Search results

1. ToxicTele

Pressure Washer/Power Washing mildew off our siding ...

Don't be fooled by the PSI, it's gpm that makes a difference. 1.2gpm is akin to spraying, well, air. You want something that will do 2+ gpm.
  2. ToxicTele

Canon Firmware

Much appreciated! Must have old fart syndrome.
  3. ToxicTele

Canon Firmware

Longshot - I'm looking for firmware for a Canon Vixia HF10 - 1.03 version. Canon has discontinued support and it seems like they gleaned the web of all of all instances. Just wondering if anybody has downloaded and managed to keep a copy. Thank you.
  4. ToxicTele

Messed around with a Marantz 2226B now presumably … dead

Fuses are also the wrong size, perhaps the right amperage but don't fit correctly in the holders. What's more important, and if the fuses are blown, you need to figure that out before applying power. As Zether mentioned, put it on a dim bulb tester before applying power.
  5. ToxicTele

Restringing cord on Sansui 4000

I don't see the wires for the little wheat bulbs in the dial indicator? 4000 isn't complete without the indicator lamps!
  6. ToxicTele

Sansui 1000A Where to start?

Break out the soldering iron..........:lurk:
  7. ToxicTele

Unusual Tube Tester

Did ya buy it?
  8. ToxicTele

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Tennessee still stuck on nasty shine, be quite a while before us Volunteers are free.
  9. ToxicTele

Ultrasonic for the win!

Agree, simply cleaning one album doesn't warrant setting up the US. I just wait till I have a few to clean.
  10. ToxicTele

Ultrasonic for the win!

Help me understand - "if the wood glue doesn't clean it enough, then I use the US". If that's the case, why not use the Kirmuss initially? just asking.
  11. ToxicTele

Shower mixing valve.

Got a pressure tank inline?
  12. ToxicTele

Problem with DeoxIT D5 spray tube?

Depending upon the length of straw I need, I simply use shrink tube to connect two or three together.
  13. ToxicTele

Anyone with JBL 4406?

I just gifted a set of 4406's I've had for years. Used as near field monitors, measure flat and are quite stellar with quality recordings. Grandson loves them (also gifted a Sansui 4000 and Technics SL-Q2 for his first system).
  14. ToxicTele

Problem with new listening room.

Surprising how one meter can make a difference from the sweet spot. You mentioned moving the left speaker back, equidistance from a door to your listening position. How much of a difference do you notice if door is closed or open?
  15. ToxicTele

Problem with new listening room.

Room length doubled, slightly smaller in width, and you mentioned listening position at about 3m. How close was your listening position in previous room?
  16. ToxicTele

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

I'll ride with a speeding, albeit, not stupid driver any day of the week vs an asshat that has a cellphone to there ear.
  17. ToxicTele

Is Home Theater On Its Way Out?

Still enjoy the heck out of our modest setup - 110" dual layer spandex screen, Sony projector, 3 15" horn loaded speakers behind the screen, 10" atmos in ceiling with Jbl surrounds, all powered by a lowly Marantz SR6010. Movies (disc only, no streaming) played through Panasonic Ultra HD, leather...
  18. ToxicTele

Classic High-End Gear

Still rocking a Sansui G7700 I purchased at PX in Germany in '78. Esoteric DV50, Thorens TD320. Swap out the 7700 with my 9700 and hook up my Sansui SPZ9's when I feel like beating up the neighborhood. For classic, Dynaco ST35 is my sweet little spot. Have that hooked to a set of Bozaks, oh...
  19. ToxicTele

Hervor Minilux loudspeaker made in France with Mother of Pearl inlay

Bakelite was commonly used in that era.
  20. ToxicTele

Sansui 661 running high amps

Are you powering up through a DBT? When replacing components in vintage gear, I always first power up through the dim bulb tester. Edit - Sansui SM's are notorious for lack of accuracy.
  21. ToxicTele

AU-9900 and G-8700 runs rather cool, are they supposed to?

I run a G7700 and a 9700, both run warm to the touch but nothing unusual. Have you adjusted the bias and dc on the units?
  22. ToxicTele

Favorite tv character!

Otis
  23. ToxicTele

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

"Load 16 tons, what do get, another day older and deeper debt"....
  24. ToxicTele

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

Spicer - have you checked the labels on your Mission Mountain album? They put them on the wrong sides, at least mine is that way. FWIW, I absolutely enjoy the album.
Back
Top Bottom