Search results

1. caferacer59

Today's Reggae Play List

Best dress chicken, I always loved that cover .
  2. caferacer59

Best CONCERT ever seen.

Cory Feldman? :-)
  3. caferacer59

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Hey it's joe, the guy responsible for me going down the moving coil rabbit hole! haha
  4. caferacer59

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Here is my little set up at my office, pioneer sx750, dual 1218, sonos connect, pioneer rt1011, teac x 700 r and and a pair of klipsch kg 1.5’s. everything is 40 years old plus except the sonos box and hell that thing is going on 15 years. it all gets an occasional cap or two or lights but...
  5. caferacer59

TT choosing for setup

you really cannot go wrong with the the Rega P3. Changing speeds is not hard if you can muster the energy to lift the platter. or get the seperate power supply and then its "push a button". i went all in with the Rega P3, the power supply, rega Phono stage and an ania MC cart. All of this...
  6. caferacer59

Bozak speakers with Marantz?

BTW retrovert, I love my Bozak Urbans! I got me a nice little Rega TT, with speed box, phono stage and a fancy mc cart and i am pretty happy. all thats being driven my a little tube amp, an odd ball mystere brand thing. and I am done for a couple of years. Time to stop chasing gear and...
  7. caferacer59

Bozak speakers with Marantz?

I love vintage threads about vintage stuff with vintage replies.
  8. caferacer59

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

I am driving the Urbans with a Mystere AI11 40 watt amp, records go in circles with a Rega p3 with Rega speedbox/Phono stage, the tapes go in circles with my stalwart Pioneer 1011 which refuses to break, and I stream with a 15 year old Sonos box. (by the way the sonos box got its own cheap...
  9. caferacer59

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

Rudy Bozak 302-a Urbans. AK'er helped me so much, I pretty much built them from scratch over the past month. Wouldn't of happened with out gadget, biggles, retrovert, smiley and a few otheres. Drove my 41 year old fiat all over the mid Atlantic, picking up drivers, crossover parts etc. I...
  10. caferacer59

currency exchange, arbitrage and globalization.

Yeah. Whatever. But thanks for your sophisticated take on the economy. God save the king.
  11. caferacer59

currency exchange, arbitrage and globalization.

In my first look into moving to an MC cart, I thought i would share with you the savings that can be had by using the pretty steep decline of the pound against the dollar. I was looking to buy an ania rega cart , standard price in the U.S 895. go to a local UK shop (on line) that ships and...
  12. caferacer59

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

I loved my klisch and the were nothing fancy just a set of kg4s in my living room paired up with a well maintained pioneer sx 750. I finally fell out of love with them, as my taste in music changed. Ive gone about as opposite as you can snd now run a mystere ai11 tube amp paired with a set of...
  13. caferacer59

Tell me its probably a waste of money!!

Yes exceedingly good point and i read up on the topping. And for 150. Ill give it a go. Thanks very much and joe, thanks for the rega phono stage. It looks new.
  14. caferacer59

Tell me its probably a waste of money!!

So. I’ve really upped my game selling a ton of good gear, to fund a new to me system. Ive gone up stream and opposite of what i used to run, which was a pristine sx 750 with some kg4,s. A music hall 1.5 and a pioneer 1011 and a gen one sonus connect from around 2010. That amp and the klipsch...
  15. caferacer59

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

John Holt, Jamaican artist, On tape with a pair of home built bozak 302 urbans circa 1963. Driven by a Mystere aill amp.
  16. caferacer59

Sorta Bozak Urbans

Well guys. I pulled the trigger on a mystere Ai11 40 watt tube amp. The combo is awesome. This amp seems to fly under the radar and not many in the us. Its a beautiful little thing.
  17. caferacer59

Sorta Bozak Urbans

These were lying around in the cellar parts bin, I put them on the front and they are a 4 inch rise I left the casters in the back with a 2.5 inch rise so the speakers now angle slightly upward which is nice. Also easy to move still. Ordered 3/8 inch tempered glass tops that should be here...
  18. caferacer59

Sorta Bozak Urbans

So got the speaker fabric and did some moulding on them, I put caster on them but don’t like the look and will go back to some mcm style legs.
  19. caferacer59

What piece of equipment do you own that you find so undervalued ...

Great responses. And frankly some good hints for those looking to get into the hobby, and looking at the performance to undervalued ratio. Who ever mention the 1219 dual. I agree. I have the 1218 which I think is just a smaller platter. A great performer.
  20. caferacer59

What piece of equipment do you own that you find so undervalued ...

So just out of curiosity I have a piece or 2 that I like very much that even if I wanted to sell it, the market just wouldnt cooperate. My example is: A 1977 Pioneer SX750. The one that I have is flawless with real aftermarket wood veneer, LED lighting and has gotten tuneups every decade or...
  21. caferacer59

Sorta Bozak Urbans

I am looking to do just that, I am a little intrigued by the Prima Luna evo series. The self bias mechanism seems to get good reviews and the build quality also from what i have seen so far. The pricing seems fair. but lots to look at, I have an old st-70 but looking for something modern...
  22. caferacer59

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

@drjim good on ya. I keep on mine, I’ve had it nearing 30 years. Generally reliable but…. In my case…”Italian cars are like Italian women, some time they stab you for no reason at all”.
  23. caferacer59

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

not even close, hint I said it’s only 23 years old. fun!
Back
Top Bottom