. I no sooner got out to the truck and decided I'd go back in and take a chance on them for 10 bucks. They seem to handle some power for their size. Pretty clear mids and highs, but bass is...
  3. Savage06

Nikko Guru?

Just picked up a Nikko NR-1219. I've been after one for awhile. She needs a little TLC but holds a lot of promise. I've searched the forums and see quite a few members mention the 1219 here and there, but I haven't noticed that anyone has any particular subject matter expertise for Nikko's...
  4. Savage06

Unique gem...

Recent addition to the stable. Optonica SA-5406. A little dusty inside, but damn near mint otherwise. Needs bulbs or solder checked. Lit up nicely on first power up, but aren't showing now. Fit and finish is exceptional. Every switch has a quality feel to it. Plenty of power, believed to...
  5. Savage06

Back to Basics

Anyone remember the old Jim Beam back to basics advertisements? Long-time AK lurker, finally enlisted. After playing with home theater, PC based systems, DACs, etc., I came across an advertisement for a little Sansui 210. I grew up on one of those before my room mate killed it in college. It...
Back
Top Bottom