Search results

1. Vermontaigne

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thanks, coming together, bit by bit.
  2. Vermontaigne

Well, got the man cave mostly set up here in Scotland. Listening to Charles Lloyd and The Marvels.
  3. Vermontaigne

Are there really that many classic tracks?
  4. Vermontaigne

Thanks, John and Jim.
  5. Vermontaigne

Thanks, Te-Te. Good morning, all. Busy painting and moving gear today. Selling off my Mordaunt-Short floorstanders tonight. Someone's coming over to by a couple box sets of Rolling Stones singles tomorrow, then I've got other CDs to mail. Have to swivel mount the TV, once the paint's dry. Affix...
  6. Vermontaigne

Nice playlist.
  7. Vermontaigne

Damn Magnepans.
  8. Vermontaigne

Hey, guys. Hanging out at the hospital in Dumfries, Scotland, with a client.
  9. Vermontaigne

Shane! Come back!
  10. Vermontaigne

Performed a robbery today. Guy 90 minutes away sold me a Denon AVC-A1D, Monitor Audio Radius 90 5.1 surround package, a Velodyne Impact 12 subwoofer and a Sony DVP-S7700 DVD/CD/Video CD player for about $80.
  11. Vermontaigne

Sears 570 Receiver?

In the case of this line-up of Sears gear that matches contemporary Wharfedales, the manufacturer was Rotel (despite lots of speculation to the contrary online), but they used others at other times. That's an interesting tip about the prefix being the vendor, though. Would be neat to put...
  12. Vermontaigne

Sears 570 Receiver?

I'm sorry for any confusion. The one with presets is a Wharfedale Triton receiver equivalent. The one without is the Linton equivalent of Sears gear. Apart from having the presets, the Sears rebadged Triton is the more powerful of the two models. The Wharfedale line-up at the time was Denton...
  13. Vermontaigne

Sears 570 Receiver?

No, you're right. I was looking at a pic from a different link. That's a Triton, same as mine. Here's the pic that I was looking at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SEARS-570-STEREO-RECEIVER-TESTED-VERY-NICE/163702954315?hash=item261d74d94b:g:4KkAAOSwmZVc5rft Still make a nice preamp, at the...
  14. Vermontaigne

Sears 570 Receiver?

I take it back. A closer look reveals that your model is equivalent to the Wharfedale Linton.
  15. Vermontaigne

Yes, it does. It's specced to something like 45 wpc at 8 ohms in stereo, and 20 wpc in matrix or stereo 4 speakers.
  16. Vermontaigne

Yes, it has a "Tape" out, another 5-pin DIN, but I have no way of trying it. This model also has a "Matrix" switch in the back, though that's switched to Normal mode.
  17. Vermontaigne

No, I was just using the "Cassette" input to see whether it was an input with the "Aux" jack. I used my Bluetooth receiver in both.
  18. Vermontaigne

Punching the Mono button evens the balance and removes the noise from the signal.
  19. Vermontaigne

Well, maybe, but I tried the cassette input, too. It seems that the connections upstream of the tuner are affected. I guess I could try a different input cord.
  20. Vermontaigne

Well, troubles with this Wharfedale Glendale badged Rotel receiver. I get volume to left and right from FM through headphones, but almost nothing from left when I use AUX or other inputs. I've DeOxited the heck out of the pots and switches, contact cleaned everything that makes sense, and still...
  21. Vermontaigne

Sears 570 Receiver?

Hey, Rich, I have one of these, too, and like it very much. It is indeed Rotel made rebadged Wharfedale Triton. I have another Rotel made Wharfedale, as well, the Glendale, which is 45 wpc into stereo at 8 ohms, or 20 in "quad matrix" into 4 channels. The Triton-ish one is cooler looking, has...
  22. Vermontaigne

Happy bday.
  23. Vermontaigne

Hey, guys, sorry I haven't been around. I'm shifting from one job to another, and having to satisfy 3 part-time employers. Also, we've been renovating, so the gear I brought over here is in storage, till the extension is finished. Mary and I have been sleeping on a mattress on the floor of the...
Back
Top Bottom