Search results

1. hi-fi_EMT

Yamaha NS-690 Frozen voice coil (Shifted Magnet)

I made a vise today and got the magnet off. Voice coil reads 5 ohms. If we have a slow shift at the station Sunday I'll try to clean it all up and put it back together.
  2. hi-fi_EMT

Thanks for the information. I'm going to make the jig and try to do it myself.
  3. hi-fi_EMT

So if I'm understanding this correctly, you have to shift the magnet back into relative center with a vice or some kind of contraption and expoxy it to hold it in center?
  4. hi-fi_EMT

I would definitely say there is a chance.
  5. hi-fi_EMT

I decided to cut the dust cap off and have a look you are correct it a shifted magnet. I have only gently pushed on them so I shouldn't have caused any further damage. Any links to repair tutorials?
  6. hi-fi_EMT

I bought a pair of Yamaha NS-690 from Ebay for $460 shipped. The seller said they are "in good working condition". I pulled them out of the boxes and checked them out. They look great so I proceeded to push on the woofers and one is frozen solid. I have communicated with the seller and they...
  7. hi-fi_EMT

Got my first vintage receiver Sansui G-7500

Awesome, I'm definitely going to keep looking for them in the wild. I hope I end up finding some deals like that.
  8. hi-fi_EMT

What would be considered good, because I'm sure I didn't get a good price.:( I got it on fleabay and paid the buy it now price because I was obsessed with getting a Sansui and couldn't find anything in my area.
  9. hi-fi_EMT

@tater415 I just read the specs on the G 33000 :eek2: 300w per channel, I'm going to have to find one for myself. I would also like the midrange control. It looks nice as well.
  10. hi-fi_EMT

I thought it looks new as well. I took the top off today and had a look inside.
  11. hi-fi_EMT

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thanks guys.
  12. hi-fi_EMT

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

G-7500,858111700,hifi_EMT
  13. hi-fi_EMT

:rflmao: My wife hasn't seen it yet and your comment is spot on. I want to put it in the entertainment center in the living room but I don't think it will survive my two-year-old son.
  14. hi-fi_EMT

Just got it today, I have my audio_technica Lp3 hooked up to it and only have a set of Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to use right now but I'm loving it. I can't wait to get some good quality floor speakers hooked up. It seems like it is in like new condition and everything works.
  15. hi-fi_EMT

Any fellow N. Louisiana people out here?

Just joined AK, I'm in the Shreveport area.
  16. hi-fi_EMT

Hello from Louisiana.

Hey everyone, I have always loved quality car, home audio, and have recently gone down the rabbit hole into vinyl. I bought an audio-technica LP3 and have loved it. Now I have recently acquired a vintage Pioneer PL-260 and it has sent me into the world of vintage audio which lead me here. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom