Search results

1. P

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Bought a cadenza with louvered speaker doors, WITH built in " Record Player" $50 Unseen. Found no speakers, but in one ,4 -10" metal R/R ??? Here's THE RP. Still trying to figure out the cartridge.T-24, Shure bracket, holding a Stanton cartridge, and a D70E stylus ??? AND a nasty solder job on...
  2. P

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Just got this John. Pigboat659
  3. P

JUST picked up from GW hour ago $.99 Cover, rough. LP, Beautiful !! A special few of my double LP's,form the late 60's, have these greenish stains, and scrape marks on the inside ???? Pigboat659
  4. P

Need guidance and advice

Boot camp, SD, 1969 What a Sailor town ! Went back last year, What a Tourist trap. Unbelievable change ! Out in 67, You must of been built same time as Sperry :).
  5. P

Need guidance and advice

Thank you for your input, detail, advice, and sharing of experience. All very much appreciated. Pigboat659
  6. P

Need guidance and advice

Pearl or Guam? Had orders to Permit,scared the it out of me, extended to go to the yards. Portsmouth. 69/75 New London Sailor.
  7. P

Need guidance and advice

A friggin tender puke! I dealt with the CAN O PISS, and Hunley, Holy Loch, and Rota. You must of been a PAC guy. That's me in the sonar shack 1972. Since I was sonar we had reel to reel tapes, we could comsha? ANYTHING off the tender. And I want to thank you guys for loading all that steak and...
  8. P

Need guidance and advice

Original buyer.OLD guy. May be it was the "NEW SS" thing that got him. Didn't think to ask, but will. All can say is he took REAL good care of them, then store in closet, original box for 15/20 years! Thank you for for the very informative info. Exactly what I was looking for. Pigboat659
  9. P

Need guidance and advice

I really enjoy the input I am a LP guy, those are the front line How bout the MA-6100? ?? I'm recapping now, The pic of units I've seen are pristine, I explained to gentleman about caps, Just out of box's after 15 years in closet. Said hooked up,sounds great, everything works. He's near 80 ,so...
  10. P

nikko beta II recap

Hey Guys Mine is on the stack to be sold. Then I had reservations. I know phono section is something special. I am getting rid of my unused black face. 11 Adcom's. + others. Now Iv'e pulled the Beta. Pigboat659
  11. P

nikko beta II recap

Hi old thread, Just purchased Beta II, 9/10, $20, still have that cap list ? Heard great things about the phono section. Any advice from your experience with recap would be appreciated. Pigboat659
  12. P

Need guidance and advice

Hi all, Opportunity to buy for $900. McIntosh, MR71, c24, 2100. ET so I know about the electronics, Upgrading a MA-6100 now (my first Mc) Keep,why, why not. Keep tube, off s/s? Add MA-6100, and off MR-71? Off 71? Sell, $$$$, realistic, instead of ebay. condition 9/10 It's about getting into...
  13. P

JBL L-166 or Pioneer CS-99A

Thanks again. Following is Not my quote. Way to go! If you are like me you will notice that the layout is very much like a 4412, except not mirror imaged. I've said it before, the L-166 is designed tolay on it's side, with the tweeter above the mid, just like the 4412. Unlike the 4412, the...
  14. P

Outstanding, just what I wanted to hear. They will be local sales first. Plan was off both after rehab. 67 so let them go to someone that can hear the quality. Seller has to end of month, then retirement home, can you imagine. Is it true JBL is made to lay on it's side? Thanks Pigboat659
  15. P

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

or the horizontal sliders?
  16. P

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

Are those like little chrome caps? SD
  17. P

The Story of Happiness Stan Pigboat659
  18. P

Love that album, Sweet Lorraine, ONE of My favorite songs and Darkness Darkness Pigboat659
  19. P

And those ARE typewriters in the back top. Worked for Royal 1975
  20. P

You kinda like THIS. $.10 on the dollar
  21. P

Denon PMA-501
  22. P

Hi again I live in a retirement area and get the best deals. Klipsch Quartets $35, RF-3 with RC-3 $50, 2 wks ago, McIntosh MA-6100 $175, yesterday, Denon 9.5/10 $25. Burn and Turn Pigboat659
  23. P

Hi All Thanks for all the input. I was never one either that thought more is better. Ruger over auto, 4cyl. MGB, over V8 Muscle. Old ( that's me in 1972, sonar shack, nuke sub ) Klipsch, Adcom Guy. The Pioneer I may get for $100 The JBL's hopefully < $300 Lot of dickering, not sure,yad,yad...
  24. P

Hi All Trying for both. IF it comes down to a choice? It's not about $$, or condition. So, Your choice, and why.
  25. P

Working On

Back
Top Bottom