Search results

1. Phaceless56

Basic C2 Restoration

Wire nut how sure are you that the sound-deadening material is causing a short maybe the adhesive could be the cause I would start there
  2. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

I'm looking at the service manual that is a jumper not sure why someone would put a resister there maybe someone else can chime in. One other thing check the transistor next to that resistor I believe that Q8 in the photo it looks like it is coming apart.
  3. Phaceless56

Kenwood KR 6400 /Kenwood KR 5600

x600 ? is that car or home stereo
  4. Phaceless56

Kenwood Lock terminal board for speaker connections on 880SD M1A etc

https://drmaudio.com/basic-m2a It looks like the board for the Basic M2a should work send an email to Dan ask if that board will fit the Basic M1a
  5. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic M2 channel distorted

I had an M2a with similar problem hair pulling so after going through it I gently pressed down on one of the filter caps and the distortion went away turned out to be a cold solder point on that Cap so I resoldered that Cap and no more noise. I don't know if this helps but check the solder...
  6. Phaceless56

Kenwood KT-45 tuner. I bought in 1987 new

I believe the KA-95 has a protection circuit (relays) have you tried headphones from the Amplifier see if you get sound from there
  7. Phaceless56

Kenwood KT-45 tuner. I bought in 1987 new

It should not matter gold or nickel (silver) plating what I believe you have there is a rack system or seperates all the components put some model numbers up so we know what you have there famous C.F. quotes I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass
  8. Phaceless56

Just got a KR-3090 :)

Welcome Kennwoodj try hifiengine.com they have the service manual if that helps good luck https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/kr-3090.shtml
  9. Phaceless56

Glue Removal

MKouts It's good you used the AudioPhool method "I'm the AudioPhool" enjoy your gear :banana::beerchug:
  10. Phaceless56

Glue Removal

do a test on a small piece of the plastic with the thinner I think in my opinion that the alcohol is safer and easier to use and as for the razor try an Exacto knife with a flat blade looks like a spatula
  11. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic C2 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

You have a nice setup Txsaxkat did you swap out the Tone board?. I picked up a C2 a few years back I replaced all electrolytics, opamps, tone board, relay, loudness and balance control, and some Zeners. I plan on replacing all RCA inputs to gold plated from DRM and I'm running a pair of Kappa...
  12. Phaceless56

Glue Removal

Try a little Alcohol and a razor blade and patients good luck
  13. Phaceless56

Problems with input/output on TEAC A-2300S RTR

These machines sound so good one day I hope to own a RT-909 until then these are great for making a mix tape or record the latest vinyl and they look good with my gear
  14. Phaceless56

Yes oldvinyldude I believe you are correct I start out with source to set the input level a little red never hurt anyone then back to tape so I hear what the recorded tape should sound like
  15. Phaceless56

Thanks for that tip mcgjohn I have lubricated all that I could see I even ordered oil to lubricate the motors via the small tube on the back of each motor. Now everything has been lubricated and cleaned with Deoxit. This came with the original owner's manual there is lots of info about this...
  16. Phaceless56

bigmattt welcome to AK and thanks for the piece of info I picked up a Teac 2300s and before testing the unit I too removed power board to get to the pinch roller so as to remove it and put fresh oil so now it moves freely but no sound in or out source or tape nothing until I found your post I...
  17. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic Series

Hi Enrique A lot of what you are looking for you can find on hifiengine.com I searched For the Basic C1 and after manuals you will find brochures and links to other catalogs and brochures good luck
  18. Phaceless56

Kenwood KR-9050 Final Transistor Bias Current

Is it saying that VR1 and VR2 is 40mv total 20mv each?
  19. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic C2 recap BOM

Have you tried www.drmaudio.com he has everything you need for your Kenwood Basic stuff including the RCA's for your C2 I did not know Mouser sold those
  20. Phaceless56

Do you believe in miracles? Kenwood KR-5600 for $50!

I try a few things to get the tarnish off 91% alcohol if that doe not work try Turtle Wax Lens Clarifying compound most of the plastic lens cleaners will work for me this works best. You have a real nice sounding receiver it says 40 watts but I feel like its alot more and the sound well hook it...
  21. Phaceless56

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

almost done with my C1 restore can someone tell me where this cap goes Extra Under board 100uf 25V 100uf/25v 647-UPW1E101MED Thank you
  22. Phaceless56

Kenwood C2 transformer replacement

a friend sent this link to me don't know too much about transformers check it out for the C2 https://www.parts-express.com/Avel-Y236651-250VA-18V18V-Toroidal-Transformer-122-620?
  23. Phaceless56

Kenwood C1 M1 Kits Sold by DRM Audio

were you able to download the catalog? If so follow the instructions on the last page for placing an order
  24. Phaceless56

Kenwood M2/M2A Restorations, Upgrades, & Mods

I'm in Southern California and it is working fine for me. Are you using VPN software or some type of proxy?
Back
Top Bottom