Search results

1. C

Technics SL-QD33 cueing speed

Well, I can answer my own question...500.000 cst is too thick and makes the cueing too slow IMHO for the SL-QD33. I'm going to leave it for now, because it sure is nicer than the stylus crashing down onto the record, but a half-way point between the 5 second needle drop and the 1/2 second needle...
  2. C

Seeking Experts Opinions On Condition of This AT6006 Stylus

Great thread...enjoyed reading through it. Thanks for the reference!
  3. C

I'm buying this AT450 (NOS, ebay) for $60 that has a nude 3x7 bi-radial, with the same tombstone shaft as the AT6006, so I think that will be a great replacement. Then I need to decide between an HE (vividline) and a shibata. Currently using a brand new AT3482P (.7 conical) - and boy does that...
  4. C

Thanks. I had thought there were a couple of non-shibata VividLine like options...but I'm not seeing that now. May have been in different AT cart styles (like the 1x2 series pmounts). Any knowledge on what the "big picture" differences are between the shibata and vividline - they seem very...
  5. C

Yes, it's in my budget...It's just that I have confused myself with the varying options around the Shibata, like the VividLine and a couple of other versions of it that LPGear is selling in the p-mount format. There seems to be a lot of similarity for varying prices in this style of stylus.
  6. C

I played the AT6006 for a while this morning, and it sounds great. Tracks wonderfully, no IGD that I can detect, nice open, balanced sound. For me, it is all the cartridge I need. I'll probably get a new stylus from LP Gear just to have a brand new tip, although I don't imagine it will actually...
  7. C

Thanks for your advice... It's a cool look stylus though...I haven't played it yet - so I'll give it a good listen when I get the time and see if that reveals anything one way or the other. Wish I had a better microscope, but for me, it will be cheaper to just by a new stylus.
  8. C

I have an AT6006 of unknown provenance, and would like your opinion on the condition and usability of the stylus. To me, it looks perfect, but what do I know!? It's a nude 3x7 rectangular shaft eliptical... Please have a look and thanks for your help. -Chris
  9. C

Technics SL-QD33 cueing speed

Joe, Hi, I'm new on the forum, with a SL-QD33 that I want to perform the cue damping R&R on. I know this thread is ancient, but thought I'd ask if you are still satisfied going with the 500,000 cst for the SL-QD33? It doesn't make it cue too slowly? Thank you for your time, Chris
  10. C

Do SL-1200 45 RPM Adapters fit all Technics (specifically SL-QD33)

Found and bought a very nice used SL-1200 45 RPM original metal adapter for $10...will be a nice upgrade for the SL-QD33!! :thumbsup: It does have an AT8008 cart on it...so it's not an absolute slouch...
  11. C

Who you calling cheaper!! :rflmao: Thanks, I assumed so, but we all know the danger of that!
  12. C

I have a "new" SL-QD33 that is missing it's 45 RPM adapter, and I'd like to get a genuine Technics adapter to replace the missing one. I can buy a genuine SL-1200 all metal adapter for less than a genuine SL-QD33 style plastic adapter, but I don't know if the spindles are different and if the...
  13. C

Lifespan of styli.

First photo is strongly back lit...second photo side lit...which either washes out the black or is eliminating the reflection, but looks more uniform...
  14. C

Lifespan of styli.

I get why you say that...but I'm certain this is supposed to be a nude...I bought it factory sealed (Nov 2011 J&R), so it is what it came with. Here is another view from the side...the tip is definitely black. As I said earlier, it plays beautifully, but it just looks strange to me...hence the...
  15. C

Lifespan of styli.

I'm pretty certain the AT120E is a nude eliptical...not bonded. This AT3400 is bonded...and you can see that it's two parts - at least if you look very carefully ;) Audio-Technica ATN120E Stylus Specifications - Frequency response: 15Hz-25kHz - Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 5mV - Channel...
  16. C

Lifespan of styli.

Anyone have an idea why the stylus of my AT120E (nude 3x7 eliptical) appears black at the tip? Looks burnished, but it has low hours and was never abused. Just wondering if that seems normal. It plays, and to me, sounds great...
Back
Top Bottom