Search results

1. TooMany45s

Schiit Releasing Four New Preamps

So I've had a chance to spend 7 days with the Saga+ and Mani phono, which has been subbed in for my current preamp and so far I can say that I'm quite impressed. The reason that I had decided to experiment in the first place is that my current tube pre has been giving me a frustrating hum out...
  2. TooMany45s

Schiit Releasing Four New Preamps

I bit the bullet and ordered a saga+ yesterday, along with the schiit mani. Curious as to how this combo will sound against my current pre costing 3x the price. Looking forward to the comparison. I'll be sure to post my impressions.
  3. TooMany45s

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

I went with the 1", and I've been using them screwed all the way in, which gets me a space below the speakers about the thickness of a CD case. I've found this works best for me after trying a few different positions.
  4. TooMany45s

Here's the feet: https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/loudspeaker-rack-decoupling-and-isolation/products/threaded-stud-glider The size chart lists the size for the Zu speakers and they fit correctly. To me it looks like they took a standard furniture glider and stuck some of their 'fat dot'...
  5. TooMany45s

So I finally received my Omen Dirty Weekend Speakers with ClarityCap upgrade last week, after arriving 1.5 months after expected delivery date. Not too keen on the communication from Zu, but it is what it is. As for the speakers, they sound great.Dynamics are fantastic, and I've been caught off...
  6. TooMany45s

Dynaco a25's have always been brought back into the main listening area and I've been swapping between them, the a25xl's, a35's and Advent Smaller Loudspeakers. The DW's will be my first full range driver and I'm chomping at the bit to get them into my rotation!
  7. TooMany45s

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to the listening impressions of the DW's soon! Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my delivery, with no current ETA. I guess they ran out of cabinets. Luckily I have plenty of great speakers to listen to until then, but if I were speakerless or stuck with a...
  8. TooMany45s

I went with the base option, the rustic hickory. It'll be my first full range driver and the most sensitive speaker I've owned. Looking forward to trying them out with tubes.
  9. TooMany45s

I didn't ask about ship dates but it's my understanding that some of the orders from the last batch are shipping out, and they will all be out the door by 12/20. I ordered mine pretty late in the process(11/2) so I figure I'll be close to the end of the line.
  10. TooMany45s

Show us your bedroom system

Y'all have some really nice bedroom setups! I've recently simplified my bedroom setup. Removed the turntable and the vintage gear to free up some space. I'm using an SMSL SA50 Class D amp with the Topping D50 DAC and Chromecast Audio tucked behind my dresser and Dynaco A25XL speakers. Does the...
  11. TooMany45s

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered DW during the last sale after the Claritycaps had sold out - They have them back in stock, and I was able to add them to my speakers by speaking with Gerrit. The cost was $100.00 for the upgrade. They also have them available again in their DIY section for...
  12. TooMany45s

My experience leaving Spotify/Chromecast Audio and Moving to Deezer/Bluesound Node 2i

I will say that I do enjoy how seamless the BlueOS app is. It's nice to switch between streaming services. Through TuneIn, I can play my local public radio stations and switch to Spotify or Deezer without skipping a beat. It's also nice to have a volume control being that my gear is vintage and...
  13. TooMany45s

My experience leaving Spotify/Chromecast Audio and Moving to Deezer/Bluesound Node 2i

I spend most of my time listening to reels and vinyl, and streaming is more for an easy session, or when I have guests. At the end of the day, it boils down to convenience and speed. If I wanted to fiddle when listening to music I'd thread a reel or put on a record. The Node satisfies my need...
  14. TooMany45s

My current setup

Beautiful gear, and I'm a big fan of that MP-110. It plays very nicely with my Pioneer PL-518 and at a great price point. Welcome!
  15. TooMany45s

Sorry, forgot to mention that I did re-introduce the Topping back into the chain when doing the a/b. While the Topping sounds great, I much prefer the Node, both in sound and features. One of the annoying things about the topping is that when it loses signal or changes sources, it will power...
  16. TooMany45s

When I got home from work tonight, I pulled the Chromecast out of the bedroom so I could A/B it with the Bluesound on Spotify. Right off the bat, Spotify connect works much better with the Node. Response to song selections is snappy and even though Spotify isn't controlled within the BlueOS...
  17. TooMany45s

That's a really good question. I think I had made my mind up about switching to Deezer because of the way it's integrated into the Bluesound OS, and I didn't really want to mess around with Spotify Connect. I'll give it a shot after work tonight and report back with the results.
  18. TooMany45s

So a bit ago I posted a thread asking for some advice to fix a couple issues I was having with Spotify/Chromecast Audio, and I didn't get any responses, so I decided to make some adjustments and share my experience in the event anyone else might be in the same boat. My previous streaming setup...
  19. TooMany45s

Seeking a new streaming option

Looking for a little bit of help and I'm hoping that maybe someone can make a suggestion as to a solution for streaming to my vintage setup. My current solution is a Chromecast Audio, running into a Topping D50 DAC, and then out to my Pioneer SX-950. My streaming service of choice is Spotify...
  20. TooMany45s

Sometimes you have to work with the space you have!

I have a feeling that many of them will make their way into the Reggae and Soul music forums,
  21. TooMany45s

The veneer was added by the previous owner. The table I had when I was younger looked like yours. Same great sound, updated looks!
  22. TooMany45s

Today's Reggae Play List

Anyone here a fan of Jamaican 45s? I try to spin a couple from my collection at least a few times a week. This evening's selections: Marcia Griffiths - Don't let me down. Harry J - FHJ 7129/ FHJ 7919 -1969 - Beautiful cover, and one of my favorite Marcia Griffiths recordings The Tennors -...
  23. TooMany45s

Hey all, I've somehow managed to cram 3 setups and 5 turntables into an 800 Sq ft. open floorplan apartment with no doors between living spaces. Don't ask me how I do it, because I can't wrap my around it myself. I really enjoy seeing everyone's listening spaces here, so I thought I would...
  24. TooMany45s

Micro Seiki Solid 5

Hey all! Picked up this Micro Solid 5 today in near perfect condition. Haven't fully set it up yet, but I've got it on the rack and I've played a few records with the Grado Black that was included with the table. The tonearm is a pleasure to use, it's been holding it's speed well and is quite...
  25. TooMany45s

This is my intro post

Thanks! Milwaukee is my hometown. Go Pack!
Back
Top Bottom