Search results

1. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Yes, post 13. Amp is running great!
  2. T

Official "cheap" Chinese Tube Audio forum Douk Nobsound FX-Audio

The tubes are there for show only. Maybe to heat your room.
  3. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

A couple of tips for anyone doing this build. The volume pot goes on the side with the printed square outline. Put the wooden ends on before you build it!
  4. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

EDIT: Assembly error. Works great with the schematic as shown on the first page. Quiet too.
  5. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Buellor?
  6. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Welp. Fired it up, and the sound is very weak and slightly distorted both channels. Probably enough to drive a headphone. I wonder, the output tubes are 6l6g instead of the specified 6p3p. Could this be why? Also instead of the6n8p tubes for the driver, I got 6H8C. The voltages are all on the...
  7. T

Cheap Amp Recommendations

Looks pretty similar to this one. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/nobsound-6n8p-6p3p.814680/
  8. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

So, just getting around to putting some more effort into this. You skipped the 1.5 meg between the driver and output valves? I guess I will wire it as the schematic is shown and if it goes egg shaped, clip it out of there. As you noted, OC does not have the 1.5meg in the pictures... So I am...
  9. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Yes, it would be. There is an extra wire from the power transformer that is yellow with a green trace that I ASSUME is a center tap that needs to be grounded. For what winding, I’ve no idea. It comes off the primary side. Being new to tubes, why are there two seperate 6.3 volt windings used?
  10. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Are the AC mains red wires on the right twisted enough (homogeneously) ? I thought I would get cute and ordered some 20 gauge solid core wire with nice insulation and a cotton covering to give that old time look (tubedepot.com), but it does not twist so well with the wire from the power...
  11. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

I like that. The thin stainless chassis scares me to drill in it though. Here is what I have so far on this erector set. I added terminal strips, I want to keep it as neat and tidy as possible.
  12. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Duplicate.
  13. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

I agree, and that follows best practice- but in many on the net that I have seen, they did not ground the chassis to earth and the bus seems to be grounded in many places (supports) in the photos. In the build from this guy who, IIRC is connected to the kit maybe...
  14. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

To ground or not to ground....? The schematic, and other pictures of the build show no ground getting ties to the IEC plug. For the most part, this is going to be driven by a cell phone or computer. Whatdaya think? The kit so far is missing the point to point terminal strips. I can go get...
  15. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Thanks, will do!
  16. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Not upset at all by your comments. Where else are you going to get a complete kit for less than $200 delivered? Looks fairly complete to me, I've not inventoried it yet, but so far so good.
  17. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Welp, mine came today. That is the sum total of instructions. Hopefully with the other stuff floating around the internet I'll be able to throw this erector set together!
  18. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Pray tell, what local craftsman sells tube amp kits at this price point? Russian roulette? Would you kindly link the thread where someone burned down their house, or wound up in an ambulance, or even threw it out in frustration? This, and most other forums exists to HELP. Just ‘sayin.
  19. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

gusaudio, can you post a pic of the schematic that came with your kit and what they supplied?
  20. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Incredibly helpful!
  21. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Bueller?
  22. T

Nobsound 6N8P+6P3P

Just bought this kit on ebay. Any more thoughts on the finished amp? Voltages? A CL90 might reduce them slightly? Hum?
Back
Top Bottom