Search results

1. L

Kenwood Super Eleven, build vs design quality

My speakers have a simple crossover design ,after more research I found that around that time period a lot of manufacturers used a lot of negative feedback to get low distortion numbers that looked impressive . Hans Beekhuyzen a Youtube equipment and sound expert and many others say a lot of...
  2. L

Kenwood Super Eleven, build vs design quality

I have a Super Eleven GX It is the most impressive looking piece of equipment I own but not the best sounding. I used it to drive my Ohm Walsh 2 speakers but they did not sound nearly as good as they did at Tech HiFi so I blamed poor room acoustics. After about 6 years of use I got a Carver...
  3. L

Todays Speakers vs Vintage Speakers

Yes Ohm says I can upgrade my speakers to the latest version for $1.400 if I replace the parts myself and that will get me lower bass and higher highs and to be honest a few times I wished for lower lows like for Rick Wakemans organ pedals but for a fraction of that I could get a subwoofer...
  4. L

The problem is the average person does not know or care about accurate sound reproduction with good imaging with a wide soundstage to them all they care about is loud thumping bass . They most likely think that MP3 files sound as good as a CD and you'll never convince them that vinyl sounds...
  5. L

Oh no, another Carver MXR-130 thread

Many receivers and amplifiers of this age and power have output relays that go bad and cold solder joints due to thermal expansion and contraction of anything that gets hot . Since so many of these Carver units were sold you will see a lot of failures just due to that there are so many of these...
  6. L

OHM has a speaker in Beta testing for $3000 that go 20-20k+/- 3 dB where the top is a WALSH radiator with a wide dispersion tweeter and the bottom cabinet is a powered sub (I know only the OHM A &F's were true WALSH radiators ) their current offerings still image better and have a much wider...
  7. L

Like your quote , I got the OHM's in 86 the Carver in 92 they were well broken in and I still have the kenwood,it still works but needs work,something to keep me busy when I retire
  8. L

Carver MXR-150 "The Receiver" refurb - found a source for the relays!

You don't imagine it has the dynamic headroom of conventional amps and you're right it has way more Bob found that to recreate the sound of a scissor snap you momentarily need over 2000 watts and while most amplifiers are incapable of this feat for enen a millisecond his m1.5t amp can for...
  9. L

Ohm Walsh 2

With a god amp or receiver they sound great ,with proper placement they disappear as a sound source with good imaging and a wide sweet spot ,and they can do rock and electronic with tight accurate bass but if you are looking for a lot of bass look elsewhere but if you can get them for 300 that...
  10. L

Anyone reading this thread deciding rather or not to buy any of the Carver receivers or amps if you have good speakers and are a critical listener you WILL be delighted by what you hear, it brings out so much fine detail in the music of any kind where other amplifiers or receivers at this price...
Back
Top Bottom