Search results

1. n8dogg

Need opinions: DCM CX-17

Thanks KingBubba. Are you (or anyone) able to describe how they’d compare/contrast to what I currently have?
  2. n8dogg

Need opinions: DCM CX-17

I had a pair of CX-27s years ago and I don’t recall much of their sound characteristics other than that they could really rock. I’d like to try the DCM route again but I don’t have the room for the 27’s so I’d have to get the CX-17. I’ve been keeping an eye out but there aren’t any locally that...
  3. n8dogg

Luxman R-115 left channel cuts out

Thank you for this detailed suggestion! When time allows I will give it a shot.
  4. n8dogg

Thanks E2. This is helpful in terms of relay issues, but just to clarify in case it might make a difference, my problem is with the input selector relays and not the speaker relays. I’m sure the same logic (get in there and clean the contacts) applies. I’ve never opened this unit up. Is getting...
  5. n8dogg

Over the last few weeks the left channel has been cutting out. It’s gotten progressively worse to the extent that 85% of the time the left channel is silent. It seems to be related to the source selector as pushing those buttons is the only thing that seems to make it come or go. And when it’s...
  6. n8dogg

A sort of dumb question about vintage Receivers.

As long as they utilize the speaker outputs (and not the aux) I would think that would be ok.
  7. n8dogg

Improving audio quality tips requested

I’m pretty sure the sound bar has a built in amp so a DAC plugs directly into it.
  8. n8dogg

Improving audio quality tips requested

Welcome! Are you open to using other speakers and an amp/receiver?
  9. n8dogg

WiiM mini issues

Just curious, what is your friend’s frame of reference (experience level, other gear, etc.). Not knocking him in any way, just curious for my own sake because I “settled” for a WiiM for cost savings.
  10. n8dogg

Klipsch bundle

Ok I got the models. The center (I’m not interested in a center, I guess I could flip it) is RC10. Bookshelves are RB15 (had them before, didn’t love them). Sub is RW8; I’m good on subs though. Floorstanders are the most appealing, KG2.5. If I were into flipping I might have been interested but...
  11. n8dogg

What are these

Agreed! I have RB5’s in my main system and love them. I’ve had smaller ones (RB15 I think) that I didn’t like as much. I’m wondering how the ones in the pic would compare.
  12. n8dogg

Klipsch bundle

This is for sale near me. Asking $300. Thoughts?
  13. n8dogg

What are these

These are for sale near me. What models do you think they are? They’re a great price so I doubt they’ll be around long.
  14. n8dogg

WiiM mini issues

Mine have had noticeably fewer issues than when I originally posted this, I assume due to firmware updates. I’m super happy with them now and am considering buying another one or two for my other systems. The whole-house music thing is fun!
  15. n8dogg

MAGNEPAN SMG ANY REASON NOT TO BUY?

I ran mine with a Nakamichi TA-4 receiver, a well-regarded 100W stasis unit, and it sounded ok. Many people say you need more power than that to get the most out of them. However, I also ran them with a Harman Kardon PM640, a 35W integrated. I thought they actually sounded better with that...
  16. n8dogg

Glad things worked out for you. What will you be powering them with?
  17. n8dogg

The wires are glued to the Mylar film, and the glue degrades, then the wires detach from the film. The repair for this involves stripping/cleaning the wires and the film and re-glueing them back down. Separately, the Mylar itself may have rips in it. It can be repaired with tape. Although not as...
  18. n8dogg

What do you have in mind for the restoration? Delaminated wires and broken Mylar are the biggest issues that need addressing. Both relatively easy repairs if you’re patient.
  19. n8dogg

Onkyo DX-C400 opinions

I heard a Luxman CD player a long time ago that sounded incredible to me and I’ve wanted one ever since. Do you think spending the $100-$200 on one would be a noticeable upgrade?
  20. n8dogg

Onkyo DX-C400 opinions

I picked this up as part of a package deal. Everything works, it has the remote, and to me it sounds good. Anyone have experiences with this unit? Are Onkyo CD players generally well regarded?
  21. n8dogg

Dual Binding Posts a Marketing Gimmick?

Dumb question here but do multichannel amps always have separate amps for each channel?
  22. n8dogg

Spotify vs Tidal

It never even dawned on me they would be different. I see the same album art on streaming as the CD and blindly assumed they’re the same. Thanks for the insight.
  23. n8dogg

Spotify vs Tidal

So if I listen to the same song on a CD vs the Tidal version of that same album, the Tidal one not actually be the same mix?
  24. n8dogg

Spotify vs Tidal

It seems like ~ $100 is the bare minimum to get a streamer/DAC combo that has any regard. It also seems like an upgraded DAC is generally required to get up to CD level quality (does anyone disagree?). If you are using the aux out on your IPad (vs bluetooth) then you may not see a big...
  25. n8dogg

WiiM mini issues

It updated itself when I set them up but I’ll check to see if there’s a newer version. Do they happen to automatically do that? That ASR thread is long!
Back
Top Bottom