Search results

1. J

9090DB Restoration Complete

First I want to thank the community for all your help and input on this restoration. Just to recap this unit was purchased by may dad in the late 70's. According to the serial number it was built in Feb 1977. My dad passed away 22 years ago the receiver then sat in their home until my mom's...
  2. J

Intermittent Protection Mode 9090DB

First a little background on the work that has been done on the unit: All EC's recapped using the list post on here Dolby board removed all rivets were vacuum de-soldered, wired and re-soldered a few traces were repaired Rotary switch was removed and cleaned Ribbon cable was replaces with new...
  3. J

My 9090DB is alive

Thought I would post a short video of my 9090DB coming back to life. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvvpJ1teKANUlyqBihh2uNiVvB88 Joe
  4. J

9090DB Progress Sort Of

It has taken a long time to get this far. I want to thank all those who have helped along the way. Not done yet but progress. Here what was done so far: System was completely hand cleaned and wiped inside and out. This unit has been in the family since the late 70's All electrolytic capacitors...
  5. J

9090DB wire placement

I am trying to determine the placement of a black wire that runs from the 2617 broad to the 2544 broad. I believe it attaches to ground on the back side of 2544? Thanks
  6. J

Mute Button Arc 9090DB

Why would pushing the mute button cause an arc to occur inside the relay? Thanks Joe
  7. J

F-2624 Review

I would like for the community to take a look at my 2624 build to see if there any mistakes. After my recap I am having a tough time getting the unit to work. I am using a DBT with the 2624 out the unit will come out of protection. with it in the unit will stay in protection mode.
  8. J

First Power Up Issues

Well first power up did not go good. Will not come out of protection mode and the lights for the signal and dial back light not working. The power meter lights are working fine. Tried with new and old driver board same results. Remove driver board and the unit comes out of protection mode, no...
  9. J

My 9090DB Story

My dad purchased the receiver new back when. He passed away 20 years ago, and the unit has been sitting in my parents’ house until my mom’s passing this March. My brother, who currently owns the house, said I should take the receiver or he was going to trash it. I brought it home with me and...
  10. J

9090DB Question

I know this is not a "complete" diagnostic. But was curious. When I feed a tone via the AUX port. I heard the tone no matter which input the selector is pointing to. Any guesses what could be wrong.
Back
Top Bottom