Search results

1. StoryMe

Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

Have to give a shout out to another Bob - @wlhd1610. I was in a pickle and he got me back on track. To me he's a perfect example of why I came here and will keep coming back. Good people who know good stuff.
  2. StoryMe

"I've made a terrible mistake" - Gob

Well Bob. My first and second attempt at a fix (Flitz and Deoxit) didn't cut it. I'm back to being out of ideas. I'll take whatever you've got.
  3. StoryMe

Confirmed. It did shine them up pretty good. Much more of a chromed look
  4. StoryMe

So, I tried the Deoxit solution here as well. Didn't do anything in this case I'm afraid. But appreciate the idea. I hadn't considered that.
  5. StoryMe

Oh, good sir. By all means, bust away. I doubt you could give me half as hard of a time as I've given myself. You'd think I'd gambled away the title to my house.
  6. StoryMe

Ok...an update: I bought some Flitz and polished those knobs something fierce. And it helped. But they are definitely not back to 'normal' condition. They look a bit more 'chrome' now. It's a darker, shinier look. It's ok. It's better. Kind of. Unfortunately the Flitz did not fix the most...
  7. StoryMe

Just the type of advice I came here for. I'll give this a shot and report back. Thanks Sandstrom
  8. StoryMe

Hangs his head and sighs.... I messed up. I needed to clean the knobs on a Marantz 2270 that I'd picked up and was refurbing a bit before putting into use. New bulbs, new velum, new power switch, cleaned pots. I was learning a bit as I went and had watched a youtube video suggesting that I soak...
  9. StoryMe

Oh hey guys

Lurker turned poster here. Love you guys. I've got a doozy of a story for you to kick things off. But I don't want to be the guy that shows up asking for advice and favors before contributing something himself. So for now I'll just say thanks for everything you've given me so far. I've learned a...
Back
Top Bottom