Search results

1. 70smidfiguy

Harmon Kardon HK 690i Service Manual gaps!

So I'm working on a decent HK 690i that had some substance spilled accross a few boards. Sadly, this caused corrosion leaving some links and resistors damaged and unreadable. Examples are R156, R157, R159 and so on. I have removed these and cleaned the boards. The issue is , I cannot find...
  2. 70smidfiguy

Yamaha R-500 Not coming out of protection

Hey all, I have a Yamaha R-500 which is not coming out of protection. I went through the unit and changed out some 10uf caps with corroded leads but this did not solve the issue. The DC offset (measured between the coils and ground) both show 0-1.7mv(ish) but are not adjusting with the...
  3. 70smidfiguy

Rohde&Schwarz Signal Generator - SME42 - Should I keep it?

Hey all, I have aquired the above signal generator and am trying to decide whether to keep it or not. I do my own vintage restorations, all solid state, early 70's to early 80's. Receivers, amp's, tuners (I would love to be able to do alignments), turntables. I'm an amateur and as such am...
  4. 70smidfiguy

Sansui TU-999 - No meter(s) signal on FM or AM

Hey all, I'm on to part two of my AU/TU 999 restoration. AU-999 is all done and sounds amazing. The TU 999 however, not so good. I'm ok with testing components and restoring but do not have the equipment to do AM/FM alignment. Having said that, this unit shows no signs of life for signal...
  5. 70smidfiguy

AU-999 Restore - (2SC875/2SA532) replacements on F-1334

Hey all, Doing a full restoration and have seen multiple threads on replacements for this transistor pair. Can someone clear the air ? I have 1220/2690's in stock. I have also seen threads where ZTX695 are used ???? Many thanks in advance.
  6. 70smidfiguy

Arcam Alpha 7 Amplifier - No output other than headphone

Hey all, Working in an Alpha 7 amplifier, no output on either direct or switched speaker outputs. Headphone jack works fine. Idle current measures perfectly at about 3mv. Protection switches to green, relay clicks. All inputs work through HP jack. It has the symptoms of a missing pre out/in...
  7. 70smidfiguy

Luxman M-12 Filter Capacitor replacement

Hey all, I have a Luxman M-12 power amplifier that requires replacement filter caps. The orginals are CHEMI-CON 10000uf 55V with three terminals (+ E -) I managed to find a pair of 15000uf 75V with two terminals which I can fit in. My questions are: As per the pictures below can I simply...
  8. 70smidfiguy

NAD 7175PE - No DC Offset (Centering Voltage) on one channel

Hey all, Im working on a nice 7175, which works fine except that I cannot adjust the offset on the left channel. (And of course, no output on that channel) Heres what I have done: Checked using preamp outs, works fine. Checked Idle current, both channels 25mv perfect. Tested all outputs and...
  9. 70smidfiguy

Nakamichi LX-3 transport frustration :(

Hey all, I have aquired an LX-3 which I received not working. Belts melted, original orange caps and so on. I ordered a new belt kit with idler and replaced with no issue. Replaced the orange caps with WIMA, again no issue. Cleaned and lubed the capstan and pinch roller shafts and so on...
  10. 70smidfiguy

Heathkit AR-15 Restoration: Right channel no output - Power supply resistors very hot.

Hey all, Im working on a restoration of an AR-15. Unit is in great physical shape but had lots of issues; 2 x outputs gone (one on each channel) , most caps way out of spec (naturally). Anyway, after replacing all electrolytic caps except the single can (it measured as good) and exchanging...
  11. 70smidfiguy

Heathkit AR-1500 Restore - Preamp not working

Hi all, I have been working on an AR-1500 that I received second hand. I started by refrashing the power supply and amp boards with new ecaps and testing outputs plus new mica's. Everything went well there. If I cut the preamp out/main in jumpers and use the unit as a main in amp, works...
  12. 70smidfiguy

2SD1062/2SB826 Driver replacement for NAD 7240PE

Hey all, I am in need of replacement/equivalents for the drivers on this receiver. These are: Q434,433 - 2SD1062 Q431,432 - 2SB826 I have in stock, BD912,2N6488G (sub for BD911) would they work? Many thanks in advance.
  13. 70smidfiguy

JVC 4VR-5446X Beauty - Slight noise floor on all inputs - One Channel.

