Search results

1. ScienceGun

Kenwood KR-4070 stuck on headphones mode

Hello again, I decided to try my luck on Craigslist once more, and brought home a Kenwood KR-4070. Unfortunately it seems to have one major problem: the dial that is supposed to control whether it outputs to speakers A, B, or headphones does nothing. Twirl it all you like, it still only...
  2. ScienceGun

Technics SA-202: Very Fuzzy+Quiet Left Channel

Howdy folks, I'm back with the same problem on a different receiver. This time it's a Technics SA-202. The audio is very fuzzy/staticy in the left channel, and much quieter than it should be. I've cleaned the sucker out with compressed air and applied Deoxit to the pots and switches. I also...
  3. ScienceGun

Harman/Kardon 330c - Intermittent audio in left channel

Greetings all, I recently came across a Harman/Kardon 330c on Craigslist. I scooped it up, brought it home, and applied some deoxit to the pots, but when I connected it to my speakers, I was only getting audio out of the right channel. I did some very basic troubleshooting. Swapped the...
  4. ScienceGun

Just trying to avoid a weak link

Right now I'm trying to find a good DAC for my setup. I've got a TCL 49S305 Roku Smart TV with Digital Optical Audio Output that I want to pipe into my Technics SA-202 receiver, which in turn will be connected to a pair of Boston Acoustics T830s. Since the Technics does not have Digital...
  5. ScienceGun

Raspberry Pi: Most cost-effective solution?

I'm still working on getting my stereo system up and running, but I'm already looking ahead on how to do digital integration. I'm kind of a Raspberry Pi fan. I already own two: one for playing retro games on my TV, and one running Pi Hole (a whole-home ad blocker). So my first thought was to...
  6. ScienceGun

Denon Quartz DP-23F: How badly did I get ripped off?

So, a while back, I bought an as-is turntable off Craigslist. $15 for a Denon Quartz DP-23F. Owner claimed that no sound came out. For $15, what do you expect? I brought it home and tested it, and found that sound DID come out--of one channel, at least. So I decided to take it to my...
  7. ScienceGun

Vintage Speakers for a Technics SA-202?

Howdy! I'm extremely excited to be receiving a vintage Technics SA-202 in the mail soon. I know it's not the greatest receiver that money can buy, but it's the same one that my late father used back in the 1980s. My mom found it in storage, and although it appears to be in good shape, the...
  8. ScienceGun

Howdy!

Greetings from Texas! I'm a total neophyte when it comes to audio, so I hope to learn a lot while I'm here. I first became interested in audio a few months ago, and have already made a few upgrades. Out went my SkullCandy earbuds, to be replaced with a pair of Sony MDR7506s and Bluedio Victory...
Back
Top Bottom