Search results

1. L

preamp for elekit 8200

what do you like about the 807s ? do you have rec for the vendor for the 807 and the adapter? i have a decent collection, right now i have sylvania 5814s with the KT66 other drivers gold lion 12AU7 philips holland ecc82 ge holland ecc82 tungsol 6189 baldwin clear top 12AU7 Sylvania JAN 5963...
  2. L

preamp for elekit 8200

eickmewg and Palustrist, thanks for the quick replies!! this is exactly what i was looking for. now on to find some new tubes to roll with :D
  3. L

preamp for elekit 8200

ive had my amp for almost 2 years now and was wondering what, if anything a preamp would help to improve on my elekit. im pretty happy with the sound and mostly use it in triode with kt66 gold lions, though the volume could be louder on some tracks (eg piano) i know i could switch to pentode...
  4. L

tube rolling process

@primosounds - you mentioned - Don't forget Raytheon, Tung sol, Westinghouse, Kenrad. how different do you think they'll sound compared to my RCAs and Sylvanias? I was considering the westinghouse and tungsols but didnt come across as many mentions compared to the ones i bought. this is...
  5. L

tube rolling process

thanks for the comments and suggestions! i ended up going the NOS route for a small batch of 12au7s- based on my extensive research and reading i got pairs of each below RCA clear top gray plate w side getter RCA JRC black plate w D getter philips made in heerlen holland sylvania 5814A gray...
  6. L

tube rolling process

i have a brand new elekit 8200 and have a limited budget to experiment thanks for the clarification by not putting out full power, how does that affect the sound? is it volume, distortion? and how do you define high prices? i'm looking at around $20-40 NOS per 12AU7 tube and $80-$100 per NOS...
  7. L

tube rolling process

being rather new to the tube amp scene and hifi, i wanted to get your thoughts on rolling tubes. i noticed tubeworldexpress has a decent amount of used NOS tubes for sale NOS tubes seem to be getting hard to find (makes sense) and i wanted to hear what all the fuss was about. so to get...
  8. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

none. they always did when it was working
  9. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

so it's been a few weeks and my tube cube actually seems to have broken. i've had the same set of tubes in for about 3 weeks and today it wouldnt turn on. i can see the powerlight is on in the back but no sound. i tried switching out the pre and power amp tubes and it still doesnt work. the...
  10. L

recommendations for tube suppliers

if the metal base ring of the tube falls off as you take a tube out of the box as well as half the cork material under it, but the tube seems to still work.. would you ask for a refund? (this just happened to me)
  11. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

yes agree, i've definitely had over 20 hours with it already and will be sitting tight for at least a few more weeks!
  12. L

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

i'm considering getting this amp, where do you get your preamp tubes? i'm having a hard time finding these (from the MP website) - 6SJ7, 5693, 717A, 713A, 6SH7, 6SD7, 6J8P, 6*8 i noticed there are also 6N and 6L tubes that seem more available but not sure if they can also be used as they...
  13. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

yes it is helpful. appreciate the feedback! have you found different tubes sound better with the gemtune? i may give one of the EL34 amps a try in a few months to see for myself! will update when i get around to it.
  14. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

for the tung sols, you replaced both preamp and power? im finding with the tubes i bought, i like the mullard 12ax7 with the stock power tubes vs the sovtek el84s i bought. i'll need to give the sovteks another good listen though to be sure, they are a lot brighter and seem to have more...
  15. L

anyone know of a useful comparison chart or table that tells you the differences between different tubes and their sound characteristics? kind of like the one they have here at https://tubedepot.com/tube-comparison-tool
  16. L

thanks everyone, is TAD tube amp doctor?
  17. L

where do you buy your replacement tubes?
  18. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

thank you birchoak and mnmnt. i think i'm going to sit tight for another week or so and see if i can notice a difference with the tubes and the sound. my main system is a pioneer rack system (SS) that i got more than 20 years ago and i can definitely hear the difference in tube vs SS, (which is...
  19. L

tubecube 7 upgrade?

i just got a tube cube earlier this week and setup a new system for my home office, small room 10x10ft. using with a klipsch premiere 150s and a 12" SVS sealed sub. it has plenty of volume and power and exceeds my expectations in terms of sound. given its my first tube amp not sure how its...
Back
Top Bottom