Search results

1. j chauvin

Magnepan MG3.5r Break Down

I recently acquired a pair of MG3.5r. After finding expected rattles, I'd like to see if I can do the repair myself. I'm only interested in a spot fix. If more needs to be done, I'd send them in and will look at that option by calling Magnepan. In the mean time, is there a guide to breaking...
  2. j chauvin

Levinson (Madrigal) No. 2X series faceplate finish

Does anyone know if Levinson face plates from the No. 2X series were anodized or painted? I have some wear and wondering the best avenue to go for restoration. Thx, j
  3. j chauvin

Receiver/Turntable in Netflix Gypsy S1:E7 "Euphoria"

Can anyone identify the receiver and turntable in this episode of "Gypsy"? A really good look at it at 24:11 of the episode. Receiver looks 80's and turntable looks 70's. Thanks, j
  4. j chauvin

Harman Kardon T-35/35C

Anybody know the difference between the T-35 and the T-35C? Thanks, j
  5. j chauvin

GR Craigslist: 19 pieces of vintage for $90

19 pieces of vintage audio gear. First $90 takes it all. Lot of 19 Vintage Stereo Components - $90 (Rockford) j (No affiliation)
  6. j chauvin

Revox A700 at "CompRenew" in Grand Rapids, MI

CompRenew, a local electronics recycling business (charity?) operates much like a thrift -but it's all electronics: computer, audio, video. They have a large audio and video selection. Some of the components are checked and in "working" condition and are priced accordingly. They also...
  7. j chauvin

Yet another garage sale find:

B&W DM603 S3 Black Ash $75/pair :) I passed on sub and center channel. j
  8. j chauvin

Nice LP Aquisition

On the heels of my Nakamichi CDP-2A pick-up a week ago, I stopped at a sale just down the street. Picked up about 20 albums -very nice shape. Lots of Telarc. Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire I-V. Philips label Handel's Messiah (Colin Davis). Amadeus soundtrack. Even a nice Virgil Fox...
  9. j chauvin

Nakamichi CDP-2A $5

Garage sale find. Sticker said $7. Bartered for $5. Mint. Transport screws were even put back in with the transport screw "warning" sticker taped to the top. Manual and Remote included. Wooo Hoooo! :banana: j
  10. j chauvin

Symphonic CD-1000 "Rare Audiophile Dream" HURRY!!! (LOL)

Symphonic CD 1000 on ebay My favorite line: This model has...the pressed wood back and bottom of 80's audio equipment. Full description: I have up for sale a very rare CD player by Symphonic. This is model CD-1000 and it is in great condition and works perfectly. This model has a...
  11. j chauvin

New Grand Rapids (Michigan) Used Audio Store

I had seen in advertised locally but just had a chance to stop in to check it out. Spent a little while chatting with the very personable owner, Brian. Store is called Misfitz Audio just a mile or so south of downtown Grand Rapids. VERY cool store with one of the most impressive vintage...
  12. j chauvin

Pioneer VSX39TX Problem

Hi all, I recently acquired a Pioneer Elite VSX-39TX. When I plugged it in, it would power on, but there was no display other than the LED source indicators. I could rotate the source selection knob and the sources would switch, but nothing on the display. I have not had a chance to...
  13. j chauvin

GR CL: Sony EL7-ELCASET Looks spectacular!!

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/3622356887.html No Affiliation (although I DO have stools JUST like that!! ;) ) j
  14. j chauvin

T-520

Probably should have come here first instead of in "Tuners".... ...but I'm looking for info on the T-520 I just picked up at Goodwill ($8) Anybody have the original price as well as any reviews? Thanks j
  15. j chauvin

Sony CDP-C77ES and Yamaha T-520 Score

Picked up a Sony CDP-C77ES CD Changer and a Yamaha T-520 Tuner at Goodwill tonight for $10 and $8 respectively. :banana: Haven't really been hunting recently but decided to see what Goodwill was like just before closing on a monday night. Don't recall being there on a monday evening...
  16. j chauvin

Yamaha T-520

Just picked up a Yamaha T-520 tonight at Goodwill. Looked to be in excellent condition cosmetically. All lights lit up. Haven't hooked it up yet. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I know it was mid 80's...I'm looking more for how well it was regarded as well as original pricing...
  17. j chauvin

Lodging Question

Went to my first AKfest this year and had a great time. I am interested in bringing a few of my systems to set up in a room for next year. My question is....I'm presuming I'm renting that room, but in all the rooms I was in, I saw no bed/mattresses..... ....where do y'all sleep? Do you...
  18. j chauvin

Rotel RX-102 MkII GR CL

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/3088353796.html $20. Looks to be in decent shape on pics. j (No affiliation)
  19. j chauvin

DCM TF-350 GR S/A on Plainfield

Pair of DCM TF-350's at Salvation Army on Plainfield NE in Grand Rapids for $30 for the pair. I could not get the sock down to tell, but it appeared the surrounds were intact. Not positive about this, however. j (no affiliation)
  20. j chauvin

80's HK Rec./Cass./EQ $75 -GR Craigslist

Someone please go snatch this up.....I don't need it, don't have the funds but might not be able to resist the temptation to make room for it and find the funds: http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/2880837393.html j (No affilliation)
  21. j chauvin

Det. CL: Otari MTR90 w/ a "thrilling" history.

Don't know if it's true, but interesting if it is: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/msg/2890679124.html -No affiliation.... j
  22. j chauvin

Yet another nice little tape score...

....though this one is a bit unique: Picked up these this afternoon at a local thrift (and, yes, I took all of them) for a hefty price of $0.25 each for a grand total of $2.00!! :banana: j (tag: TDK Pro SM-X )
  23. j chauvin

28 Years Old and still sounds fantastic...

I'm sitting in my living room, listening to my favorite rendition of my favorite piece of music through my 28 year old NAD 7125 and it sounds as absolutely fantastic it did the day I purchased it when I was just 15 years old. Actually, it sounds better as I bought the receiver before I owned...
  24. j chauvin

Technics RS-M235X -GR Goodwill

VERY nice condition silver Technics RS-M235X Cassette Deck (2 Head, Dolby B&C, DBX) Looks very clean. Did not test or plug in. Goodwill on 29th St. SE just south of 28th street and between Shaffer and Broadmoor. $15. j
  25. j chauvin

Another Tape Score!!!!

Found these at a local SA last week ($4 total): Just found these at the other local SA today ($8 total): :banana::banana::banana: j
Back
Top Bottom