Search results

1. M

Switching platters on BSR turntables

Right .That what I read about the weight. The bearing look the same and basically everything else. I know what you mean, they have to match up. I appreciate your reply. Now I found a new toy for free. Lol A Dual a CS 1246. For years I repaired and flipped items, guitars,etc. Now turntables.lol...
  2. M

Thank you for the welcome. Yes they do. But I guess it doesn't matter changing if its not worth much. Lol .Thank you again
  3. M

Why I have thus thing about being afraid of switching platters from one of the same make to another. Sort of like its tampering with the originality. I know some BSR are not really the top tier, but selling the other with a different model platter is making me hesitant. I suppose I would be the...
  4. M

BSR Mcdonald-Can't find the year made

The arm is like that for the SA150, S shaped.But it has a counter weight with no numbers that I'm missing. I have to find how in the Heck they adjusted it! I see o,e for sale on eBay but I'm not paying 20. I thought maybe about getting another with number with the same hole diameter. But then...
  5. M

Yes! This is great. This is the of info I like. Thank you for all your help.
  6. M

Wow, I figured it might be that year because of the shape of the platter and arm. Thanks very much. I love this stuff.
  7. M

Thanks so much, That's pretty cool!
  8. M

I have searched for days trying to find out the age of two turntables. I suspect 70s of course, but what part of the 70s. I searched sites that have manuals,etc. One is a Realistic LAB 12C and the other is a BSR McDonald SA150. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom