Search results

1. Squirrel!

GE SC 7300 stereo system - 1973

I bought this with my 10th b-day money I got: (not my video)
  2. Squirrel!

An interesting & unique Goodwill find last year

I know, right?! But honestly, the Blue made this particular recording....shrill?...for lack of a better term at the moment, while the Red gave the album more...body...for lack of a better term at the moment. I've never really changed the stylus for a particular record before, I always thought it...
  3. Squirrel!

Yes, Radio Shack made and distributed the album.
  4. Squirrel!

Direct to vinyl, no tape recording. Excellent condition. One of my better vinyl finds at Goodwill. Side 1 played using 2M Blue, side 2 using a 2M Red. The Red was a notable improvement over the sound quality of the Blue with this record.
  5. Squirrel!

Denon DP-1200

Right on...Yup, I did a deoxit to the speed pot and will do so for the start/stop and speed switches when I get to replacing the motor lubrication/oil. After 44-45 years, I'd say it is justified. ;)
  6. Squirrel!

Denon DP-1200

7. Squirrel!

Denon DP 1200

Thanks CB! :beerchug: I think it is also! Certainly sounds sexy AF to me! :rockon:
  8. Squirrel!

Denon DP 1200

Thanks hucklecat! Those DP-3000's are nice tables to be sure! I have been contemplating doing a possible custom table with one of the stand alone models, but I have enough projects on my plate as is. :whip:
  9. Squirrel!

Denon DP 1200

Do you still have yours? I just got mine going!
  10. Squirrel!

Denon DP 1200

Reviving an old azz thread with a picture of an old azz turntable. ;) My beauty, direct from Japan...I added an Ortofon 2M Blue and Record Master black chrome headshell. I'm in love.:banana::beerchug:
  11. Squirrel!

Denon DP-1200

Just acquired my own DP-1200 and am curious if all (or any) you you fine folks still have yours. If so, how has the table faired through all these years? If not, why not, and what did you replace it with?
  12. Squirrel!

Refurbishing Denon Direct Drive TTs

Well, thanks everyone for the lively discussion. I got this off the 'bay 3 months ago not working. So psyched with this monster of a turntable. A 100 volt step-down transformer, new feet from Music Hall to replace the hardened/deformed original feet, resetting/cleaning the magnetic tape head...
  13. Squirrel!

@flavio81, thanks. :beerchug:
  14. Squirrel!

I appreciate the suggestion. Yes, I bought this 2 weeks before the TT was delivered. I think it is working correctly as I checked the output voltage was 100v.
  15. Squirrel!

These aren't good. I'm thinking of scanning and posting the whole manual here to help others. Can't join Vinyl Engine and no other resource for this info for free that I am aware of. But here are the two models Euro and American. I don't know if the Japanese models are different enough or not...
  16. Squirrel!

And you continue with your false assumptions and accusations about something you have no clue about. Please stop your trolling.
  17. Squirrel!

It is obvious you are worthless to add anything constructive and/or helpful when it comes to my turntable that you admittedly know nothing about, but continue to try to force your opinion on others along with your false assumptions. If you knew half as much as you think you do, you'd be...
  18. Squirrel!

Bada-BINGO! I bought the table with the full understanding that it is (approx) 43 years old and the old components SHOULD be swapped, for that purpose alone. The recap was planned in advance to even knowing about the speed issue. The solution is ALWAYS "simple" once it is figured out. Until...
  19. Squirrel!

Bringing this thread back to life a 3rd time. I have a Denon DP-1200 I bought from Japan that arrived with the infamous platter spinning like a bat-out-of-hell issue. De-oxit on all pots and switches. No joy. On the speed control board, all caps have been replaced. The semiconductor has been...
  20. Squirrel!

Denon DP-1200, Your Opinions please

First thing I ordered. ;) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00757RYPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  21. Squirrel!

I know, right?! :rolleyes: I am going with this headshell https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEFBIXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 along with an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge/stylus. Congrats on the acquisition! From da 'bay I presume? Curious about which one you got...This is...
  22. Squirrel!

I I'm excited! Was supposed to be here today from Japan. Yeah, OK...NOT! International tracking numbers are a joke and one reason I avoid those sales. But this DP-1200 was calling my name and wouldn't shut-up untill I paid for it! But now, the table(s) has turned (get the pun? ;) ) and I'm not...
  23. Squirrel!

I've been eyeing a REALLY nice 47F on da 'bay. How do you like it compared to the 1200 (which I am still awaiting delivery of)?
  24. Squirrel!

Anti-skate setting question

Thanks for everyone's explanation. This group never falters when I ask a question and I am appreciative of the assistance. There seems to certainly be ALOT more information on anti-skating than I was expecting! I thought it just made sense for the needle to ride the grove and to follow where the...
Back
Top Bottom