Search results

1. V

2330B Hum Issue

Just an update. Replaced all caps and all transistors except for a couple. Those would have been replaced too but something got mixed up in the ordering process and only received one out of the 10 I ordered. Hum still persistent as ever
  2. V

2330B Hum Issue

Turntable works fine and cart is new. Works on any other phono section fine, so I’ve eliminated that option
  3. V

2330B Hum Issue

I don’t think it’s ground at this point. I’ve gone thru and cleaned every single ground and reflowed every one as well. I will take a look at those transistors.
  4. V

2330B Hum Issue

Hum is even on both left and right on both phono inputs only, regardless of shorting plugs.
  5. V

2330B Hum Issue

Was overjoyed today thinking I had gotten it after reflowing all the connections on the Phono section, but had the tape switch on. Hum was still there persistent as ever. Bad with bleed over across the inputs now as well. Ripping my hair out:whip:
  6. V

2330B Hum Issue

No I have not. About to at this rate
  7. V

2330B Hum Issue

Went back thru and scrubbed down every ground and unfortunately wasn’t that simple. I’ll be reflowing the grounding posts on the boards tomorrow.
  8. V

2330B Hum Issue

I haven’t tried the app yet to pinpoint the frequency but to my ears, matches 120hz tone.
  9. V

2330B Hum Issue

Thank you all so much for the reply’s. Has given me some more spots to look. Have tested with shorting plugs, didn’t know about the bottom plate, so I affixed it back on, and still the hum persists. Grounds were the first thing I checked and cleaned, I’ll double check my work, tho I added a...
  10. V

2330B Hum Issue

I have a 2330B I have been working on for a while and haven’t had much success. There is a bad hum in the phono section. Not a grounding issue as I’ve taken and jumpered the power board and phono straight to ground. I’ve been focusing on the power supply due to the fact that the hum is even in...
  11. V

Marantz 2330b Filter Capacitors

Thank you all. Got it back together and filter caps are working just as they should.
  12. V

What music did you discover and enjoy this year ?

Blind Pilot - Half Moon. Well recorded and put together. Only song by them that seem to stand out to me so far.
  13. V

I’m aware. I have the two caps to put into the old can. Just need to know how to connect them. One picture I’ve seen here on the threads is where the 4 are mounted into 3D printed clamps. The caps they wired seem to have a parallel cap on them. Would that be nessesary?
  14. V

To start off, I know there have been many posts about the Marantz double caps, and I have looked over all the posts I could find. I need some help and verification on connection and polarity. The double cap has 3 prongs, and both of the new caps I’m stuffing into the old can has two posts...
  15. V

Infinity QLS-1 Crossover Attenuators

Thank you for the replies. I am going to go the bypass route and see if I can’t refurbish some of the pots later.
  16. V

McIntosh 2250 issue

My very first McIntosh amp I managed to scoop up and it’s sickly. The build is like nothing else I’ve ever worked on, it has the test feature and the autoformers. Previous owner said he took it to a tech and still faced problems. After running the test upon turning it on, the left channel shows...
  17. V

Infinity QLS-1 Crossover Attenuators

I’ve stumbled upon multiple threads here on the site where pots have been mentioned and most have been lucky enough to take them out and clean them, not needing replacement. Unfortunately for my pair they are pretty bad. There is some water damage to the crossover cabinet and the pots faired the...
Back
Top Bottom