Hello all, I am restoring a mint JVC receiver for two channel usage. Have recapped all boards except the Demodulator & Tuner. Have removed and cleaned all pots & switches. Have set idle current to 4mv on all channels. Have replaced the 4 x 2SA726 with KSA992 on amp boards. Have replaced the...
  14. 70smidfiguy

Question regarding input LED circuit for Dual CV 1260

Hello all, Just a general question for an issue I have with the input selection LED circuit in this unit. None of the LED's are working but have tested as ok with external power supply. I'm not sure where the source voltage for these LED's comes from in the unit. The function switch itself...
  15. 70smidfiguy

Yamaha CR-820 Tuning Meter not working - No FM Stereo

Signal Strength is fine. FM Muting and Mono Stereo Switch no impact. (other than muting works as it should) Testing the meter with external power supply works. OTS touch and lamp action appears to be working fine. Stereo working on all other inputs. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
  16. 70smidfiguy

Pioneer SX-550 No Right Channel FM Only

Hey all, Restoring/Recovering an SX-550. All inputs working perfectly, all controls cleaned. FM Stereo/Muting/Signal Strength all working properly BUT right channel has no output. Only on FM. I removed and cleaned the function switch, all looks good there. Could this be one of the IC's...
  17. 70smidfiguy

Pioneer SX-1010 - FM IF Transformer lower core adjustment

Hey all, Big newbie question, The service manual refers to adjusting the lower core of T1 on the tuner board. I only see a single hex screw on the of that transformer, is there an upper and lower core adjustment or is that in fact the lower core adjustment? Many thanks
  18. 70smidfiguy

Looking for replacements for 2SC3419 and 2SA1356 in Nikko Alpha 600

Hey all, These are in the driver section. El Component found some potential replacements but some specs were off. Thanks in advance.
  19. 70smidfiguy

Yamaha A-960 - Hum - both channels - volume pot no effect

Hey all, I have a unit that has what I think is a 120Hz loud hum. The unit is new to me so I have no history other than what I have done. Testing: Both channels evenly. Volume pot has no impact Changing inputs no impact On headphones and speakers Bias and offset able to set correctly Moving...
  20. 70smidfiguy

Yamaha A-960 - 12VDC when measuring offset both channels

Hey all, I have a A-960 that I have received in an unknown state and cleaned up. Replaced compound and micas on outputs and drivers. Tested all outputs and drivers. Replaced all electrolytic on main board. Removed and tested 4 x main filter caps. On dim bulb, I get 10mv, both channels idle...
  21. 70smidfiguy

Kenwood KR-5030 - One side not biasing

Hello there, I'm back working on another lovely Kenwood. After restoring this unit I had everything working except the power switch was making poor contact and the lamps would flicker. I took it apart and cleaned all of the armatures and contacts, put it back in, fixed, everything looked...
  22. 70smidfiguy

Kenwood KR-4200 Hum at low levels - always present

Hey all, I have a mint Kenwood KR-4200 that is working perfectly save one thing. It has a hum that is present at all times: Its not effected by changing inputs Its not effected by the balance or in fact any controls or switches. Protection relay has been cleaned and seems to operate...
  23. 70smidfiguy

Nakamichi TA-4A - diode identification

Hey all, I have a diode on this unit which actually got corroded by glue used on the capacitors. There are two of these diodes on the entire unit and they are identified by being glass and having a blue and green stripe. I'm trying to identify and find a replacement for this. (D960 Shown in...
  24. 70smidfiguy

Insurance for Audio Collection - Seeking Wisdom

Hey all, over the past few years I have built up my audio collection to double digit numbers and need now to consider insurance for the higher value equipment. In theory (at least in Canada) one would get an appraisal of the equipment for condition and current values. It's sort of impossible to...
  25. 70smidfiguy

Sony STR-7055 - No AM or FM

Hey all, I acquired this receiver and the gentlemen I bought it from said that FM did not work but all other functions ok. He said he took it to a shop and they diagnosed to one of the tuner board IC's. The price was right so I grabbed it. After testing indeed he was correct. All inputs good...
Back
Top Bottom