Search results

1. DrummerGeek

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I Fight Dragons - The Near Future
  2. DrummerGeek

Just finished building my custom plinth for my SP-25

Thanks! What cart would you suggest? At this point, I am pretty sure that the cart is not the weakest link in my signal chain. I am using the following signal chain: ART DJ-Pre Phono preamp -> Yamaha R-S202 Receiver -> Polk Audio RT25i Speakers Improving the quality of the receiver is my next...
  3. DrummerGeek

Better than it did. I am really happy with the output. The new plinth easily weighs 3 times as much as the old one.
  4. DrummerGeek

Are these worth trying to repair and or sell?

I went to visit my parents for the holidays, and while searching the old radio station building he had purchased, we found 2 Russco Cue Master turntables. They didn't have any arms attached, but the motors appeared to work and the platter spun when selecting a speed. I didn't have any tools to...
  5. DrummerGeek

A few months ago I posted about me finding a couple SP-25's in an old radio station that my father had purchased. I traded one of them to hoodie for a Rega RB-330 that I equipped with an Ortofon 2M Red. For months I had it mounted in the section of particle board countertop I found it in. With...
  6. DrummerGeek

Yamaha M-80 in PROTECTION MODE

Check and make sure you don't have a short somewhere in your speaker wires or speakers. I had this problem once with a different receiver when I had stapled wires to the wall for overhead surrounds, one of the staples pierced the two conductors causing a short. Took forever for me to figure out...
  7. DrummerGeek

So the FedEx man stopped by today.... part 1

That is a gorgeous plinth!
  8. DrummerGeek

Styx - Kilroy was Here (One of my all time favorite records, make of that what you will :P)
  9. DrummerGeek

Technics SP-25 up and running.

Laser cut MDF router templates came in today for my plinth design. Later this week I will be buying some 3/4" MDF and building the new plinth base.
  10. DrummerGeek

Rush - 2112
  11. DrummerGeek

Made a drum cover video of Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

I've been listening to sooo much Dire Straits on my new turntable lately, that I decided to record a drum cover of me playing Sultans of Swing. I felt like sharing :D
  12. DrummerGeek

Reader's Digest - The Unforgettable Nat King Cole Box Set
  13. DrummerGeek

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
  14. DrummerGeek

Disc 4 of "The Longines Symphonette Society proudly presents... the Nat King Cole Golden Treasury, Unforgettable"
  15. DrummerGeek

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Rega RB330 with aftermarket counterweight and Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
  16. DrummerGeek

What TT's do you folks have

Just got my Technics SP-25 up and running with a Rega RB330 and Ortofon 2M Red cartridge.
  17. DrummerGeek

Pristine Aiwa AP-2600

Is it automatic or manual? It looks beautiful.
  18. DrummerGeek

Continuing my Rush kick, Clockwork Angels. On my "new" turntable.
  19. DrummerGeek

Technics SP-25 up and running.

For the first time since I found it in a junk pile in an old radio station, I was able to play a record on my Technics SP-25. Mounted a Rega RB330 that I traded Hoodie the other SP-25 I had for on the "plinth" (just a section of laminated countertop) it was attached to when I found it. Put an...
  20. DrummerGeek

My planned plinth/cabinet for my Technics SP-25

The shelf on bottom was designed to fit a receiver. I changed the design slightly, it will now be maple and cherry, have a solid 3.75" MDF plinth and is 2 inches wider.
  21. DrummerGeek

Modern Vinyl from Digital Recordings

Thanks for the link. I also hate that I failed to include the word "like" in my original post. Great info, though.
  22. DrummerGeek

Plinth feet question

Are isolation feet important for plinth construction? I am designing a cabinet right now, it will be quite heavy (over 40 lbs), and I haven't figured out what to use for feet that will fit the aesthetic. It is for a Technics SP-25 if that matters.
  23. DrummerGeek

Modern Vinyl from Digital Recordings

I want to pose a question to the vinyl lovers here. I go out of my way to purchase vinyl of albums I love because I love the experience of listening to them in that format. Something dawned on me though, considering that most new productions are digitally recorded, is vinyl really any better...
  24. DrummerGeek

Rush - Vapor Trails Remixed
  25. DrummerGeek

Found a Teac X-3 mkii

Just tested, and the capstan does work.
Back
Top Bottom