Search results

1. F

4" fullrange drivers in Synthedata Dbox speakers

Does anyone know what 4" fullrange drivers these are? The speakers are Synthedata Dbox Mini Max powered by internal lm1875t amps. They sound good with plenty of low end for small sealed cabinet, but lacking high end. Hoping to swap them for better drivers suitable for these enclosures.
  2. F

Lite dac-ah passive mods

Thanks for the detailed answer.
  3. F

Lite dac-ah passive mods

Hello I've seen a schematic on diyaudio and it looks like capacitors C35 and C36 need to be moved from pin 6 to pin 3 to bypass the op-amps. Should there be any caps and/or resistors in between pin 3 and the RCAs after bypassing the op-amps? Some use a 2.2 uf and I've also read 100 uf + 22K...
  4. F

Lite dac-ah passive mods

Hello, I'm looking to do the passive mods on my Lite dac-ah by removing the op-amps from the circuit. Does anyone have the details for these mods? I've read that 2 resistors and 2 caps are needed, but did not find the step by step instructions. Thanks in advance
  5. F

How to control volume of external stereo system with TV remote

I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to control the sound volume of an external stereo system with the TV remote. Currently I am using the headphone jack, going into a power amplifier. However, that has a lot of ground noise. I would like to use a DAC but the TV optical output is...
  6. F

Stereo or mono tpa board with low gain

Does anyone know of any tpa or similar boards with relatively low gain? 20 to 26 db? I'd like to use one on my desktop speakers with a small tube preamp.
  7. F

Open baffle step compensation adds distortion

Maybe something wrong with the inductors, can someone please explain? 1.3mH at 200 kHz 2.3mH at 15 khz ?58H at 1 kHz
  8. F

Correct, the resistor and inductor are in parallel, and wired in series with the driver (on the positive side). These are 2.4mh inductors (I checked this at 15 khz). However, it did not read any value at 1 khz. Maybe the inductors are the problem here?
  9. F

I followed the design by Rudolf in post #13 below to build a pair of small open baffle speakers https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/240012-baffle-2.html For the baffle step circuit, I could not source a 3.3mh inductor, so I used a 2.4mh instead in parallel with a 12 ohm resistor. (photo...
  10. F

How to reduce gain in integrated tube amp

I was thinking of those at first and read very good reviews, but I want the attenuation to affect all inputs.
  11. F

Thanks for the support!
  12. F

Thanks everyone for their suggestions. I could not find any other schematics. However, I would like to leave the main circuit unchanged since it sounds very good to me. So I think that I'll go ahead with the resistor attenuation. Also I can probably use a preamp tube with less gain instead of...
  13. F

I have an Audio Innovations s300 that I really like. However, the gain is too high using a 2V line input. I just move the pot from the intial 7 to 8 o'clock positon and it's already too loud. Besides using resistors before the volume knob to attenuate, is there a better way to reduce the gain...
  14. F

Aluminum ribbon assembly for Decca Kelly/London tweeters

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to find a source that sells the entire ribbon assembly. I've read that gluing/soldering the ribbon to the terminals is not very easy. The ribbon with the ripped foils has cracked (noises) sound.
  15. F

Aluminum ribbon assembly for Decca Kelly/London tweeters

Does anyone know where I can get aluminum ribbon assemblies for Decca Kelly/London tweeters, as shown in the attached image? The aluminum ribbon in one of the tweeters has rips on the edges I've tried to email few people from England and Germany who sell these assemblies on their website, but...
  16. F

Elipson 1303 woofer polarity

I have the woofers out of phase, since that is how I found it in the cabinet that was not opened up before. The bass sounds very good in some recordings and appears to be missing in other, relative to my larger Epicure tower speakers. Perhaps the speakers are very neutral.
  17. F

Thanks for claryfing that. I noticed that bass is well controlled and appears to be lacking in some recordings, but it may be that the speakers are very neutral and true to the source. By the way, my model is 1303 FT (Foster ribbon tweeters). I hope someone with this model can confirm the phase...
  18. F

I recently refoamed the woofers on my Elipson 1303, and I noticed that in one speaker was wired in phase and in the other out of phase. I believe it should be out of phase since the woofer is facing its chamber (unlike most speakers), and the in-phase woofer looks to have been taken out before...
  19. F

Woofer upgrade for ESS Amt1 towers

Other option would be to modify these to 3-way. I'd like to keep the transmission line cabinets and find an appropriate woofer.
  20. F

Woofer upgrade for ESS Amt1 towers

Does anyone have experience with the ESS amt1 towers? Same drivers as amt1 in transmission line cabinet. I was hoping to upgrade the original 10" woofers (small Alnico magnets) to improve the mid-bass. I've read about possible recommendations, including the new ESS woofers, but I was hoping that...
  21. F

Where to find 1.5" Peerless 16 ohm paper cone tweeters

Does anyone know where I can find the 1.5" 16 ohm Peerlees alnico tweeters They are 1.5", paper cone, as in the photos Bought a pair of Peerless coaxials, and one of the tweeters is dead I really like the sound of these, so hoping to find a replacement tweeter
  22. F

What drivers are these?

Thanks so much for your help! Would have taken me a really long time to get closer to the answer. It seems that Pioneer made the PIM-25 and also a more expensive coaxial PAX-25 driver. They look similar from the back. However, the driver I listed has 5 opening instead of 6.
  23. F

What drivers are these?

Thank you for the suggestions! I got some more photos and info on these but still no photos of the front.. The tweeter is a 3", and the woofer is 10" with a red 16 ohm sticker
  24. F

What drivers are these?

Can anyone identify these? I'd like to pick them up, but the seller doesn't have any info on them and there are no markings. Looks to be a fullrange driver with tweeter for the higher frequencies. Peerless, or Philips? seems to be alnico magnet?
  25. F

DAC with passive volume control

Are there are any usb DACs available with a passive preamplifier/volume control? I'd like to run my tube amplifier with a passive preamp/dac combo.
Back
Top Bottom