Search results

1. J

Particulates in Spin Clean fluid.

Had anyone had experience with particulates appearing in their Spin Clean solution? I had an older bottle that I was going to use after not using the Spin Clean for some time and when I examined it I saw what looked like small pieces of black mold floating in the solution. I threw that bottle...
  2. J

What TT's do you folks have

Pioneer PL-S70 Garrard SL-72B TransAudio 1800
  3. J

78 rpm mono cart for Garrard SL-72B?

I have a Garrard SL-72B that I would like to turn into a dedicated 78rpm table. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 78 rpm mono cart that would work well with the SL-72B and it's tonearm? Thanks in advance.
  4. J

Realistic 8010 Tonearm Mass?

I am buying a Realistic 8010 turntable today. It has an Empire EXL-10 cartridge installed on it but I don't know if this was the original cart and whether it is suited for the tonearm of the 8010 compliance wise Are there any other 8010 owners out there that can tell me what compliance...
  5. J

Minimum distance between turntable and receiver?

Very true, although I won't be buying the $3000 cables :) I won't buy the cheapest either but I'll have to look into it.
  6. J

Thanks, The table is a TransAudio 1800. The RCA's are hardwired into the table. I have plans to rewire all three of my tables with low capacitance cable in as short of lengths as possible.
  7. J

What are the interconnects? Are they the point where the RCA's leads are soldered inside the turntable?
  8. J

I have long term plans to replace the RCA cables on all three of my TT's with low capacitance cables in as short of lengths as possible.
  9. J

The cartridge installed on the new turntable (TransAudio 1800) is an Empire EXL-10. I'm not sure if this cart is shielded or not. I also have an AT95E that I can use instead of the Empire if need be.
  10. J

TransAudio 1800 Tonearm Mass?

I am buying a TransAudio 1800 turntable today. It has an Empire EXL-10 cartridge installed on it but I don't know if this was the original cart and whether it is suited for the tonearm of the 1800 compliance wise Are there any other 1800 owners out there that can tell me what compliance...
  11. J

I am buying a third turntable today and I'm trying to figure out the best placement for it in my listening room. Right now I'm thinking of placing it directly to the right side of my Marantz 4415 receiver (using the Marantz's phono preamp). I thought that I had read somewhere that there should...
  12. J

Record weight safe to use on my tables?

Thanks for all of the feedback on this. I think I will seek out a clamp and see how that works.
  13. J

Good point but I'm not sure how much a stack of records weighs, I never use it as a changer.
  14. J

I have been toying around with the idea of getting a record weight to see what benefits it may provide. I am looking at a Viborg weight with a mass of 280 grams (just under 10 ounces). I am wondering though about the possibility of damaging my tables with the added weight. I have a Garrard...
  15. J

Need help troubleshooting Marantz 4415 channel output problem.

Thanks Tom. On the 4415 the remote/local switch is on the front panel. I cycled the switch many times to no avail. I have been wanting to DeOxit all of the switches and contacts in the receiver as well as upgrade the lighting to LED's.
  16. J

I believe I posted this in the wrong section. Please delete this post. Thanks.
  17. J

I have a Marantz 4415 Quad receiver that I have been using in 2 channel stereo mode for the past 6 months or so with no issues. This past Saturday I decided to connect a second pair of speakers to check out the "Vari-Matrix" pseudo quadraphonic effect. Immediately upon powering the Marantz on...
  18. J

I have a Marantz 4415 Quad receiver that I have been using in 2 channel stereo mode for the past 6 months or so with no issues. This past Saturday I decided to connect a second pair of speakers to check out the "Vari-Matrix" pseudo quadraphonic effect. Immediately upon powering the Marantz on...
  19. J

Specs for Advent Prodigy II Bookshelf (Not Tower) Speakers?

Thanks again. I appreciate it.
  20. J

Thanks again, is there any way that you would be able to snap a picture of just the specs portion of that sheet please? I couldn't make out the sensitivity rating. Thank you much.
  21. J

Underpowering Speakers?

Thanks very much. My listening room is smaller (14' x 12') and I tend to listen at medium volumes.
  22. J

Underpowering Speakers?

I just purchased a pair of Advent Prodigy II Bookshelf speakers. They are rated at 75 watts RMS. I found this out after I had purchased them. The two receivers that I plan to use the speakers with are a Pioneer SX-626 which is rated at 27 wpc @ 8 ohms and Marantz 4415 which is rated at 15 wpc @...
  23. J

Can anybody point me in the direction of the specs for the Advent Prodigy II Bookshelf speaker? I've been googling and I've found the specs for the Baby Advents and the Prodigy Towers but nothing on the bookshelf version (23"x 13"x 8.5"). Any help is very appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom