Search results

1. M

2220B FM tuner issues

I had the same symptoms present in my 2220B, including improved levels when probing H205, and you all demonstrated a great deal of patience with my bumbling about - I had and still have much to learn, but I did eventually rectify the issue after putting the receiver on the bench for the...
  2. M

2220B Troubleshooting

It's been over a year now, but I have great news! I took a break from working on the receiver to actually use it, but today, I have an answer, and without cannibalizing another receiver for a donor board. I'd like to document my solution so that others can fix this issue that in my research had...
  3. M

2220B Troubleshooting

Thanks for the tip about the discriminator. Given the test you described, the audio is similar to the output level I have now, but a tad quieter (even with the Right speaker disconnected, so it's not an issue of two speakers vs one). The only confusing aspect of this is that if the discriminator...
  4. M

2220B Troubleshooting

I unfortunately cannot find any "simple" fault of that sort, though it's possible I've missed something. I cannot guarantee my issue is not the P100 tuner, but FM exhibited the same symptoms with both tuner boards I had. While neither were confirmed to be "good", I was doubtful they had failed...
  5. M

2220B Troubleshooting

I hate to bump this after so long, but I had the project shelved for a while and have been enjoying the use of the receiver. I recently managed to resurrect the AM section with some donor parts from a unit in far worse shape and it seems to function as intended. The signal meter appears to work...
  6. M

2220B Troubleshooting

I figured H104 was faulty given I found a similar issue was resolved in a different amplifier, so I got a replacement for it, and it seems that this had not resolved the issue. At this point in time I'm getting 0V DC on Pin 11 nor any audio signal in AM, so I'm thinking that my initial 0V wasn't...
  7. M

2220B Troubleshooting

The Power Supply voltages are all looking good to me on the tuner boards. Also the signal meter does jump when testing resistance, so it does appear to be functional. Unfortunately, the problem is not the wiring connecting it, as there's no resistance across the lines and J104 tests at 0V. I see...
  8. M

2220B Troubleshooting

I finally got around to swapping the rest of the caps in the unit, which were all related to the AM and FM capabilities of the unit. Even though I'm not really in need of a working tuner, it didn't feel right to leave it sit with multiple leaking caps where things could get worse should I ever...
  9. M

2220B Troubleshooting

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it and my amplifier is coming together nicely. Now I need to handle the other minor issues, but I think I've got those figured out. There's a handful of bad caps on the MPX board which explains the lack of Stereo over FM, but the signal meter is...
  10. M

2220B Troubleshooting

I have recently purchased a Marantz 2220B as-is, fully expecting it wouldn’t be fully operational. I’ve done some basic service on amplifiers before so I figured it wouldn’t be too difficult a task to try and get this one going, but my limited knowledge and experience has unfortunately left me...
Back
Top Bottom