Search results

1. Mikeorg

Orpheus three Mono poweramp

I'm working on a Orpheus Mono Power amplifier, and it has a little switch in the rear that switches between RCA and Balanced input, the problem is the switch is causing some noise to the speaker. I cant find any information on this amp besides the user manual, I cant find any specs on the switch...
  2. Mikeorg

Wanting to hook up a choke 8802 knock off

I built this Magnavox 8802 knock off and would like to put a choke in it but am not sure as to if I need to make any modifications to it or can I just hook it up between the 40mf and 20mf section of the can capacitor??? Do I need to take out the 470k power resistor that's between pin #3 on the...
  3. Mikeorg

Old Capacitor ID.

A friend asked that I take a look at an old Montgomery Wards am tube radio, and I ran across this cap and never seen a value marking like this; Cap 1/10 mfd 600v, what is the value of this so I can replace it....Help
  4. Mikeorg

Sansui QRX-7500

I have no lighting at all, the stereo plays I just cant find any reason the lighting wont work, anyone know what I need to look for?
  5. Mikeorg

Finished the Fisher PR-6 tube phono preamp knock off build...

Thank you for all the help, you know who you are!.... To build this I learned how to etch to make the board's, I made 3 different boards before I was happy with this design, the preamps sound great very musical, the 12AX7's gain can be a bit much so I incorporated a voltage splitter with a...
  6. Mikeorg

High gain in a 12AX7 mono phono preamp

I would like to know how to safely lower the gain on my phono preamp build... Would changing the resistance on the plate, I have 120k from filter cap to pin 1 PT2 and 68k from filter to pin 6 PT1
  7. Mikeorg

Full wave rectifier in tube phono preamp

I made these mono 12AX7 phono preamps and only used one diode to rectify the ac to dc, and am getting a little motor boating when sound up and no music playing, was wondering if using a full bridge rectifier would stop this problem?
  8. Mikeorg

Transformer shielding

I am building another phono preamp and was wondering if I could use a 3/4 inch thick piece of plexiglass to shield the one 12AX7 tube from the transformer by placing in between the two...
  9. Mikeorg

PR-6 fisher tube mono phono preamp knock off build...

I have built these two mono preamps and have a question about the two 22meg resisters, The resistors go from pins 2 & 5 to Cathode ground of a 6SC7, I've changed the tube to a 12AX7 and have some question as to keeping this value and if so what pins to connect to on the 12AX7?
  10. Mikeorg

Hawk Electronics.

Has anyone ever bought anything from Hawk electronics, I'm looking at some Transformers and I like the price only I've never used this firm. thanks
  11. Mikeorg

Fisher PR 6 phono preamp

I have these two Fisher 1959 mono phono preamps that run a metal tube 6SC7's but I wanted to run 12AX7 tubes in them, the 12ax7 is a easer tube to find and in my opinion far more musical, so I did my homework and figured out how to make a PCB to accommodate the changes necessary to make it...
  12. Mikeorg

McIntosh "Mac 1700 Stereo receiver"

Out put not working ran the preamp through a tape input of integrated amp and the pre sounds great, so figure it must be in the back end of it "the out put section" tested all the 32-070 7226 transistors that are mounted to the two small heatsinks and all tested good.there are 6 little...
  13. Mikeorg

Electro voice EV-4 specs.

I'm looking at buying these speakers {maybe} and cant find the db, the power handling or any other specs on them. Anyone have these?
  14. Mikeorg

Magnavox MCUO61 Variable resistors

I've got a Turntable on the bench with bad variable resistors in the speed control curcuit, both the 33 and a 1/3 and the 45rpm they are to shot to take a reading off of and I can not find a service manual, any suggestions would be welcome...besides throwing it out that is...
  15. Mikeorg

Dynaco 400

I would like to know where I can find the blue meter upgrades for my 400, I've looked at "update my Dynaco" site and cant find a link to order anything for the 400?
  16. Mikeorg

Bedini 150/150 MKii

Recaped and replaced all transistors in this power amplifier and it sounds great,then you leave it for a day or so,come back turn it on and the left channel has quit a lot of distortion, I tap on the transistoron left back and it clears right up, thought it may be a dry solder but refloed them...
  17. Mikeorg

Bedini

A friend of mine brought this over for me to play with and maybe figure out what it is, I rebuilt his Bodini 150/150 MKll some time back and he had this stuff along with it, any ideas? it has some writing on the front top left in red "the force and left bottom systems interlink...about 6 inches...
  18. Mikeorg

Bedini 150/150 MKii

Have changed out all output transistors on the right channel and wont to check the idle bias setting I've read and been told to measure across the emitter resistor positive side? and set to 35Ma. not to sound stupid but I do feel stupid for asking, The emitter resistor? the big .47ohm ones? the...
  19. Mikeorg

Bedini 150/150 MKll frying .47 emitter resistor.

This is a photo of the right channel, I've replaced this resistor and when ever I put power to the amp it smokes "Not what I was hoping" any suggestion's as to why it would do this, could it be a output transistor?
  20. Mikeorg

Setting the idle current of a Bedini 150/150

Please forgive me the question but and so some it may be a dumb one but I will only have to ask it once if I learn from it. " The idle current of the Bedini 150/150 mkll is 35Ma across emitter resistor please be kind and tell me which leg of the resistor to hook multimeter positive and when...
  21. Mikeorg

Bedini 150/150 MKii

Just a Bias question; does anyone know the idle current setting on this power amp, I can find NO anything about the Bedini?....
  22. Mikeorg

Denon POA 1500

I am rebuilding a Denon POA 1500 and have a problem, the trimpots for the idle current in the service manual calls for a 100K variable resistor {trimpot} Vr1 & Vr2. But the ones I took out are 10K and work better than the 100K ones I just put in, anyone come across this, is it a typo in the...
  23. Mikeorg

Bedini 150/150 MKii

A friend brought by his beloved Bedini for me to fix if I could, it sounds wonderful for around 10 minutes and then the right channel starts to distort very badly I know nothing about Class A and there is no information on this amp that I have been able to find, I know that I would like to check...
  24. Mikeorg

"Counterpoint solid 1" distortion in right channel at low volume

I am working on a Counterpoint solid 1 power amp that is having some problem with distortion in the right channel, but only at low volume "The left is fine" I've replaced the 4 MJE 15030 and 15031's in both channels hopping it would do the trick but it did not, it sounds great at volume 3 or...
  25. Mikeorg

Eicho HF-81 Thumping noise at full power?

A guy I know bought and replaced some resisters and caps in this integrated tube amp, he brought it to me when it started making a loud thumping noise and so I figured it had to be the power section, so I replaced the 20uf,40uf,40uf cap and cleaned up the rest of the unit a little, it sounds...
Back
Top Bottom