Search results

1. U

Dissatisfied with digital audio

I'm leaning towards swapping out the Polks for ELAC B6.2s. There's a decent deal on a Yamaha R-S501 locally so checking that out later in the week.
  2. U

I didn't realize that all DACs also amplified the analog signal. With headphones, using the Mojo vs the DAC in my digital player was a huge difference but it that a function of the chipset or the amplifier in the Mojo?
  3. U

By stand alone DAC I mean a unit that is only a DAC vs DAC & preamp like the TubeMagic series. I tried a Chord Mojo in a local store a little while ago and the difference with headphones was remarkable. Assuming price is proportional to quality, the Mojo is a better DAC but does the extra...
  4. U

Is there any advantage to running a tube DAC vs a stand alone DAC running through a tube preamp or amplifier?
  5. U

That's definitely something I've looked at but haven't had the opportunity to test drive one. They're usually cheaper than a tube amp too!
  6. U

I'd have to measure to be sure but my office is roughly 12' x 7'-ish. One wall is shared with the adjacent office and the other is mostly windows. The end farthest from the door is also a window but, due to the architecture, it decreases down to the 4' window and an 18" support column. Where...
  7. U

I ran Pearl Jam “Ten” (192/24 FLAC) through my home system and it’s definitely better at home. My office is smaller than any listening space at home so I prolly need to rethink my speakers. In the end, when compared with the vinyl version, I preferred the analog more. I think it is partially...
  8. U

My digital source is about 60% CDs ripped to FLAC and about 40% 192kHz/24bit & 96kHz/24bit files. I'm looking to keep the upgrades to under $1K in the short term. The direct comparison will be the key...
  9. U

I left my only optical cable for the X3 at the office but am going to A/B tonight. I'm leaning towards the speakers or my ears... :)
  10. U

I run analog through a Project Debut>iPhono2>Yamaha R-S202>Tannoy Mercury 7.2 speakers at home and enjoy the sound. At work I'm running a Fiios X3>Topping D30>Yamaha R-S202>Polk Audio RTI A3 and it it sounds thin by comparison. The more I read about analog vs digital I'm wondering if the...
Back
Top Bottom